Has any one done bussiness w/ Bob Sloan - Del Rio,Tx. - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:07 PM   #31
Keith Northrop
Talking Thank You....Hopefully your deal

.....was Kosher? He's known to post Threatened and Endangered specie....
Stop that bird in Flight....HaHa......Haha...

Old 07-11-2007, 04:08 PM   #32
kmurphy
Quote:
Because of those reasons you now don't want the snake?
I don't agree Scott. I believe the other Bob Sloan thread may have something to do with the reason Jim doesn't want to deal with him.
What I don't get is, if there is a $50 money order in the box doesn't that should cover most of the shipping both ways. I agree somewhat with Seamus. Just return the snake and consider your "out of pocket" as the penalty for not doing you BOI homework.

Old 07-11-2007, 04:23 PM   #33
Suncoast Herpetological
Let me preface this by saying that Jim and i have been friends for a number of years. We discussed this stuation briefly by phone earlier today.

There are a few factors that I think are important. I tend to agree that the terms Jim has outlined are severe. The deal was well under way and needs to be completed in some manner. I do agree with him that after the abuse and threats Sloan has spewed, i would not want to deal with him further either. However, completing the deal also has it's problems at this point. Sloan is obviously an unstable wackjob. There is no way of knowing what will happen if either his animal or the two bullsnakes are sent to him. He could easily scream DOA or any one of several other claims. The best way to end this is to end it completely

Jim, my suggestion is that you receive the animal, make sure it is feeding and in good shape per the Trade Terms on your website. Once you are satisfied, send this loser a check for whatever the trade value was on the animals and call it quits. Sending him your half of the trade at this point means that he can bitch about your animals as long as he owns them. It gives you an ongoing relationship and that is one thing that you do not want with a crazy like this.

You will have the animal, he will have whatever value you both assigned to the animal and you can put this one to rest

Old 07-11-2007, 05:19 PM   #34
Amspoet67
My suggestion is for Jim to send the snake back to Sloan at Jim's expense, the fifty Sloan put in the box was used to pay for the shipping to Jim. So, both parties are out shipping and Sloan has his snake back, that should be the end of it.

Anna

Old 07-11-2007, 05:47 PM   #35
Keith Northrop
Wait....More than Likely....

There isn't a $50 MO in the Box??? Which ....COD alone sent up the Red flag.......What form of Shipping?

Old 07-11-2007, 05:59 PM   #36
homegrownherps
Here's some new info to add to this.

The snake did arrive and I accepted the delivery, just because I don't want to see any snake die.

Here is the email I got from Bob about this trade, I am posting in its entirety as well as the photos that were attached. The first two pics are of snakes that I was not interested in so they have nothing to do with the trade.
(the pics have not been altered in away except that I resized them for this post.)

Quote:
Jim

Sorry for the dealy in getting back to you, but I'm still trying to learn to use
this new camera. I also could not send pics from my new e-mail addy @ peoplepc !
Don't know why exactly. Anyway here are the pics - I hope - of the milk thayeri
and the young female greeri. The female thayeri is on the right in the pics.
She really looks more like a scarlet king than a thayeri. I listed what I'd
like in trade and we can just pay our own shipping each way.

1.0 speck patternless bull # TWIN1
1.0 speck patternless bull # TWIN2
0.1 het speck/patrnls bull # BS065-07
0.1 het speck/patrnls bull # BS122-07

Let me know if the trade is a go and I can ship out to you on Monday via Fedex
overnight. Thank you very much for your time and consideration.

Bob

PS you can reply to my new addy AlternaRanch@peoplepc.com

And now here is a pic of the snake that was sent to me;

And so it seems that he was trying to pull a fast one after all.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:08 PM   #37
homegrownherps
BTW The money was in the box, cash not a money order. And I used it to pay for the delivery which was $53.00

So NOW if he wants this snake back, it will be his responsability to send me the money to ship it back. And for those of you that think I am the thief, I wont even charge him the feed/maintenance charge if taken care of with a reasonable amount of time.

I should have waited and check the snake before coming here, but whats done is done. My original post was asking everyone for some input and got none anyway.

And, I see no need now to post all of the emails between myself and Bob. But if some really wants to see them, drop me an email and I well gladly shoot them over.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:25 PM   #38
Amspoet67
Talking

In light of this new development I gladly revoke my suggestion.

Anna

Old 07-11-2007, 06:26 PM   #39
jsrocket
Well, looking at the info. posted, the snake was definitely misrepresented, which pretty much trumps all the "he said, she said" issues. Jim should not have to pay for a misrepresented snake.

If Bob wants his snake back, he should pay shipping costs. If not, too bad, so sad.

Old 07-11-2007, 06:33 PM   #40
homegrownherps
And here is my final email to Bob, if he refuses to handle this in a civil manner I will not deal w/ him. If he sends me another email with death threats...I WILL NOT RESPOND TO HIM AT ALL.

Quote:
Bob,

After close inspection of the snake after delivery , it turns out the snake you sent is not the same snake we agreed upon.
The snake you sent does not match the snake in the photo you provided.
There for, this deal is null and void.

I will give you 10 days in which to send me $50.00 to have this snake shipped back to you.
I used the money you sent to pay for the delivery cost ($53.17) when it arrived here.
I will let the $3.17 slide.

Thank You
Jim Keenan
Visit our website for Pictures, Prices and Availability!
www.HomeGrownHerps.com
Check Out The Pituophis Photo Contest
www.homegrownherps.com/pituophisforums

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!