Bad Guy jungle bob - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:02 AM   #31
brd7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschnell View Post
Hmm is it just me or did everyone seem all gung-ho about "proof" at first? Jungle Bob provided zero proof of anything, yet everybody seems to be on his side now...

And then Jungle Bob comes in, verbally slanders the OP and calls him names (are we 5 years old?), threatens him with tax audits, accuses him of shoplifting, and admitted he had a dead animal on display in a shop cage. Mmmm what am I missing here?

Also (fairly obviously IMO) none of you have have kept Rhacodactylus leachianus before, or if you have, I feel sorry for the thing(s). A three year old leachie that weighs 42 grams is really, really sad. That's breeding age for most adult leachies, when they should be 170-400 grams in weight. 5-10 times as heavier than this one was. A gecko that skinny / small at that age indicates a lifetime of stress for the animal and very poor husbandry knowledge on the part of the keeper. Leachianus geckos are not for beginners or to be sold as a "common reptile shop pet". They are for semi-experienced to experienced keepers only and are NOT easy to breed. They are endangered in the wild and not terribly common in captivity. Why an animal like this was for sale to just anybody is slightly surprising to me...

The OP did provide proof and pics, just not in this thread. See this one...
http://www.forums.repashy.com/rhacod...41-rescue.html

I'm not taking sides here I'm just pointing out that most of you seem to be failing at being objective and/or knowing about the animal species that is central to this debate.

I can identify with the OP because I have bought Leachianus before from a store that was not taking care of the animals well, and I felt sorry for the Leachianus geckos especially since they aren't common int the pet trade and rare species especially need to be properly cared for. There were two at the store and I could only afford one at the time. He weighed 7 grams when I bought him, and 3 months later is over 35 grams. I went and visited the shop again and the sibling (which was of identical size when I bought it) was still almost exactly the same size as it was 3 months ago (about 6-8 grams). I don't regret buying the animal, and attempted to explain to the shop owner why I bought the animal (when I bought it, not 3 months later) and what they should do differently in caring for the one I couldn't afford. They obviously neglected to heed my advice. Bummer.
If the OP has pics, then he needs to post them here, not some other site. And I did look at the pics you posted a link to, and they don't look like they were taken in any store. So what do those pics mean? You say they are proof, proof of what?

Old 05-17-2010, 01:11 AM   #32
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
If the OP has pics, then he needs to post them here, not some other site. And I did look at the pics you posted a link to, and they don't look like they were taken in any store. So what do those pics mean? You say they are proof, proof of what?
Agreed. But I am not the OP. He can post them here if he wants. You're right in that they're not proof of a whole lot except that the gecko in question exists and has been steadily gaining weight and is very healthy in the care of it's new owner.

Pics from the store are still needed.

That however, was only part of my original point

Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 AM   #33
garweft
I checked it out and didn't see any pics of a severely underweight gecko or a dirty pet store??

I did see where someone said this forum is infested with retards, but no proof of which you speak....

FYI, you'll probably get an infraction for posting a link to another site labeled as an anonymous third party quote. If so don't take it personal as it's not someone telling you that your posts have no merit, it's just one of the rules that are stickied at the top of the BOI forum.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:24 AM   #34
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Agreed. But I am not the OP. He can post them here if he wants. You're right in that they're not proof of a whole lot except that the gecko in question exists and has been steadily gaining weight and is very healthy in the care of it's new owner.

Pics from the store are still needed.

That however, was only part of my original point
Is the "gecko in question" even proven to have come from the pet store in question? The reason people are backing the pet store is because there have been numerous people speaking up on the pet stores behalf and none for the OP with the outstanding reputation

Old 05-17-2010, 01:30 AM   #35
DAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by brd7666 View Post
Also, I have a hard time believing someone who can't even remember what he said in his previous post.

From the link provided:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLREPTILES View Post
She is a cutey thanks!!!! She was alot worse when i got her only 44 grams i havent checked her again but you can feel the difference.
From the link provided:
Quote:
Here are sum updated pics and when i got him i think he was around 32 grams im not 100% but today he was 94 and getting fatter.
Second post from the OP here:
Quote:
I also purchased a 3 year old leachie from him at 42 grams cause i felt bad 6 months later it now ways 101.
Liars tend to have difficulties remembering what they have said and telling the same "story" twice.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:32 AM   #36
brd7666
Quote:
Hmm is it just me or did everyone seem all gung-ho about "proof" at first? Jungle Bob provided zero proof of anything, yet everybody seems to be on his side now...
Jungle Bob responded to the claims that were made by the OP. The OP is the one who needs to provide proof, he started it all. He is making claims that he apparently can't back up.

Quote:
And then Jungle Bob comes in, verbally slanders the OP and calls him names (are we 5 years old?), threatens him with tax audits, accuses him of shoplifting, and admitted he had a dead animal on display in a shop cage. Mmmm what am I missing here?
Jungle Bob had evry right to say what he said. So what, he admitted there was a dead animal in his store, what does that mean? Animals are going to die in pet stores, it happens everywhere. Sounds to me like the OP is not claiming income from his sales.

