Inquiry Swanees Exotics (Nate Swanson) - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:56 PM   #61
rosebud945
Quote:
And about getting all pissy about WC animals, you can preach captive bred all you want, but there will ALWAYS be animals collected from the wild.
You know, I didn't know what Nate was doing before I bought from him because I wasn't aware of the BOI, but I assumed that the collareds would be wild caught because most desert species are. My problem, and I am sure this is true for many, isn't that some animals in the trade are wild caught. My problem is how they are caught and how many, the laws that are or are not broken, and how they are treated/kept after they are caught. If a buyer/seller dumps a bunch of freshly wild caught collareds, male and female, into a big tub together, then they will not thrive, period! Its not so much that they are or are not aggressive, because some are and some aren't. But freshly caught collareds are ALL scared, and some literally to death! Certain steps must be taken to keep them from stressing to death or killing each other, and that is what I see wrong in almost all of the pics in Nate's ads. I see wild caught animals thrown all together in bins and they look emaciated, petrified and miserable! I am floored that he can't see that in his own pics! He can clean up the place and get a photographer in after getting some flack here, but those images that I have see IN HIS ADS will stay with me.

Old 05-04-2009, 09:41 PM   #62
spawn
Quote:
But freshly caught collareds are ALL scared, and some literally to death!
Thank you for your evaluation of the lizards' psyche. Next thing you're gonna' tell me is some of them may have parasites in their intestinal tract or maybe even the creases of their scales...

In my opinion Donna you're holding the WC animal thing to an unreasonable standard. Yes, he probably shouldn't have sent you a lizard with a bent foot, and yes, he probably shouldn't have sold it if it was in bad condition; however, he GAVE you a refund. Dealing with customers like you who continue to thrive on this after-the-fact make dealing on the retail sector of the market difficult and often a deal-breaker for many people. While I find your compassion for the animals' health adoring and inspirational, he DID correct this financially with you - what more do you want? His business to crash and fail because he sent you a busted up lizard?! Or are you one of those people that won't rest until karma sets in and Nate somehow succumbs to a bent ankle tragedy as well?? Look - he can't respond here because he's banned. He buys CB animals and clearly keeps at least some of them half-decently because he's able to keep some pretty fragile WC frogs alive for more than a month after getting them wholesale.

I DO think your incessant posting about how he's just terrible with WC animals is getting old and biased. You make it seem [by your own admission] that your lack of experience with online buying in the reptile market is somehow a good judge of his WC animals. Let me tell you from personal experience: there are much bigger operations with much, much worse conditions who wouldn't give you the light of day for a refund. Other people would be happy to receive a gravid animal - granted it might have been sick or suffering from this, but how many people do you think can properly diagnose a gravid lizard and deem it necessary to lay now before shipping? HE GAVE YOU THE REFUND. You're being way too pessimistic about the situation.

I don't disagree with your lack of satisfaction with your deals. You're a customer, and you deserve healthy animals. I do not like your rhetoric in approaching the subject of someone who's been banned and dragging his name through the mud over and over because you got a refund for an animal(s) you expected in perfect condition when in reality you know the lizards being in perfect condition is slim to none. Your experience with WC stock is transparently obvious and I think influencing your posts too much to be fair/significant to the thread's capacity to help potential customers.

Old 05-05-2009, 10:49 AM   #63
ForkedTung
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnlexotics View Post
Yes. My opinion is biased, repetitive, and selfish. Just like yours and everyone else in the worlds is.
The difference is my opinion isn't based upon a monetary profit...yours is
If you represent something as legally collected or CB and it's not, and I can legally own it and purchase it, then it was the seller who broke the law. Of course buying something that is illegal in your state is illegal. Refer back to the Gila monster example.
All that matters is if you have an animal that is illegal, via whatever means it's still illegal and still your responsibility in the eyes of the law. Please don't ever advise someone to disregard the law based upon your abject view of liability.You don't seem like an idiot so maybe I'm not explaining things as well as I thought I was. At any rate, I'm right, you're confused, and WE keep bumping the thread. I'm not the only one posting here now am i? nope I'm posting as well, but I'm not worried about Nate's rep., you're the one adding fuel to his fire.
And by the way, It's hurting my reputation alot more than it's helping his, but I stand by what I've said.So you're pissin into the wind why? because it makes you both look bad?
And about getting all pissy about WC animals, you can preach captive bred all you want, but there will ALWAYS be animals collected from the wild. Yes I understand this, I'm not against Wild Caught for breeding, but illegals for immediate resale. damn right I'm against it You've probably bought more than a few and you don't even know it.You keep referring to me as if you know me??? Did we go to Kindergarten together or something...
Thanks for taking the time to go back and forth with me, but I'm pretty much done with this.
I don't think you're the kind of person who can let go of a disagreement without having to look like you won the argument. so post as you wish about "How stupid and wrong I am" blah blah blah, but don't expect my resposne to be posted here.
Yeah Yeah, throw in the towel...get out of the kitchen...lol I WON... I WON... I WON....rofl...Now I can sleep nights again...Just remember you're the one that called me out...bump!

Old 05-05-2009, 09:06 PM   #64
TrulyRare
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Thank you for your evaluation of the lizards' psyche. Next thing you're gonna' tell me is some of them may have parasites in their intestinal tract or maybe even the creases of their scales...

