Looking for an Iguana rescue center - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #1
birdman123
Looking for an Iguana rescue center

Hi everyone,

I'm sorry to say it but I got to give up my iguana because my family is moving and we feel that she needs a larger cage then we can provide because she is wild caught. By the way, her cage is the right size for a full grown iguana and she is not full size yet, so it doesn't make sense. I think she needs to be somewhere that can provide her with a lot more room. I think I'm just going to make it more and more stressed out.

So I spoke with Iguana Sanctuary in Ct and they said they can't take her until July 11th. It would be a lot easier for me and her if we could give her up sooner. Does anyone know of a place in the NYC area, I live 1 hour away.

Thanks for your help guys. Just to let you guys know I will probably get another iguana but CB this time I made a mistake on this one.

Old 06-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #2
birdman123
Just to add to this. She is really jumpy and she goes through fits at night when she jumps around the cage it is really upsetting because she actually hits her head on the cage. It is pretty bad. She is going to seriously hurt herself, so I think she needs to go somewhere else.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 PM   #3
LauraB
So very, very sad. I'm sorry that I'm nowhere near NYC. I hate to hear that poor girl is actually bashing herself due to stress. This is the kind of story that (personally) makes me more and more hostile toward the WC industry. She obviously would have been better off left peacefully in her own native home.

And I apologize for the soapbox and any offense to readers - I do wish I could help you and her; it's just very sad when they can't acclimate and then suffer.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:07 PM   #4
birdman123
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
So very, very sad. I'm sorry that I'm nowhere near NYC. I hate to hear that poor girl is actually bashing herself due to stress. This is the kind of story that (personally) makes me more and more hostile toward the WC industry. She obviously would have been better off left peacefully in her own native home.

And I apologize for the soapbox and any offense to readers - I do wish I could help you and her; it's just very sad when they can't acclimate and then suffer.
Theres nothing I can do about it... I don't know exactly what those rescue centers have but if they don't at least have a room for her or something like that, she probably won't be happy. I can't even look at her often because she gets scared, when she first came the first four days was her jumping everywhere... It was terrible.

Old 06-02-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
birdman123
If someone can clue me in that would be so helpful. How much does it cost to have them sent back? I know where she came from. I knew I shouldn't have gotten these guys, the guy seemed kind of trying to get rid of them.

Old 06-05-2010, 12:51 AM   #6
LauraB
Quote:
How much does it cost to have them sent back? I know where she came from.
Now how could anyone tell you how much it would cost to send her back?
You have your location listed as "Somewhere" on your profile, you say you live 1 hour away from NYC. Okay.

You say you know where she came from. Obviously we don't. Just where do you want to send her back to?

Please don't try to pass the buck with the "this guy seemed kind of trying to get rid of them" ... YOU willingly took on the responsibility.
Reptile rescues are FULL of iggies that people wanted and accepted and now cannot/will not care for.
That is probably the reason you aren't getting a lot of response.

Try to start here:Green Iguana Society
http://www.greenigsociety.org/

Melissa Kaplan's Herp Societies & Resuces
http://www.anapsid.org/societies/index.html

Scales & Tails Wildlife Education
http://www.scalesandtails.com/reptilerescue.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!