Help Needed: Cooling Tanks Using PC Fans - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-15-2011, 02:00 AM   #1
Iggy189
Help Needed: Cooling Tanks Using PC Fans

I've been looking for a way to cool my tanks all the cages are going to be housing dragons. The cages will be kept outside under my carport and don't get direct sunlight but will regardless will get too hot since I live in FL. I'm currently thinking of adding pc fans to help solve that. So far I found fans for $4.99 each w/free shipping. I know I need an ac adapter, but im not sure what or where to buy it. I have lots of ac adapters I don't use so since there laying around I was considering using those. To control the fans im thinking of getting a fan controller.

I'm going to put fans in five tanks. Three of them are Visionarium Model 332 and the other two are smaller tanks like the white ones a seller on here sells for bearded dragons. I'll try to post a pic or a link to one later. My other question is if maybe I will need to use more powerful fans or maybe even two fans in the vision cages. Could anyone offer some input and suggestions? I'm trying to figure out what works best.

Fan Speed Controller
http://cgi.ebay.com/5-25-LCD-Panel-C...item230d9a263d

Fan
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...2455&CatId=493

Old 08-15-2011, 04:30 PM   #2
Iggy189
Anyone?

Old 08-16-2011, 10:00 PM   #3
Iggy189
Bump...

Old 08-16-2011, 10:55 PM   #4
Cache Reptiles
Thermostats

Try hooking up a thermostat to your fan. I've never seen them used with fans, but I'm guessing that it would work just as it does with heat lamps/heat tape.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!