Regarding shipping venomous - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 07-02-2007, 11:54 AM   #11
bcherps
I definately agree with the comment about keeper knowledge vs. non-keeper knowledge, and the association of venomous with the species. I do agree that to the average person the word venomous means you will die withing 5 paces of being bit, when I would easily prefer a bite from one of your two species listed than the neighbors dog.

I would look at the state's laws you are shipping them to. If the guy has to have a permit where he is at then the state may already be polarized to consider the animal dangerous. If it is a state like s.c that nothing is illegal then they would likely be more lenient if something was to happen during shipping.

Are you certified to ship with one of the private companies like fedex or Ups? If you are, then a snake in a box would be a snake in a box, and not too many questions may be asked. If you are not certified specifically for snakes, then a snake in a box becomes a nightmare and then if it was found out to be categorized as rear fanged/mildly venomous/permit needed type animal then you are suddenly in a world of trouble.

Thanks
ben

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!