Gilbert Thompson - Very UNPROFESSIONAL - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-25-2003, 05:07 PM   #1
Boavoyage
Thumbs down Gilbert Thompson - Very UNPROFESSIONAL

Two or three weeks ago, I posted a 2001 female 100% het Albino for sale. Mr. Thompson contacted me and asking for information. I provided all information to him, but didn't hear from him after the respond.
Just this Monday, I re-posted her after two deals felt through. Mr. Thompson contacted me again on Tuesday, asked if I still remember him, since he had contacted me in the past regarding the same boa. Of course I do. He then asking some questions, along with my phone number so that he can discuss with me. I responded to his questions, and provided my phone number on same day. Then there's no communication, until this morning I heard from him again, and these are exchanged emails
Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: "Boa Voyage" <boavoyage@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: Message about: 2001 FEMALE 100% HET ALBINO BOA
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 01:50:45 -0500

Hey John,
Don't give up on me I have the cash. I have just been sooooo busy. I will call you tomorrow to firm up the deal on her and get the money your way. Thanks very much for your patience.
Gilbert Thompson
Bremond, Texas
To: "Gilbert Thompson" <grthompson@ev1.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 10:12 AM

Gilbert,I may have a buyer local. We made arrangement to meet tomorrow, Friday. I will keep you informed on her status. Thanks.
John
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 12:54:33 -0500

What are you doing???? You said I could take her. Just forget it!! I deal with people that keep their word only. Don't bother contacting me if he/she does not take her.Thanks,Gilbert
To: "Gilbert Thompson" <grthompson@ev1.net>
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2003 1:33 PM

Gilbert,
Could you show me my email I said that you could have her???? I would love to see it.
John
-----------------------------------------------
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2003 14:02:04 –0500

I will not waste anymore time with this as I have enought to do already. You know what was said done and I will leave it at that. I should have known a typical slant eyed, mongaloid move.
I don't know what's up with the name calling thing, but we all know that "You snooze, you loose". Also, we know better what we makes out of ASSUME. All I can say is SELLER BEWARE!!!

Old 09-25-2003, 05:28 PM   #2
kim felts
oh wow..that is TOTALLY NOT COOL..
gilbert..im rather amazed. shocked is more like it.
geez-us.. you have to be kidding.
whats going on with people is it a full moon or something??

Old 09-25-2003, 05:40 PM   #3
Rob @ RK Reptiles
John,

You are right. You snooze you lose. Nothing is done until payment is made or agreed upon and it does not sound like you made any deal or arrangement on the animal. I would like to see the e-mails prior to those just to have all the information.

Gilbert,

What is up with that kind of behavior? I thought you had changed acting like a child and name calling? It looks like you might have only changed on he BOI in public. You owe John a giant apology and had no right to make those kind of comments to him EVER! . I can understand being upset that you could not get an animal but acting like a spoiled child about it gets you no where but back in the limelight on the BOI.

Old 09-25-2003, 05:45 PM   #4
ms_terese
Unhappy

Thanks for showing us Gilbert's true colors, John. It's terribly sad that such ignorance is still so prevalent. I hope someone has made Gilbert aware of this thread. It will be interesting to see if or how he justifies his comments.

....and some people thought George Bush made Texas look bad....

Old 09-25-2003, 06:30 PM   #5
Suncoast Herpetological
Gee...I (and I am sure a lot of other members here) am shocked and appalled! Gilbert has acted with less than consumate professionalism!

I hope I managed to actually get the sarcasm to drip there...I was trying my best.

The link below will take you to a thread that allowed us all to first see the many faces of Gilbert.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...lbert+Thompson

Old 09-25-2003, 06:40 PM   #6
Jeff Linkchorst
If ya feel like some reading. Here is a link I remember most about Mr. Thompson
Gilbert Thompson

Old 09-25-2003, 06:42 PM   #7
Jeff Linkchorst
Opps i see John beat me to it... sorry for the same link.

Old 09-25-2003, 06:51 PM   #8
Wilomn
You know gilbert, if John was not a man perfectly capable of taking care of himself and was instead a woman(and no slight intended to your gender here ladies, I'm just sort of old fashioned sometimes) I'd bitchslap your dumbass mouth so hard you'd see stars until next tuesday.

So much for born again. How typical.

And for the record, I am getting that female boa from John, she's sweet and I got a great deal on her.

You, pathetic peon that you are, LOSE!!!!

I'll post pictures of her babies next year and you are MOST ASSUREDLY on my DO NOT sell to list.

Wes Pollock

Old 09-25-2003, 07:48 PM   #9
gila7150
Quote:
I deal with people that keep their word only.
That's pretty funny....especially considering all the "done deals" that Gilbert has backed out of. He did it to me last year with a pair of gaigeae and he's done it to several others as shown in his other thread.

He owes you a big apology for his racist remarks and for just being an ass in general.

Old 09-25-2003, 07:56 PM   #10
Gilbert Thompson
WOW!!! The welcomeing committe! Yes, I said that racisit comment to John. At the time, I was upset and meant every word of it. I contacted John in regards to this boa the first time. He informed me of it having a rep. infection. That caused me to be leary so I waited on talked to a few friends. After talking with a few friends I was informed it was more than likely not a big deal. I saw the boa posted again so I responded. He told me that he had to check with a guy in regards to it still being available. John did and emailed me and said it was availbale. I told him that was great and to send me his contact info. I then turned around maybe a day or two later (I will have to check.) and he tells me he may have a local sell. I thought this was wrong because I felt if he checked with another guy why not check with me, right??
I then sent him an email stating that I was no longer interested no matter what. He then sends me an email stating I would sure like to see this promise I made. I then lashed out and was a jerk.
I will go back and hopefully I didn't delete the emails from him.
Gilbert Thompson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!