Brown nose? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #1
geckogrl6
Brown nose?

OK, this is my first ball, so this might seem like a silly question.....She just shed, and Had some problems there, I guess I did not keep the humidity high enough, so I ended up soaking her and peeling by hand. I am noticing today that the very tip of her nose, middle two scales on the upper lip, between the nostrils, are brown. I honestly don't recall if they were before. I think so, but I'm afraid I may have missed that scale or two in peeling her off. Are those suppossed to be brown?

Old 09-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
could have missed some of the shed. i wouldnt worry so long as they are not her eyecaps. Just make sure the next shed goes well.

Soaking when she turns "blue" every day/every other day will usually help with having good sheds.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:02 PM   #3
geckogrl6
Thank you! Her eyes are fine, I definately got those. I was misting her every day from when her eyes went blue until the shed was just super dry and she was rubbing it off in just little pieces, that's when I just soaked her real good and took it all off myself. Took an hour or so, but I know she's much more comfortable now. I will soak rather than mist next time, she seems to enjoy it a lot.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!