In my opinion Donna you're holding the WC animal thing to an unreasonable standard. Yes, he probably shouldn't have sent you a lizard with a bent foot, and yes, he probably shouldn't have sold it if it was in bad condition; however, he GAVE you a refund. Dealing with customers like you who continue to thrive on this after-the-fact make dealing on the retail sector of the market difficult and often a deal-breaker for many people. While I find your compassion for the animals' health adoring and inspirational, he DID correct this financially with you - what more do you want? His business to crash and fail because he sent you a busted up lizard?! Or are you one of those people that won't rest until karma sets in and Nate somehow succumbs to a bent ankle tragedy as well?? Look - he can't respond here because he's banned. He buys CB animals and clearly keeps at least some of them half-decently because he's able to keep some pretty fragile WC frogs alive for more than a month after getting them wholesale.

I DO think your incessant posting about how he's just terrible with WC animals is getting old and biased. You make it seem [by your own admission] that your lack of experience with online buying in the reptile market is somehow a good judge of his WC animals. Let me tell you from personal experience: there are much bigger operations with much, much worse conditions who wouldn't give you the light of day for a refund. Other people would be happy to receive a gravid animal - granted it might have been sick or suffering from this, but how many people do you think can properly diagnose a gravid lizard and deem it necessary to lay now before shipping? HE GAVE YOU THE REFUND. You're being way too pessimistic about the situation.

I don't disagree with your lack of satisfaction with your deals. You're a customer, and you deserve healthy animals. I do not like your rhetoric in approaching the subject of someone who's been banned and dragging his name through the mud over and over because you got a refund for an animal(s) you expected in perfect condition when in reality you know the lizards being in perfect condition is slim to none. Your experience with WC stock is transparently obvious and I think influencing your posts too much to be fair/significant to the thread's capacity to help potential customers.
I totally agree. I kinda wonder when she got these collards, if they were around November of last year.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:45 AM   #65
kmarsh
Below is a post I made as a new thread since when I put in the name of Suwanee Exotics I didn't find this name. After being questioned by another person in PM as to why this happened after all the posts about him and all why would I buy from him. Part of the problem is that if something is spelled differently then it doesn't pull up the info on the person: Suwanee, Suwanees, etc... So therefore I am cross posting my experience with this person that that if someone puts a s on the end of the name they will get my nay vote on Nate. If he is such a good guy then why hasn't he responded to my emails and my situation. Just my opinion... here is my experience:

Nate@Suwanee Exotics

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hesitated/waited before making this post but my heart says I have to tell when I feel something wasn't done correctly. Here is my experience with this dealer so that others are more informed than I was as to the way customers are treated.
12/03 Placed order for 4 veiled at 35.00 each and 3 beardies at 20.00 each
Total 200.00 plus 35.00 shipping total 235.00
12/05 Payment sent through paypal said 3-5 days to clear
12/09 Paypal sent notice payment complete
12/17 I sent email asking where order was. Hadn't heard anything. I explained
that this was a christmas present and needed this asap.
12/18 New reptile list emailed to me
12/21 Email finally from Nate saying sorry for unforseen delay get it out
tomorrow
12/22 Email from Nate offering replacement on veileds, offers 1 veiled, 1 jacksons and 3 beardies no change in price.
12/22 I emailed that this wasn't a fair exchange based on his price list.
12/22 Nate informs me that he has sent me 2 veileds and 1 Jackson and the 3 beardies. Gives me talk of what he charges in his store for these.
12/23 I email asking when shipped please let me know and send me
confirmation number. No word.. No email Later that day order arrives.

Thankfully one of my kids were home and signed for the babies. When I got home and looked at them, I was concerned that there was such differences in the sizes for the chameleons veiled and Jacksons. The christmas beardie was taken to the family that was getting it and all was ok there but I had to start quickly taking care of the tiny veiled that came. I seperated him out, got smaller crickets and began doing all I could. I was very frustrated but considering that he was unmoving on our order I felt it was no need to try to talk with him about it so I just went to work on trying to save him. He was teeny tiny, looked almost like some of our newborns. I was more concerned when I checked the package and there was no heat pack in it but was insulated with styrofoam. I was more concerned when I looked at the box and realized that it had come from WA. I had no idea that was the state he was in and was more concerned for the small veiled because I had thought it had just came from Suwannee GA. I live in Macon, GA. Anyways this frustrated me so I asked to be removed from their mailing list via the link on it.

On 12/27 I got a email from nate asking why I was wanting to be removed. I gave my reasons that I posted here and told him I didnt feel I was treated fairly given his problems on his end. No response.

On 1/05/10 The veiled was dying and I emailed Nate saying I knew he wouldnt care but this was what was happening despite my best efforts. No response. Later that evening the veiled passed.

I couldn't let his death be in vain, thus my post. I would never have shipped that small a veiled, I would never have treated my customer this way so I felt others should know my experience with this dealer.

Kathy Marsh

kmarsh
View Public Profile
Send a private message to kmarsh
Send email to kmarsh
Find More Posts by kmarsh
Add kmarsh to Your Contacts

Edit Tags Tags

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!