Has anyone dealt with Cameron or Ashley Glucheff - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #1
Scooter J
Has anyone dealt with Cameron or Ashley Glucheff

I was selling a DH Ghost on reptibid, I know, I know, I should have spent the extra money and sold it on a reliable site. But anyway, apparently the buyer was only 15, and purchased him without the knowledge of his parents. The buyer had me ship the snake to a friends address, who I am assuming is old enough, but upon arrival I called the friend and recieved confirmation that the snake arrived and was fine. That was Tuesday, April 20th. I know the snake was free of any health problems and now today, I recieved the following email from the mother requesting the money back. I am refusing her, and I think this is some sort of scam being conducted by them. Has anyone heard of these people. thanks for your help.

Sincerely, and Honestly,
Scott J. Cotey

Mr Cotey,
My name is Ashley Gluhcheff. My son Cameron bought a snake from you online
and mailed you a money order for $350.00. When Cameron took posession of the
snake it was dead. I had him take pictures of the snake so you can see that
it is dead. He will email them to you tonight. Cameron is 15 years old and
cannot legally enter a contract to make purchases of this sort. He purchased
this snake without my permission or knowledge. I expect you to return his
money. You can mail it directly to me at :
Ashley Gluhcheff
16775 Joshua Rd
Apple Valley CA 92307
If you have any questions you can reach me at 760-221-8520 or on my home
phone 760-247-9505. You have 7 days to return his money.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #2
Scooter J
One other Point of Interest

They had purchased the Dh Ghost under the business name of Coast to Coast reptiles. I had previously requested information on them from this board, but no one replied. Thank you,

Scott J. Cotey

Old 04-25-2004, 11:27 AM   #3
dself40
Scott,

If my memory severs me wright there was another deal like this a while back I cant remeber who it was I will look and see and I am sure one of the other mebers will remeber it.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:44 AM   #4
The BoidSmith
I don't know how good this will be.

Quote:
User Agreement between you and Reptile Auction
The following is the user agreement as presented by Reptile Auction . you must agree to these terms before you will be able to sell items, or bid on them. if you do not accept these terms, please, do not use our services. once you click the i accept button below, you agree to these said terms of the user agreement below.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Article 1. Eligibility of membership - This auction site is only available to people who are legally able to form binding contracts with you and the seller/buyer of an auction item. People who are of under age of 18 are not eligible for membership due to security precautions that can result as of those members. If you do not meet these requirements, you are not eligible to use these auction services.
Scott,

In order to use Reptibid you have to be 18 years of age. Cameron signed for an account with the site stating he was at least 18 years old. He obviously violated the terms of the agreement. Will that help your case? I don't know.

The boa was healthy and died in 5 days? You have to try hard to kill a boa in just five days!

Regards.

Old 04-25-2004, 11:50 AM   #5
Scooter J
Defense???

Regardless of my defense, I have saved every email having sent and recieved with regard to this transaction. The so called boy, Cameron, requested that I ship the boa to Anthony Vasquez and I just called Anthony and left him a message, that he better get his story straight, because I have his confirmed voice message indicating that the snake was fine and doing great. What happened from Tuesday to Sunday, is anyone's guess, but I don't think that I am responsible, unless this snake was diseased which it wasn't. Everything about this animal was healthy, so I rest my case. I truly believe these people are trying to pull a scam.

Sincerely,

Scott J. Cotey

Old 04-25-2004, 12:00 PM   #6
The BoidSmith
Quote:
I truly believe these people are trying to pull a scam.
Scott,

It is possible. But in my opinion the real problem here is not with the health status of the boa, but with the fact that you sold an animal to a minor. What I'm saying is that you assumed he was at least 18 because that's what Reptibid has in their user agreement. The point I'm making is that Cameron did not tell the truth when he signed for an account with Reptibid. Again, will that help you? I don't know. Again, this is not about the boa dying in 5 days, or them wanting to pull a fast one on you. It is about you selling a boa to a person that cannot go into a legally binding contract because he is a minor.

Regards.

Old 04-25-2004, 12:13 PM   #7
Scooter J
Actual Sale

The actual sale took place as a result of my posting on reptibid. No one purchased the snake at the reserve price. Then, I recieved an email from Coast to Coast reptiles, from Cameron and Bruce. Two people that said they wanted to purchase him. I entered into the agreement, with both, I recieve MO's from both, they split the costs, and I sent the snake to the indicated address of one Anthony Vasquez. Upon arrival, I confirmed the snake was alive and doing fine, so I am not going to deal with this anymore. I am not a business, I am a private owner, and entered into this agreement in good faith. The fact that he was under 18 should not come into play. Therefore, I am finished discussing this case, I only posted it to find out if anyone had run into these people. thanks,

Scott J. Cotey

Old 04-25-2004, 12:38 PM   #8
JJFOUTZ
I would think that them approching you as Cost to Cost Reptiles would be considered a business transaction. They did not approch you as two 15 year olds wanting a boa. They approched you as an established business. Did thier age come up in any communications you had with them before you shipped?

Old 04-25-2004, 12:44 PM   #9
Scooter J
Just represented as Coast to Coast

The only correspondence was through email, and they represented themselves as Bruce and Cameron from Coast to Coast reptiles. I actually tried to get feedback on them from this site, but, based on the emails, I assumed it was an adult. My big concern is that the snake arrived at the shipment destination, Anthony Vasquez's address, and I received verbal confirmation that everything was fine. What happened between Tuesday to Sunday, I have no control over, or will I believe at this point. Thanks,

As I mentioned, I am dealing with my lawyer on this, as I am not a business but a private owner of boas, and I only posted on this site to find out if anyone has dealt with or heard of Coast to Coast or Ashley or Cameron Glucheff. I did not post to get everyones opinion on who is right or wrong. Thank you.

Scott J. Cotey

Old 04-25-2004, 01:21 PM   #10
The BoidSmith
Scott,

Quote:
I entered into the agreement, with both, I recieve MO's from both, they split the costs, and I sent the snake to the indicated address of one Anthony Vasquez.
They are more than likely not an established business but a couple of teenagers. If the MO was signed by Cameron then you sold a snake to a minor. Granted you didn't know about it and are only aware now because of his mother.

Quote:
Upon arrival, I confirmed the snake was alive and doing fine, so I am not going to deal with this anymore.
Regrettably, and in this instance, it is not you who is going to determine that.

Quote:
I am not a business, I am a private owner, and entered into this agreement in good faith.
It could have happened to anyone, but it's the way it is.

Quote:
The fact that he was under 18 should not come into play.
But it does. Just as an example, if a liquor store sells alcohol to a minor they will be fined. They can also loose their license. They can't claim they didn't know about their age. It is their responsibility to find out. If in doubt they need check to check IDs. Check Mark Lucas' ads on KS, he always states that before selling a reptile he has the right to request proof of age. Why do you think that is?

It is not the first time we have heard of this happening to someone and it's probably not going to be the last. Sorry it happened to you.

Best regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!