me again i got a pic and a question - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-15-2005, 01:02 AM   #1
reptiler13
me again i got a pic and a question

meal worms good or bad? what about superworms. the only reason i ask about the mealworms is that i read in a care sheet that you should not feed them mealworms thanks everybody for your help
Attached Images

Old 07-15-2005, 01:03 AM   #2
reptiler13
bath time for blitz he stood up on his hind legs hard to tell in this pic but it was so funny

Old 07-15-2005, 02:19 AM   #3
Matt Haines
Mealworms are fine. Though you probably shouldn't feed them mealies everyday they do not cause any adverse affects to your dragon's health. Just make sure that the size corresponds and that you are not giving large mealies to a little dragon.

Old 07-15-2005, 04:03 PM   #4
Rebel Dragons
Yes, mealies are fine as long as they are not fed too much and size appropriate. I would avoid feeding supers until your dragon is nice and big.

Old 07-15-2005, 05:51 PM   #5
reptiler13
thanks that is good to know, i am sure the little pig will be happy to hear that he has even more things he can eat.

Old 07-23-2005, 10:58 AM   #6
CheriS
Mealworms have caused impactions in very young dragons, around a few weeks old to 3 months old, so we do not suggest them for babies. Mealworms are okay if they are not real small dragons and eating a lot of them. Due to their meat to chitin (shelling) ratio, they are not as good as superworms. But you do not want to give supers to a small dragon either. Other insects you can feed them are silkworms, hornworms, tomatoe worms, crickets, grasshoppers and roaches.

Silkworms are good for any age dragon and you can raise them very inexpesively from eggs that are pretty cheap to buy. The only cost after that is the silkworm chow. The eggs refrigerate and you only take out and hatch the ones will need each week. I have about 2500 in various ages and stages of growth.

Old 07-26-2005, 12:41 AM   #7
Liza714
HEY!

I have a Beardie named Blitz too. She is about a year old but not sure as she is a rescue. I dont really give mealies ever as they are neither particularly nutritious or digestible especially in babies (as CheriS said). Silks are really good for them and bonus! they dont smell as bad as crix. They are more money but the beardies eat less of them so its basically a wash.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!