Bad Guy Michael Miller AKA Snakept74 - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #31
snakept74
Listen, the snakes I sold this guy are really nice snakes. Ok maybe one got injured in transit.
But, I have never sold a bad snake. So I was making light of the situation with jokes. I know when i put them snakes in the box they where 100%. And im sorry about the upload mistake.
obviously they are the same snake. The snakes are almost Identicle. If you think I was trying to rip this guy off you are not reading this correctly. At first I offered to replace the snake that was injured or get him a replacment. But, he was not going for that he wanted a refund in full. Of course I got mad and acted incorrectly. Which is why im going to give him a refund and pay for shipping.
This thread makes it wound like i sell junk! lol Not the case! I love snakes! Thats what matters. You can go on here and start a battle royal over a tail getting injured and you dont know if its him or me.. Thats what i dont like! Oh well im just a clown right.
Love you all. Oh hey Will When are you going to send the snakes back for a refund?
Mike Mller

Old 04-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #32
snakept74
Sorry Makes it sound like Im selling junk.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:19 AM   #33
snakept74
And if you would inquire about the good ppl do, and not just there one mistake, then you can make an accurate judgement about someone. I have done rescues and volinteer work, and many other good things for the reptiles here but no one puts that up on the board.
If you look at related similer threads you will find good about me not bad. This is a bad post
and im dissapointed in how some jumped to call me a scammer! When this is abviously not a scam deal. This is an animal that got its tail shut in the lid or something like that not BOI worthy post in the least. You ppl that replied with out knowing me to make me look bad should be ashamed of yourself for not gathering all the imformation on me first.
Good job everyone!!

Old 04-27-2010, 09:36 AM   #34
hhmoore
Michael,
It's easy when everything goes well....what tells the tale is how somebody responds when there is a bump in the road (or in the tail, in this case). There was a problem with the snake, and you blew the easy fix. THAT is why there is an issue. THAT is why this thread exists.
It's pretty sad that your response was to downplay your role, deny your mistakes, make fun of the buyer, and make a total ass of yourself - probably a poor decision, since this thread will be here any time somebody thinks about buying from you.

You can argue that only one snake was damaged, and/or misrepresented...but the bottom line is that Will probably wouldn't have purchased just the male. He bought what was supposed to be a great looking pair, with the intent of breeding them. In his shoes, I would probably be inclined to reverse the entire transaction as well (its a lot harder to find a nice looking subadult female, than a male).

Good to see you decided to make things right...too bad it took this to make it happen.
A prompt refund will undo some of the damage you caused to your reputation. I'm sure Will would be happy to post that things have been resolved.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:41 AM   #35
ShadowAceD
I really hope you do give this man his refund and, yes, I understand your thought process that there is no definitive proof on who injured the snake though, in all honesty, it more looks like her tail was caught in a packaging error than anything else. This is just my opinion. Now, I would like to add something ...

Clearly, you are the one who is missing the point about the BOI.

You are not on the BOI for possibly being the one who injured the animal while packing it. You are on here for your lacking professionalism, inability to perform proper customer service and failure to take responsibility for even your own words. To say you simply acted incorrectly is an understatement.

But I am ust an outside observer looking in. I do not know you and I do not know the customer.

Now, let me explain something to you. While you may have some "Good Guy" threads about you and you may have had numerous successful transactions before this one, this is why I would not even think to buy from you:

1. You made a mockery of this customer and acted as a child would when caught with their hand in the cookie jar. You laughed at everything and made ridiculous comments that were suitable for a first grader's insult book.

2. You admit to not being a pro and, therefore, desiring not to be professional. Anyone who sells anything should never have this mentality because it is an immediate red flag to someone that just does not care about anyone or anything but himself. If you are in this business then you be professonal or else you end up on the BOI. Deal with it.

3. You are mocking your customer for sending you partial payments as if that is supposed to mean anything. You are the one who agreed to let him do it, so why turn around and act like you are so much better than him because of it? Regardless? You owe him one of the two payments he sent you anyway, so that little snippet of your being a sarcastic fool just leaves you looking like an immature kid.