Quote:
Also (fairly obviously IMO) none of you have have kept Rhacodactylus leachianus before, or if you have, I feel sorry for the thing(s). A three year old leachie that weighs 42 grams is really, really sad. That's breeding age for most adult leachies, when they should be 170-400 grams in weight. 5-10 times as heavier than this one was. A gecko that skinny / small at that age indicates a lifetime of stress for the animal and very poor husbandry knowledge on the part of the keeper. Leachianus geckos are not for beginners or to be sold as a "common reptile shop pet". They are for semi-experienced to experienced keepers only and are NOT easy to breed. They are endangered in the wild and not terribly common in captivity. Why an animal like this was for sale to just anybody is slightly surprising to me...
Most if not all pet shops feed their animals a maintenance diet. This kind of diet is fine, yes they don't grow a whole lot, but it doesn't mean they are not healthy. Retail stores are in business to make money, and over feeding only cost's the store more money.

Quote:
The OP did provide proof and pics, just not in this thread. See this one...
http://www.forums.repashy.com/rhacod...41-rescue.html

I'm not taking sides here I'm just pointing out that most of you seem to be failing at being objective and/or knowing about the animal species that is central to this debate.
Provindig a link to another site is proof of nothing, it needs to be posted here, and by the OP, not you. And you say you are not taking sides, but it does appear you are defending the OP. Also, those pics mean nothing anyway. They are not in the store and they could be pics of something he bought somewhere else. The original post was all about how bad the store was and how bad the store owner is, not about an animal he bought.

Quote:
I can identify with the OP because I have bought Leachianus before from a store that was not taking care of the animals well, and I felt sorry for the Leachianus geckos especially since they aren't common int the pet trade and rare species especially need to be properly cared for. There were two at the store and I could only afford one at the time. He weighed 7 grams when I bought him, and 3 months later is over 35 grams. I went and visited the shop again and the sibling (which was of identical size when I bought it) was still almost exactly the same size as it was 3 months ago (about 6-8 grams). I don't regret buying the animal, and attempted to explain to the shop owner why I bought the animal (when I bought it, not 3 months later) and what they should do differently in caring for the one I couldn't afford. They obviously neglected to heed my advice. Bummer.
When the OP started this thread he was not even talking about a specific species. It was only a post later on that he brought it up. And you claim you bought aniamls from a store, is it the store in question, I am guessing no. And it sounds like the store you bought from feeds a maintenance diet also. Again this is common practice in the industry. You say the store didn't listen to your advise, well you just said the animal was still alive three months later. So they couldn't be doing anything too bad or it would be dead. I don't see a problem.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #37
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by garweft View Post
I checked it out and didn't see any pics of a severely underweight gecko or a dirty pet store??
Did I say there were any pics of those things? Nope. Did you read my second post?

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
I did see where someone said this forum is infested with retards, but no proof of which you speak....
The only "proof of which I spoke" was that the animal was now being well taken care of and is quite happy, regardless of where it came from originally. Also that user stated the forum "could" be infested with retards. Not that it was. Please do not misquote. Also weren't you just telling me not to post anonymous third party quotes?

------------------------------------------------

Quote:
FYI, you'll probably get an infraction for posting a link to another site labeled as an anonymous third party quote. If so don't take it personal as it's not someone telling you that your posts have no merit, it's just one of the rules that are stickied at the top of the BOI forum.
Gotchya. Thanks for the heads up. Ya I read the rules, I just thought I was providing the link to a website, not quoting anybody... And it definitely wasn't an anonymous quote because every user has their full name viewable on that forum.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:37 AM   #38
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
Is the "gecko in question" even proven to have come from the pet store in question? The reason people are backing the pet store is because there have been numerous people speaking up on the pet stores behalf and none for the OP with the outstanding reputation
Nope it's not proven. That is an excellent point thank you for bringing that up. All we have to rely on here is anybodies word, but since Jungle Bob didn't deny selling Chris this gecko...

Old 05-17-2010, 01:42 AM   #39
aschnell
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAND View Post
Also, I have a hard time believing someone who can't even remember what he said in his previous post.

Liars tend to have difficulties remembering what they have said and telling the same "story" twice.
Whoa whoa whoa here we go with the name calling again, c'mon now. Notice how the OP said "about (blank) grams" in one post, and in another "about (blank) grams", and in the last post the weight was the same as the weight posted in this forum. No lies.

There are subtleties in the English language, as such it is important to read carefully before name calling.

Old 05-17-2010, 01:45 AM   #40
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Nope it's not proven. That is an excellent point thank you for bringing that up. All we have to rely on here is anybodies word, but since Jungle Bob didn't deny selling Chris this gecko...
Was he even asked? Consdiering that MANY people have to come to speak on Jungle Bobs behalf, besides Jungle Bob himself, I would tend to believe the masses versus the "one" who only professes their outstanding reputation.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
jungle