Info Nate@Suwanee Exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 AM   #1
kmarsh
Angry Nate@Suwanee Exotics

I hesitated/waited before making this post but my heart says I have to tell when I feel something wasn't done correctly. Here is my experience with this dealer so that others are more informed than I was as to the way customers are treated.
12/03 Placed order for 4 veiled at 35.00 each and 3 beardies at 20.00 each
Total 200.00 plus 35.00 shipping total 235.00
12/05 Payment sent through paypal said 3-5 days to clear
12/09 Paypal sent notice payment complete
12/17 I sent email asking where order was. Hadn't heard anything. I explained
that this was a christmas present and needed this asap.
12/18 New reptile list emailed to me
12/21 Email finally from Nate saying sorry for unforseen delay get it out
tomorrow
12/22 Email from Nate offering replacement on veileds, offers 1 veiled, 1 jacksons and 3 beardies no change in price.
12/22 I emailed that this wasn't a fair exchange based on his price list.
12/22 Nate informs me that he has sent me 2 veileds and 1 Jackson and the 3 beardies. Gives me talk of what he charges in his store for these.
12/23 I email asking when shipped please let me know and send me
confirmation number. No word.. No email Later that day order arrives.

Thankfully one of my kids were home and signed for the babies. When I got home and looked at them, I was concerned that there was such differences in the sizes for the chameleons veiled and Jacksons. The christmas beardie was taken to the family that was getting it and all was ok there but I had to start quickly taking care of the tiny veiled that came. I seperated him out, got smaller crickets and began doing all I could. I was very frustrated but considering that he was unmoving on our order I felt it was no need to try to talk with him about it so I just went to work on trying to save him. He was teeny tiny, looked almost like some of our newborns. I was more concerned when I checked the package and there was no heat pack in it but was insulated with styrofoam. I was more concerned when I looked at the box and realized that it had come from WA. I had no idea that was the state he was in and was more concerned for the small veiled because I had thought it had just came from Suwannee GA. I live in Macon, GA. Anyways this frustrated me so I asked to be removed from their mailing list via the link on it.

On 12/27 I got a email from nate asking why I was wanting to be removed. I gave my reasons that I posted here and told him I didnt feel I was treated fairly given his problems on his end. No response.

On 1/05/10 The veiled was dying and I emailed Nate saying I knew he wouldnt care but this was what was happening despite my best efforts. No response. Later that evening the veiled passed.

I couldn't let his death be in vain, thus my post. I would never have shipped that small a veiled, I would never have treated my customer this way so I felt others should know my experience with this dealer.

Kathy Marsh

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!