4. You get really aggressive towards people and then, a few minutes later, apologize and try to make nice, but when that does not go your way, you get aggressive again. Seems to me you are a rather unstable individual.

5. You guarantee customer satisfaction (something a professional would do, mind you) and then fail to successfully follow through with such a plan. I guess customer satisfaction to you is limited to those that do not complain.

6. You spend money you do not have before time (money is not yours until the deal is done and the customer is satisfied) this is a rather big "no-no".

7. You think that people are judging you as a person, we are not, that is not the purpose of the BOI. The purpose of the boy is to hear business practices of people who are in the business of reptiles and to make an informed and educated decision on if we wish to deal with that person. It does not matter if you were doing missionary work in a third world country or saving homeless children. That is irrelevant to your business practices.

So, to sum up for you ... you are immature, you lack professionalism, you think this business is a joke, you are irresponsible with transactions, you are quick to anger, you use petty jokes when you should be serious and you fail to take responsibility for yourself. That makes you the poster child of who not to do business with, in my opinion.

Again, I hope you do give this man his money back and this issue is resolved, but understand, this thread being posted did not harm your reputation. You did.

Old 04-27-2010, 09:49 AM   #36
snakept74
I offered his money back without the BOI. Then he waited a week before responding to me giving him a full refund. Then and only then is when i dedied his refund.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #37
ShadowAceD
Yes, you did, after you flip flopped on him a few times before about it, then you get upset because he got busy and had to take care of some things. He was understanding if your issue with having to use the money for house payments, one would think you would be able to offer the same courtesy.

Still, I am not sure what you mean by "you decided his refund". You mean you revoked it after six days went by? Oh, yes. I saw that.

He also stated he did not wish to ship the male while in shed, which is the responsible thing to do. Shipping an animal in "blue" is not fair for the animal and causes even more unneeded stress. Stop chewing on your foot and being childish and just resolve this. The more you post here the more you make yourself look ridiculous.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:07 AM   #38
ShadowAceD
Pardon me, he did not wish to ship the female while in shed.

Old 04-27-2010, 10:15 AM   #39
snakept74
And if you guys dont back off with the bashing of my name Im not going to give his money back...So its up to you. I said sorry to Will and you continue with the postings. So quite your mouthbashing. Im not a scammer. Im just pissed off. And That snake was in perfect condition when it left here. Ive sold over 300 snakes this year and not one time did I ever have this kind of a problem. And all the sellers know out there that you cannot sell a high volume of snakes and never ever have one thing go wrong. This was not the place for this to ba handled. He should have responded when I told him to send the snakes back the first time. And if i honestly thought that snake was in perfect shape when I sent it out
of course im going to be angry. So keep up with the bashing!
Mike Miller

Old 04-27-2010, 10:20 AM   #40
Iraqvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakept74 View Post
And if you guys dont back off with the bashing of my name Im not going to give his money back...So its up to you. I said sorry to Will and you continue with the postings. So quite your mouthbashing. Im not a scammer. Im just pissed off. And That snake was in perfect condition when it left here. Ive sold over 300 snakes this year and not one time did I ever have this kind of a problem. And all the sellers know out there that you cannot sell a high volume of snakes and never ever have one thing go wrong. This was not the place for this to ba handled. He should have responded when I told him to send the snakes back the first time. And if i honestly thought that snake was in perfect shape when I sent it out
of course im going to be angry. So keep up with the bashing!
Mike Miller
There you go headed south again..Holding his money ransom is not what good guys do!!..You really are making this hard on yourself..Give the dude his money for christ's sakes...You didnt use photos of the actual snakes,and one has a broken tail...Just do right and fix it and move on..Now you are just showin people how ill minded you are..You will definetly be one one my "do not buy from/sell to" list...Stop actin like a kid and give the dude his money back!!!...The nerve of some people..Oh,and just so you know...This was the place for this to be handled..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!