Sad songs................ - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-03-2006, 05:29 AM   #1
ZX11
Sad songs................

What songs strike you as being sad? Tell us the name, artist, and why.

1986, April. One night, late, my youngest brother, Mark, and I had some of our friends over and we were all sitting in the backyard around a fire, doing as teenagers do. As night gave way to early morning and we had quieted, there was a loud crash on the highway in front of our house.
Everyone rushed to see what happened and there was a Dautsun 280Z crammed under the back of a dump truck.
I went to the car and some one else went to the truck.
In the car, through the mangled metal, broken glass, and through the steam,
I saw the back of a female's head, face down in the corner between the steering wheel and the door. She was gurgling, trying to breathe and twitching. I am yelling at her, trying to get some response. Nothing.
The truck driver was gone.
Then, we noticed the truck's lights were not on. The police were being summoned during all this.
Blood pouring from the young girl and no response. I reached through the broken glass of the other door to get her purse and some ID. Immediately, I knew who she is. Her uncle and I are good friends. I am calling her name, but still nothing.

She survived after months in a coma and it took her years to learn to walk again. The truck driver stole the truck and was trying to smuggle the truck out of the county by driving with all lights off. The girl never saw it. Est. speed of 55-60mph.

The cops and ambulance came and did their thing.

Upon going home, Mark, Stewart, and another friend, Michael, and I went inside. I could not get this out of my mind and then, a hauntingly sad song came on.

"Live To Tell", by Madonna. It was the first time I heard that song.

The following week,and two miles north of the crash site, Stewart went with me to take my oldest brother home. We stopped for gas and while we were there, Mark and Michael pulled into the gas station. They were going the opposite direction and wanted Stewart to go with them. He got into the car, and Allen, my oldest brother was pumping gas and I was watching them wait for oncoming traffic so they could exit the station.

While they were sitting there, a drunk driver slammed into them at over 70mph, broadsiding the little car they were in. Both cars spun so fast and for what seemed like forever, glass rained for seemed days. The car Mark was driving stayed right side up, the Caprice, started flipping, ending up on its roof about 1/4 mile past Mark's car.

Mark was dead on impact, Stewart, sitting behind Mark, spent four months in a coma. Michael, though unhurt, looked like a deer in headlights.
Of course the DUI driver, not a scratch.

This was the second time I heard that song. It was playing in the hospital lobby.

Old 06-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #2
mmfrankford
I can't think who the artist is, but to me one of the most depressing songs is "Dust in the Wind".

Old 06-05-2006, 12:17 PM   #3
ZenReptiles
Sarah McLaughlin "I love you". Everytime I hear that song, I bawl like a baby. When I was just entering my senior year of high school, my best friend shot herself. That was her favorite song....

Old 06-05-2006, 04:07 PM   #4
ZX11
[quote=mmfrankford]I can't think who the artist is, but to me one of the most depressing songs is "Dust in the Wind".[/QUOT

That was done by Kansas on the "Point of No Return" Album.

Dust in the Wind is actually a very good song, the second most popular they did. A really sad song is on that album. It is called "Paradox{He Knew}". It is about a genius in the township, but people thought him crazy and no one would have anything to do with him. Then, he dies all alone, his predictions of the future written on paper. People found found these and saw that what the guy wrote about actually did come true. They wanted to know more, but it was too late.

Old 06-05-2006, 04:08 PM   #5
ZX11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenReptiles
Sarah McLaughlin "I love you". Everytime I hear that song, I bawl like a baby. When I was just entering my senior year of high school, my best friend shot herself. That was her favorite song....
A depressing song, indeed. Sorry for your loss.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!