Heavy parasite load found in ball python from Ed Clark - Page 17 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:19 PM   #161
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
My friends bring their cameras to have their pictures taken with Ed's balls.
You have some weird friends...
I'm glad that someone said it! God knows I thought it!

Old 09-18-2007, 10:29 PM   #162
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucestephenson
My friends bring their cameras to have their pictures taken with Ed's balls.

You have some weird friends...

I'm glad that someone said it! God knows I thought it!

I just left it alone. I couldn't see any good coming from any comment I would make about mr. clarks balls and why brucie and his friends were taking pictures of them.

I mean, can you imagine the sheer poundage of fat sweaty guys huddled around, jostling for position, waiting their turn.......

See, I have to go wash my eyes with ajax now.

Thanks Jay.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:34 PM   #163
Serafim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilomn
Quote:

I mean, can you imagine the sheer poundage of fat sweaty guys huddled around, jostling for position, waiting their turn.......

See, I have to go wash my eyes with ajax now.

Thanks Jay.
That is a disturbing mental picture LOL.. But you forgot to add the fact that they are all dressed up as Jedi Masters....

Old 09-18-2007, 10:36 PM   #164
Dr Owens
Quote:
Originally Posted by cookreptiles
Sorry i wasn't clear. What i was getting at was if Ed says he always gets negative results and some of those were due to false negative results then sure, he might think his snakes are clean. But the likelihood of getting false negative results on snakes with 3 different types of parasites seems rather unlikely. That was my only point.
For clarity's sake, I didn't make that statement about false-negatives in an effort to offer Ed some sort of defense. It was merely a general statement about fecal testing for ova and parasites.

As for your above statement, I think that it would be very unlikely for a snake harboring three different organisms to have a false-negative test for all three. The odds are simply against it. Quite frankly, false-negatives aren't all that common anyway...please don't misconstrue my previous statments in such a manner as to think that you need to test every animal multiple times or anything. I will requote that statement here with emphasis added:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Owens
This is why testing should be repeated multple times, and/or by different means of testing (fecal float vs. fecal smear, etc.) if there is a strong clinical suspicion of parasitic infection.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:40 PM   #165
Chameleon Company
I believe that the chips have already fallen where they may ..

Quote:
Jim, if you had sold me an animal that was supposed to be captive bred and born and it came to my attention later that the animal may not actually be and you then could not or would not respond to my questioning it Jim, if you had sold me an animal that was supposed to be captive bred and born and it came to my attention later that the animal may not actually be and you then could not or would not respond to my questioning it I think it would not be a terrible thing for me to make a public post about it. After 10 months I certainly do not expect any compensation as has already been stated, but I do think that lying and bad business practices are worthy of making public. After 10 months I certainly do not expect any compensation as has already been stated, but I do think that lying and bad business practices are worthy of making public.
Emily. I am posting to enjoy a good debate, and hopefully not to impugn you too harshly. With that said, I highlighted in bold what I thought was the key word in your argument directed as a response to my spin, that being the word "may". "May" also implies "may not", and while others have alluded to that possibility, I believe you have not. The animals could very well have been CBB AND infected btw, as nothing you have presented eliminates that the animals were accurately represented as to origin. It has been pointed out here by many how these parasites have shown up elsewhere in otherwise stellar collections, and yet you want to continue on this point:
Quote:
... if you had sold me an animal that was supposed to be captive bred and born and it came to my attention later that the animal may not actually be ...
I and others here know that parasites do not eliminate an animal from CBB origins .... hardly. As for all the other things Ed seems guilty of here; poor response time if at all, failure to cooperate with a paying customer (I have less standing for non-paying ones), and various other "bad business practices", I have no dispute. But I also think that when you characterize your actions here as "not a terrible thing for me to make a public post about it", you are also understating the thrust of your thread starter, as the main issue you have highlighted is the parasites from Ed, not all the other valid issues combined, IMMHO. Ed is certainly not without obligations on the parasite issue, and will be evaluated on how he responds, to include a choice to not respond adequately in the eyes of many if he continues that path. On the timeliness issue, I stand with Kelly and Randy and others. Call it the dilemma of having to prove a negative, which is the position that a complaint 10-months-late puts a seller in, but buyers have clear obligatons in transactions too, and as a buyer, you made choices that came up short to me. The question of whether or not you want compensation is not the issue, and is not a concession that otherwise validates your assertion that the animals had parasites from Ed. The parasites may have absolutely come from Ed. My issue is a sense of fair-play, and an honoring of TOS by both seller and buyer, and any other implied purchases. Accountability involving parasites diminishes with time removed from possession. What I see are two people, both ends of a 10 month old transaction, who fell short in their ongoing obligations to the deal, and have yet to address it in a way that wins me over to either side. Hypotheticals do not work well for me btw, as they only seem to only broaden and gunk-up arguements, rather than better define and restrict them.

I am glad that you caught all before an animal succumbed, and that all conditions are treatable. I am not shedding any tears over Ed.

Old 09-18-2007, 10:43 PM   #166
ExoticsExpress
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
That is a disturbing mental picture LOL.. But you forgot to add the fact that they are all dressed up as Jedi Masters....
haha! Yea was weird enough without remembering the intense jedi fetish!

Anthony Allis
ExoticsExpress@aol.com

Old 09-18-2007, 11:41 PM   #167
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serafim
I believe that I have located an image of the Bruce, Bud, and Ed...

Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #168
jsrocket
Taking pics, and good video is not weird, it's one of the BEST ways to document what actually happened. As opposed to a poorly written description.

Old 09-18-2007, 11:48 PM   #169
Wilomn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
I believe that I have located an image of the Bruce, Bud, and Ed...

The paunchy one on the left is brucie. Isn't it? That one has the most squirrel boob anyway.

Squirrel boobs.

Nope, I'll just leave it alone. Alone I say, walk away I must, go, away......

Damn you JimO, I cannu take much more, she's starting to break up....

Old 09-18-2007, 11:56 PM   #170
jsrocket
Ha ha, it's joke time. Problem is, nobody has any sense of humor.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!