Bad Guy Konstrictor Specialties/ Brian Shelton - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2009, 08:27 PM   #11
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
Calling him a con artist is a stretch.... and borderline slander..... bad with money.... yes... irresponsible yes..... and posting his account number and routing numbers up on a public forum could get you sued.....

It's one thing to warn people about a problem customer.... it's another to say you've been conned... when you were the one that gave the animal to the person BEFORE the money cleared... NEVER trust random customers.... !!
Sorry Marc, con artist fits him well. I bet he knew that check would not clear when he wrote it.

Ted gave him time to make the rubber check good. Brian also told Ted the acct was closed, so what damage can posting a bad check on a closed acct do anyway?

The bad guy title fits Brian Shelton very well!

Old 12-01-2009, 09:44 PM   #12
critical bill
Is it up to a $1,000.00 fine PLUS one year in jail?

Or is it up to a $1,000.00 fine OR one year in jail?

If you're going to threaten a person with the law, you really should know the law.

Criminal Penalty
Wisconsin. Up to $1,000 fine or one year in jail.

Civil Penalty
Wisconsin. Amount of check plus actual damages and exemplary damages not to exceed treble face amount of check.

Trying to prove this is a criminal matter would entail proving the account was closed prior to the check being written. Even then, unless he closed the account out, if the bank closed the account he could claim that at the time he wrote the check he believed the account was still active - and preparing to deposit funds to cover the check. He'd also have to have a documented history of bouncing checks for anyone to see it as a serious criminal matter. Good luck getting the banks cooperation on that.

AND, posting that check is like about the WORST THING that ever could have been done.

That IS a criminal and civil offense. That is banking information, that falls under Federal Jurisdiction, meaning you could get a knock on your door from the FBI.

I am absolutely amazed that someone is so stupid to post a bounced check online because they thought it would be OK since the deadbeat who wrote it told him the account was closed.

Old 12-01-2009, 10:34 PM   #13
dqreps
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Is it up to a $1,000.00 fine PLUS one year in jail?
Trying to prove this is a criminal matter would entail proving the account was closed prior to the check being written.

I am absolutely amazed that someone is so stupid to post a bounced check online because they thought it would be OK since the deadbeat who wrote it told him the account was closed.
No, no proof need be provided that the account was closed prior to the check being written. Regardless of when the check was written, no monies have been paid to fulfill the previous obligation stated in their written agreement via email.

Yes, it is ok to post the deadbeats check. What do you want to bet nothing would come from this EVEN if the deadbeat tried to push it? It would get lost in the shuffle with the 1000's of other BS claims like this that are made every day. This sort of thing, much like the case we are conversing about, rarely bare any fruit at all. In the end, it is not the laws that you looked up and copy and pasted on these pages that matter. It is the ability or lack there of, of the prosecutors office to actually prosecute something like this. Which they dont, 99% of the time. There are REAL crimes out there other than a deadbeats check being posted that need solving. Besides that, anyone could grab Ted's laptop and come onto this site, in which he would already be signed in, and post that check. There is just no way to prove Ted posted it . So take it from me Ted, my friend, you are safe
Good night yall!
Dallas Quarles

Old 12-01-2009, 11:15 PM   #14
lanceheads
I see Convenience Stores and grocery stores, EVERYWHERE that DISPLAY bounced checks all the time at the register and on the windows. How come the FBI hasn't knocked on their door's on every Valero, 7-11, Kroger, Winn Dixie, etc. stores across the nation?
(Probably not enough agents eh?)

Randal Berry

Old 12-01-2009, 11:24 PM   #15
dqreps
Valid point

And yet another person who thinks "outside the box" and knows how to do more than just copy and paste. Are a select few starting to think for themselves, or is it just me? HeHe

Dallas Quarles

Old 12-02-2009, 12:22 AM   #16
Ed Clark
Judges tend to side with the lesser of two evils, its certainly not against someone posting a bad check they were stuck with.

Wonder if Brian Shelton has been notified about this thread?

Old 12-02-2009, 01:42 AM   #17
AShrader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyudsai View Post
Calling him a con artist is a stretch.... and borderline slander..... bad with money.... yes... irresponsible yes..... and posting his account number and routing numbers up on a public forum could get you sued.....

It's one thing to warn people about a problem customer.... it's another to say you've been conned... when you were the one that gave the animal to the person BEFORE the money cleared... NEVER trust random customers.... !!
Well Marc,
A Con-Artist is someone that has a great personality and uses that confidence to gain trust is someone with plans to cheat them. That is exactly what Brian Shelton did in this situation. If you read the entire post you will see that Brian already wrote him a GOOD check for the initial 25%. Therefore Ted had no reason to doubt a customer that had already shown such reliability. This is what is known as the "Long Con". Although it was only for $400.
Tell me if this sounds like a "Con Artist" to you. A man comes to you to buy some animals. He says I would really appreciate it if I could do a payment plan. Then he says " work for a mortgage company. I know how loans work. Once we make a deal I will stick with it or forfeit my initial payment." Then this guy stops sending his scheduled payments. Makes clever excuses and tells you "It's in the mail" But the payment never comes. So you think I will call him at work. He HAS to work. So you call the Mortgage company. Uh Oh! The number is disconnected? You check the website, He's the owner! What!? Only a CON ARTIST would set up a SHELL COMPANY for a LONG CON!!!! This SIR is what happened to my friend Ted. And how many other people did he get for $400 in this same 6 month time period.
You still on the scum bags side???

Now if his Mortgage Company(ElkMortgage.net) really did go under at the exact same time that he stopped contacting Ted, then that's really sad. But if this was a REAL company and he owned the Mortgage on your house. Would you trust him?

Anthony Shrader Jr

Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 AM   #18
kbsnakeyez
Yeah really..... Who cares about him..... Post it all..... U guy's seem too forget who the real victim is.... Ted, i'm really sorry that u have had too go thru this with this CON-ARTIST..... And wow ALL these law professor's in here..... Just lkie lance said... you see them all the time at convenience stores and not only DO YOU SEE THEIR CHECKS....THEY HAVE THEIR PICTURE RIGHT NEXT TOO THEM...... Your a GOOD-GUY Ted..... Keep it up!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-02-2009, 08:56 AM   #19
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Judges tend to side with the lesser of two evils, its certainly not against someone posting a bad check they were stuck with.

Wonder if Brian Shelton has been notified about this thread?
Probably, as apparently the OP took it on himself to email every person who's ever contacted him for any reason to rant about this scammer. I emailed once, earlier in the year about a boa. While I feel bad for anyone being ripped off, I didn't appreciate the email.

Why was a check taken as payment in full in the first place? A lot of us don't take checks, even from people we've known for a while. If it's a meeting in person, it better be cash. At least part of this is the OP's fault for accepting a check from someone who'd given them problems in the first place. Sounds like a lesson learned the hard way, and hopefully you'll have better sense next time.

Old 12-02-2009, 08:59 AM   #20
Shadera
For what it's worth, before someone starts yelling that I must be on the scammer's side.. I'm on no side here. Yeah the guy wrote a bad check after the good one, but I see that as the OPs fault for accepting it and handing the snake over. I'd have at least waited until the check cleared my bank before the snake went out even if it meant I had to drag it back home.

Trust, but verify. ~ Ronald Reagan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!