Bad Guy Stephen Carnicom AKA "scarnicom" is SHADY - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:55 PM   #61
scarnicom
Again Diem, thank you for the kind words, and I will deffinatly learn from this. Obviously theres no pleasing everyone and in some peoples eyes I'll always be a bad guy. There was no deal made to be technical, No addresses or information was processed by either of us, so the actual deal or "next step" was never processed.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:56 PM   #62
scarnicom
But I'm guessing that a "deal" has a different meaning to everyone.

Old 05-15-2010, 08:57 PM   #63
ShadowAceD
You needn't thank me. I just go by the evidence and by logical reasoning.

I understand what you are saying, but now, unfortunately, you need to prove to anyone that doubts you that you are better than that. So, just let this one go and be smarter. You seem to be a level headed individual so I have no doubt you can accomplish that.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:13 PM   #64
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowAceD View Post
You needn't thank me. I just go by the evidence and by logical reasoning.

I understand what you are saying, but now, unfortunately, you need to prove to anyone that doubts you that you are better than that. So, just let this one go and be smarter. You seem to be a level headed individual so I have no doubt you can accomplish that.

Reading the WHOLE story and not just the parts the OP wanted us to read, I am more certain than ever that the transaction did NOT warrant a "Bad Guy" thread.

Consider "Wolf" look at the time frame. It looks like the seller got back to the buyer IMMEDIATELY as he realized and not "the next day" which implies that a lot of hours passed instead of the reality of a few.

BUT in that 4 hours (look at the time...the buyer had enough time to pay for the animal and didn't...he expected the seller to wait...how long? Again, I don't see the seller as being a bad guy. Thoughtless, yes but no where in the communication did he come off as trying to get more..it was actually still up to the buyer to agree to the new price or turn it down.

The BOI is not supposed to be a weapon to threaten someone with loss of reputation if they don't give them what they want! I would think twice about doing business with the OP...his emails left a bad taste in my mouth.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 PM   #65
ShadowAceD
With Deb.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #66
Southern Wolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post

Consider "Wolf" look at the time frame. It looks like the seller got back to the buyer IMMEDIATELY as he realized and not "the next day" which implies that a lot of hours passed instead of the reality of a few.

BUT in that 4 hours (look at the time...the buyer had enough time to pay for the animal and didn't...he expected the seller to wait...how long? Again, I don't see the seller as being a bad guy. Thoughtless, yes but no where in the communication did he come off as trying to get more..it was actually still up to the buyer to agree to the new price or turn it down.
I am looking at the time frame.

Quote:
To: stephen carnicom <stephencarnicom@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:48:24 AM
Subject: Re: burm pics

ok you win lol. ill do 165. get at me thanks
The OP responded that he would accept the $165 price at almost 1am. After he sent that.... maybe... just maybe he went to bed. Maybe he expected to get up in the morning with a paypal invoice waiting on him. Maybe he had to work the next day (and before someone says... but it would be Sunday...not all of us get weekends off)

Who knows

I can say that if I agreed to 165 and went to bed and woke up to an email sayin... nope... changed my mind... I want 210... Id be pissed to.

Although... I do agree that he shouldnt have used the BOI as a tactic to pressure the buyer into sticking with the original 165. That was wrong on the buyers part.

The BOI is not supposed to be a weapon to threaten someone with loss of reputation if they don't give them what they want! I would think twice about doing business with the OP...his emails left a bad taste in my mouth.[/quote]

Old 05-15-2010, 09:31 PM   #67
Mister Internet
After reading this thread, I'd likely give the seller a chance.

I'd definitely avoid the buyer. Talk about a childish, hair-trigger temper... I think everyone can see what's REALLY going on here, can't we?

THREAD SUMMARY: Buyer managed to talk Seller into a fantastic deal (for Buyer), and when it fell through (yes, shady, but not "bad guy" material), threw what amounts to a 2nd-grade temper tantrum complete with threats and whining.

Yes, I'd say VERY informative thread!

