Limited shipping options - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > General Business Discussions

Notices

General Business Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to business related topics concerning Reptiles and Amphibians that are neither appropriate for the Board of Inquiry, nor sales, purchase, or trade solicitations.

Old 05-20-2010, 07:18 PM   #1
Southern Wolf
Limited shipping options

What is it with the big companies. I have tired to order from both LLL and Big Apple Herps... and the only shipping option they offer is the one they default to.

If I needed these in a week... this wouldnt be a problem but I have been approaced by someone that wants me to come relocate some snakes. I am being told they are cottons... but around here... they could easily be just Nerodia. The problem is they have been granted access by the city to fire weapons in the city limits to clear out the "problem".

Im pretty good with a hook.... but I have yet to keep a flighty Nerodia on a hook... and even some cottons have evaded my attempts.

I need to be able to order some tongs and have them shipped overnight... but thus far... I havent found that shipping method as an option from the big box companies.

[/rant]

and my search continues.....

Old 05-20-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Wolf View Post
What is it with the big companies. I have tired to order from both LLL and Big Apple Herps... and the only shipping option they offer is the one they default to.

If I needed these in a week... this wouldnt be a problem but I have been approaced by someone that wants me to come relocate some snakes. I am being told they are cottons... but around here... they could easily be just Nerodia. The problem is they have been granted access by the city to fire weapons in the city limits to clear out the "problem".

Im pretty good with a hook.... but I have yet to keep a flighty Nerodia on a hook... and even some cottons have evaded my attempts.

I need to be able to order some tongs and have them shipped overnight... but thus far... I havent found that shipping method as an option from the big box companies.

[/rant]

and my search continues.....
Did you try here? http://tongs.com/

*I didn't check out their shipping options..just asking.

Old 05-20-2010, 08:27 PM   #3
Southern Wolf
After I posted... I ended up just buying the best out there straight from the manufacturer.

Gentle Giant 52" tongs right from Midwest Tongs... even got the shipping I wanted ... sorta. I ended up opting for 2day cause I wasnt paying $60+ for next day.. when 2 day was only bout 20 bucks.

So instead of two days trying to relocate the snakes... I will be spending one day... unless I go the first day with just my trusty hook and hands.

Old 05-20-2010, 09:48 PM   #4
paulWTAMU
midwest ROCKS. My wife got me a 48" set of their tongs as a wedding present.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!