My Savannah Eating Bologna - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-25-2010, 08:44 PM   #11
TailsWithScales
I'm willing to throw money down now and bet that animal is being house VERY poorly. Inconsistent eating and now regurgitating. Poor little monitor and at this point it's survival is looking really grim.

I've been very plain and simple and told you exactly, to the letter what you needed to feed it and now you're still willing to take the advice of an unknown person who "has 20 years of experience". My experience is proven a thousand times over in my monitors even breeding and producing hatchlings which all went to good homes.

I bet the animal is to cold and probably really little. So you not only stuff it with, what was it ........... 30 crickets I think you said then you feed it bologna. No wonder it puked. Little ones cannot pack away a lot of food, especially unhealthy food living in poor conditions and keep it down. Not even adult monitors can take that at times.

Savannah are the worst starter species because people tend to think they're garbage can and can "eat anything" and are lazy. This is a complete opposite to fact. As already stated.

Since you're clearly unwilling to provide me with the requested information then I at this point am unwilling to further help you. You didn't get scammed. You're just a poor - inexperienced keeper. The sad part is your monitor will now suffer and die because of it. Don't you dare blame the seller for your negligence.

Old 06-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #12
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maldesto View Post
guy that has 20 years of experience told me to put cod liver oil capsuls in his food, along with feeding him ground beef
Is that "experience" good or bad? In my experience, just because someone has been dealing with reptiles for a long time doesn't necessarily mean they know what they're doing. Longevity does not guarantee wisdom. I say, go ask this "guy" how long his savannah monitors usually live. If his answer is like a few years, then he's full of it. A healthy monitor should thrive for well over a decade.

I strongly advise checking out this caresheet: http://proexotics.com/care_savannah.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!