Malware/Privacy Intrusion Virus in P.M.'s?!?! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:16 PM   #11
Tere Salazar
Ah! I thought it was just me. I've got Norton's and for about 2 weeks now, if I click to view a thread (and it seems to be random threads), I get a little notice from Norton's. I can pull up the information and it actually gives an IP address and website of where the "attack" is coming from, but I can't figure out how to cut and paste that information here. If someone familiar with Norton can give a dummies version of what to do, I'll be happy to share.

Old 12-19-2011, 05:26 PM   #12
AbsoluteApril
I've gotten this once or twice as well (the pop up that says an IP was blocked), I'll screen shot it next time

Old 12-19-2011, 05:28 PM   #13
snowgyre
In case anybody wants a completely free and 100% effective way of blocking malicious scripts in websites, you want to download the NoScript add on for Firefox. It takes a while to configure, but by default it blocks ALL scripts. You can permanently enable certain scripts and permanently block others... it's completely at your discretion. I've been using NoScript exclusively for four years on three separate computers and have not been infected with a single virus during that time, and trust me, I do a lot of surfing and have definitely clicked bad things. I stopped using antivirus software when they became ridiculously bloated and expensive. I'd rather use my hardware for gaming than checking constantly for ITDs (internet transmitted diseases).

For example, here's a list of all active scripts on this Fauna thread that NoScript allows me to block or accept:
google-analytics.com (enabled)
faunaads.com (disabled)
sitemeter.com (disabled)
googlesyndication.com (enabled)
doubleclick.net (disabled)
rfihub.net (disabled)
interclick.com (enabled)
faunaclassifieds.com (enabled)

Perhaps the virus is originating from one of these disabled scripts?

Old 12-19-2011, 05:45 PM   #14
Tere Salazar
Here's the one from this morning. Thanks for the screenshot instructions, hubby! I can get the others, too, that are from different IPs and websites, if needed.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Doc2.pdf (137.7 KB, 137 views)

Old 12-19-2011, 05:48 PM   #15
JColt
Thought it was a coincidence but I got hit last week on here also at work. If it pops up do not x out or close. Restart pc. If it infects use combofix to repair. http://combofix.org/

Old 12-19-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
JColt
Also it was a winxp machine with explorer8. I have fixed about 8 machines with this fake antivirus and all were either xp or vista and explorer 8

Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
scarnicom
I have seen that one before Tere. It just sucks for the unprotected user..."Give us your money or we'll never leave"... in a nutshell.lol

Old 12-19-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
Tere Salazar
And another.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Doc3.pdf (138.0 KB, 101 views)

Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 PM   #19
Tere Salazar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tere Salazar View Post
And another.
There was one that came up several times with the same website and IP but I haven't found it yet.

Old 12-19-2011, 06:10 PM   #20
JColt
On my work pc it came up as XPAntivirus 2012 Again just so people know, Combofix will get rid of it

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!