Breeding Room - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-09-2010, 09:47 AM   #71
crazycoolpaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
What size heat bulbs do use ?
Sorry forgot to ad that part but in the cage i had split into 2 i used 35 watt bulbs on each side, but i no longer use that as a baby cage and took the divider out and made it an adult cage.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:59 AM   #72
ace9916
Disregard that last message.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #73
ace9916
We must have been typing at the same time.

I like the new ones as well. That was another debate of mine was to split 4ft cage or to make smaller ones.

I have another question this can be for anyone what kind of rails does use for the sliding window? And where do you purchase them from?

Old 04-09-2010, 11:07 AM   #74
HowlinGaleDragons
It is a custom built tank my friend and I did I have built all of my tanks never bought one yet as I prefer being able to make it exactly how I want it. The whole stack is 5 tanks tall but 4 of the tanks are all in one unit we did this because if It was all 5 in one unit it would not fit threw a door so the 5th tank sits on top and secures kind of like a puzzle the bottom of the top tank has some strong wood pieces that stick up and on the bottom of the 5th tank it has cut outs so it sits right on; no risk of it falling then. Each tank is 4 Foot long by 2 foot wide by 16 inches tall with sliding plexy glass fronts; each tank has a UVB Strip with two light sockets one for day basking bulbs the other for night heat bulbs when it gets cooler here. The switch you can see on the UVB strip is what controls this when I turn the UV off for the night I flick that switch and the red light comes right on; it is also set up for a timer which I need to go out an get so I don't have to do it by hand. The inside of the tank is made from Luan and the outside is Hardwood Plywood in between those layers on the back and sides is 1/2" House hold insulation this lets me use smaller lights without losing any heat. Each tank also has a good size vent on each side one vent is at the bottom of the tank and the opposite vent at the top this allows proper air flow; each vent also has a screen cover so no babies or crickets can get out. My friend and I are going to start building these tanks to sell as a lot of people have been asking about getting some made especially here locally.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:24 PM   #75
ace9916
Quote:
Originally Posted by HowlinGaleDragons View Post
It is a custom built tank my friend and I did I have built all of my tanks never bought one yet as I prefer being able to make it exactly how I want it. The whole stack is 5 tanks tall but 4 of the tanks are all in one unit we did this because if It was all 5 in one unit it would not fit threw a door so the 5th tank sits on top and secures kind of like a puzzle the bottom of the top tank has some strong wood pieces that stick up and on the bottom of the 5th tank it has cut outs so it sits right on; no risk of it falling then. Each tank is 4 Foot long by 2 foot wide by 16 inches tall with sliding plexy glass fronts; each tank has a UVB Strip with two light sockets one for day basking bulbs the other for night heat bulbs when it gets cooler here. The switch you can see on the UVB strip is what controls this when I turn the UV off for the night I flick that switch and the red light comes right on; it is also set up for a timer which I need to go out an get so I don't have to do it by hand. The inside of the tank is made from Luan and the outside is Hardwood Plywood in between those layers on the back and sides is 1/2" House hold insulation this lets me use smaller lights without losing any heat. Each tank also has a good size vent on each side one vent is at the bottom of the tank and the opposite vent at the top this allows proper air flow; each vent also has a screen cover so no babies or crickets can get out. My friend and I are going to start building these tanks to sell as a lot of people have been asking about getting some made especially here locally.

I'v considered using insulation in some of my cages. But had a few second thouhts about it and never fallowed through with it. Then I never really met anyone thats tried using it or done it either. In southern cali it gets hot in the summer do you think the insulation would help keep the outside heat out aswell as my desired inside heat in the cage.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:33 PM   #76
crazycoolpaul
Quote:
Originally Posted by ace9916 View Post
I have another question this can be for anyone what kind of rails does use for the sliding window? And where do you purchase them from?
This is where i get my track for 1/4" glass. 60 cents a foot you can't beat that anywhere else and that includes the top track and the bottom track.

Old 04-09-2010, 03:56 PM   #78
ace9916
What type of rails are they plastic or metal. The price is great I think I pay 10 dollars for 4' top and bottom without shipping.

Old 04-09-2010, 05:15 PM   #79
HowlinGaleDragons
I would think so if you went to a lower watt bulb but I can't tell you for sure as I have yet to test it in hot weather.

Old 04-09-2010, 06:02 PM   #80
ace9916
Your right I gues NY isnt as bad as cali.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!