Casey Ritch - Norman, OK is a thief and scammer - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:25 PM   #1
shytownjb
Thumbs down Casey Ritch - Norman, OK is a thief and scammer

I did a trade with Casey. Prior to the last week or so, there was no feedback on him. I thought that the lack of no feedback was better than bad. I talked to him on the phone after we talked about a trade. I traded him an '06 female pastel, for a supposed 3000+g normal female. I need a female for my male, so it seemed fair. WE were to ship same day. I send my tracking #, etc. He was dropping his off at UPS. He gets mine..I get nothing. He said he had to work late and couldn't make it.
Attempt #2, he said UPS intercepted it.
Attempt #3, he said he sent it DHL and gave me a tracking number. He also said on the phone "By the way, I have been having trouble with the delivery driver. Last time I had an axanthic stolen and replaced with a rock" Now I know something is wrong. If he had that happen, why use dhl again? Anyway, I get the tracking number and since our phone conversation I took pictures. here is what I get:

While it is a pretty rock...it isn't even close to the value of my female pastel that was sent. I think he not only steals the animal, but will probably file a claim with DHL. BTW CASEY, I have told multiple board members about our "rock" conversation PRIOR to when this was delivered to me. There is no way to weasel your way out of this one.

Here is our emails:

here she is let me know if your interested

john bort <johnbort2@yahoo.com> wrote:She is 80g. Just weighed her.

John

--- snakeman9986@yahoo.com wrote:

> *************
> NOTE: This message was sent to you via the
> Kingsnake.com Classifieds. If you feel this
> message is fraudulent or abusive please forward it
> to classifieds@pethobbyist.com.
> NOTE: DO NOT flag this message as SPAM/JUNK as your
> ability to receive legitimate messages from
> Kingsnake.com Classifieds may be compromised
> *************
>
> i have a 3000g+ normal female my scales stop at
> 3000g and she puts it in error i would like to see
> pics of your 06 female what line is she what does
> she eat and whatdoes she weigh?
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> Click on (or cut and paste into you browser's
> location window) the URL below to view the ad that
> this message is in response to.
>
>
http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?de=446014&cat=38
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------
> This message was sent by the user: snakeman9986
>
> Sent 01:05 PM, Sep 26th, 2006 from I.P. Address
> 68.97.8.235
>
>

oh yeah she gets bred every year last year she laid 12 eggs

john bort <johnbort2@yahoo.com> wrote: I am interested. Couple of questions though? Has she
ever been bred before? If not, are you 100% sure it
is a female? Thanks,
John

I edited his info and mine to be fair

Do you feed her live or f/t? I think I would like to
do a trade. My number is xxxxxxx if you could
call we can work out details.
John

Casey Ritch
xxxxxx
xxxxx
xxxxxx

john bort <johnbort2@yahoo.com> wrote: Cool, that's what I figured..just didn't want to
assume anything. I plan on shipping tomorrow. I will
send you a tracking number in the afternoon. Please
send me a tracking number when you get it. BTW, what
is the weather like there? Not tooo hot?

Thanks,
john
This is after his first failed attempt at delivering a snake to me. Also xxxx'ed out his profanity
just got my internet working fucxxxx cox communications just thought i'de tell you that its up and sh'e doing great

can you give me your address 1 more time to double check

john bort <johnbort2@yahoo.com> wrote:Glad to hear you got your email going. My wife will
be home tomorrow, so shipping out today is good.
Please send a tracking number when you can. Thanks,
John

This is from him AFTER I got the rock...he said he would ship my snake out yesterday

thanks for being understanding sorry could'nt get things worked out

john bort <johnbort2@yahoo.com> wrote: UPS:

UPS CUSTOMER CENTER
Attn:HOLD for JOHN Bortel 209 S ALEX RD
WEST CARROLLTON, OH 45449

If you want to ship FedEx, it can go to:
FedEx staffed
Attn:HOLD for JOHN Bortel
2578 Corporate Pl
Miamisburg, OH 45342

These will be cheaper for you, since you don't need to
pay for 10:30 delivery.

Thanks,
John

Even after his BS, I tried to be cordial, in the hopes of guilting him into making it right.

Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 06:35:10 -0700 (PDT)
From: "john bort" <johnbort2@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Re: Fed Ex and UPS info
To: "casey ritch" <snakeman9986@yahoo.com>
Casey,
What's the word on the delivery? Give me a call as
soon as you can. Thanks, John

Now he doesn't answer his phone or email The following is my last email to him

Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 11:07:50 -0700 (PDT)
From: "john bort" <johnbort2@yahoo.com> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Subject: What's the deal?
To: "casey ritch" <snakeman9986@yahoo.com>
Casey,

I have tried to be patient. You told me you would
ship my snake back yesterday. Since then, I have
gotten no call, no email, no word whatsoever. A rock
isn't what we agreed to trade my pastel female for.
Please contact me ASAP, or I will be forced to take
legal action. I am not making any threats, but I will
not be taken. You will find it very hard to do any
business if you steal animals...which is what you have
done thus far. You can send me my snake back or pay
me for her via paypal. Please don't continue to dodge
me, as it is insulting. If you were truly sorry about
this, your number one priority would have been to make
it right by me. I will be contacting the
FBI(interstate fraud is illegal..especially since my
female is valued at $600), Kingsnake.com, your local
sherriff, as well as my lawyer if I do not get word by
the end of the day. I will spend $10k just to make
sure I feel I have been justified, if I need to.
I have a clean conscience and it is a good thing to
have. I would advise you to do what is right so you
can feel the same.

-John Bortel

Now...Casey, I am asking you to be a man, come to this board and tell the fauna community that you will make this right. If you don't , everyone can make their own assumptions. I am sure you will try to slam me somehow like you did another poster, but believe me..I have my ducks in a row. Paypal me $500 for the female or send her back to me PLEASE.

Old 10-05-2006, 02:37 PM   #2
Serafim
Hey shytown I have alot of info on casey as he ripped me off as well.. You can contact me at lucius25@msn.com I will help you anyway I can.. The DHL thing he has no account for reptiles and they are aware of all of this and are taking action.. I have all of his information right down to phone# apt community and more..

Old 10-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #3
Lauren Summey
WOW, I am SO sorry to hear about what happend! I hope that this will all get worked out for you and that you'll be able to get your pastelback/or money refunded... Thank you for the warning!!

Old 10-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #4
Lynn
WOW..I can not beleive that..I am sorry that this happened to you...I hope you nail his ( you know what to the wall)...Good luck and PLease keep us posted...Got some friends in Oklahoma.. Maybe they should pay him a visit...

Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #5
shytownjb
Thanks for the kind words. I am not counting on it. I have learned a REAL valuable lesson at the least. I have been doing business for more than a year buying and selling reptiles and this time I let my guard down. Usually if I can talk to people on the phone I feel better. In this case it didn't help. I figure if I can save others from getting screwed by him, I can at least feel a bit better about the situation.

BTW...Casey, if you are reading this..there is still a chance. You make it right. You do and I will post on this board and tell them you did

Old 10-05-2006, 02:53 PM   #6
critical bill
Holy Shale Batman!!!

This was an old trick used outside of electronic stores back in the 80's. You'd have a guy outside in a van who would stop you when you were going into the electronic store and tell you he had a few "hot" vcr's for sale that fell off the truck. You'd pay and pick up the box and it felt like a vcr was in it.....until you opened it up and found.....a rock. You'd return and find no van, no money man, and whole bunch of electronic store employees giggling their asses off at you while you spun in circles outside the store trying to spot the bastard.

I cant believe this old trick was applied on-line 20 years later.

Time to get hardcore with this guy my friend. Paint his name on the rock with R.I.P above it and email him the photo back. Let him know it may need to be retouched after you bludgeon him to death with it.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:18 PM   #7
DavidBeard
Wow...just when I thought I'd seen everything. I hope you get some retribution for your loss....thats rediculous!

Old 10-05-2006, 03:20 PM   #8
The BoidSmith
John,

I really admire your sense of humor in this situation. Did he ever show you a picture of the female he was going to send you? I bet he didn't even have a female ball when he offered you the trade. Casey, why don't you at least post a picture of the snake you said you sent?

Old 10-05-2006, 03:51 PM   #9
Rebel Dragons
A couple of years ago I was in a deal for some dragons with someone and I ended up with a nice rock as well. I do have to admit though, your rock is a lot nicer than the one I received.

Good luck getting your pastel back.

Old 10-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #10
Mister Internet
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=86899

His cheerleader should be along soon enough to deflect attention from him.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
casey ritch