Old 05-15-2010, 09:36 PM   #68
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
I am looking at the time frame.

The OP responded that he would accept the $165 price at almost 1am. After he sent that.... maybe... just maybe he went to bed. Maybe he expected to get up in the morning with a paypal invoice waiting on him. Maybe he had to work the next day (and before someone says... but it would be Sunday...not all of us get weekends off)

Who knows

I can say that if I agreed to 165 and went to bed and woke up to an email sayin... nope... changed my mind... I want 210... Id be pissed to.

Although... I do agree that he shouldnt have used the BOI as a tactic to pressure the buyer into sticking with the original 165. That was wrong on the buyers part.

The BOI is not supposed to be a weapon to threaten someone with loss of reputation if they don't give them what they want! I would think twice about doing business with the OP...his emails left a bad taste in my mouth.
[/quote]

What did Chuck teach us about going by the FACTS and not what we "think" may have happened?

If he was up at 1AM, he can be up for 30 minutes more (as far as I am concerned it makes no difference in my opinion).

Another factor that I am seeing is:

He didn't ask how to pay for it. My customers when they determine that they want to purchase from me, ask me should they pay though the website, or will I send an invoice..or how should they pay for it...these are questions that SERIOUS buyers ask. They DON'T get a price and go to bed. Serious buyers KNOW that nothing is guaranteed till the MONEY is in.

Old 05-15-2010, 09:39 PM   #69
ozz465
The way i see this

1, the bad guy post is warranted , why post something for sale and agree on a price shipped b4 you actually research the price of what you are selling . to me a verbal agreement is very important and someone who goes back on your word is someone to never do business with .

2, josh trying to use the BOI as a way to blackmail a deal off someone is also worthy of a bad guy thread and someone else never to deal with . no matter what its never justified to blackmail someone .

Old 05-15-2010, 09:41 PM   #70
Southern Wolf
How did the buyer talk him into a good deal. The buyer requested $150 and the seller said no... but I'll take $165

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarnicom View Post
Also thank you Diem, for not making me out to be a horrible person.

Also here is the entire email conversation, not just the bad parts. from bottom to top in order.

you literally said "ill do 165 shipped" dont get greedy dude. take up the other offers if you want but it will cost you your reputation.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Josh Fosburg <fozistheman@yahoo.com>
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 1:01:26 PM

LOL, your crazy, I just checked it out. I apologize, but I was unaware of the value of the albino. Do what you must, but I'm not going to sell a 250 dollar albino for 165 shipped. Imade a mistake and nothing was finalized at all. I have several other hits that happened last night, and people are wanting to take me up ont the 210 shipped, so pass it up if you must.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:10:25 PM

are you kidding me? what are you talking about?. you cant up the price after we negotiated. we already agreed on a price dude. it is settled. just because you sold a snake for cheap and found out its worth more is not my problem. it is yours. YOUR PROBLEM NOT MINE. no going back now. im not paying 210. ill pay 165 shipped as we agreed and thats final. if you back out, there will be repercussions. you want the 165 for the snake or the bad rep on fauna. im already starting my BOI on you. i will not post it if you follow through on your original price. let me know what you wanna do. . . .

Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 4:14:27 AM

Hey just figured out actual cost of albino burms is pushing the 250's+ shipping. best I can do now is 210 shipped. sorry.

Sent: Sat, May 15, 2010 12:48:24 AM

ok you win lol. ill do 165. get at me thanks

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 11:14:05 PM

I could do 165 shipped.

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:31:33 PM

yea for sure. i like the color. nice white. i prefer the bright orange on this one opposed to some of the yellow looking ones. would you do $150 shipped?

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:26:23 PM

It's fine, but i'm not really looking for trades right now. Thank you though. did you get the pics?

Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:23:19 PM

i accidentally sent you someone elses email about the pastel. lol. i have some stuff for trade too. you interested in a trade? thanks.

To: fozistheman@yahoo.com
Sent: Fri, May 14, 2010 10:12:37 PM
Subject: burm pics

here are a couple more

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!