Database problems - 10/07/2010 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:04 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Database problems - 10/07/2010

Today pretty much sucked. Getting more database errors and for a while the site was completely dead. Rebooting the server took about two and a half hours to recover from. And I don't have any warm fuzzy feeling at all that the cause of the problems have been fixed at all.

If I get even a hint of database problems showing up, I'm going to lock this site to keep people from getting frustrated when a backup file has to be reloaded again and losing everying from the past 24 hours. The site will just have to stay closed until the server management people can FIX this problem instead of just putting a temporary patch over the symptoms.

Old 10-07-2010, 03:54 PM   #2
WebSlave
I just got finished running an internal repair and optimize routine on the database on recommendation from my server admin people. Hopefully this will help, but I will still close down the site at the hint of any further database problems. When that happens you should see a notice displayed about what is going on when you try to visit the site.

Old 10-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #3
Alex G
Good luck getting this sorted out!

Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 PM   #4
Southern Wolf
I just got another database error... it was down for about 5 mins this time before coming back. I was in my PM's when it happend.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #5
WebSlave
Yeah, I'm sure we aren't out of the woods yet. As far as I know, the server guys never really found a smoking gun for the failures, so more are likely. Therefore I asked them to set it up so backups of the database are being done hourly. This may slow things down when the backups are taking place, but at least nothing more than an hour old when a failure takes place is likely to get lost.

Old 10-07-2010, 09:54 PM   #6
Southern Wolf
thanks Rich on the hourly. When it went down this last time.. I thought we were gonna have to out someone all over again.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:55 AM   #7
bakew13
I Just got a bunch of data base errors before the site would finally load. If your already aware it is still happening then I apoligize.

Old 11-15-2010, 02:56 AM   #8
SERPENTS DEN
I just received this Database error in the BHB bad guy thread clicking on page 13 from page 12. http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...211323&page=13

Maybe I copied the wrong url but it was like the previous problems.

Old 12-04-2010, 04:25 PM   #9
Utta
i received some database problems after clicking on "Mythical Dragonz" "ads" button. (dont have a screen shot as it happened last night and forgot to get some)

Old 12-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #10
WebSlave
Yeah, I got a couple myself over the last several days. Appears to be random, as it was never the same place, time, nor function twice.

When I see a slow spell with a low number of members logged on, I'll try to remember to run some cleanup routines on the database. I'm still doing nightly backups, though, just in case.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!