Skin problems...pls help me asap - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-23-2010, 02:26 AM   #1
acefarren
Skin problems...pls help me asap

I recently bought a juvenile iguana about a month ago... It used to have this brown accumulated thick skin patches all around its body probably from problematic skin shedding... I have been able to remove most of it however the photo attached is how it still looks like...how can I get it back to its original green skin? I give it a water tub bath once a week and mist it a few times a day... It has also eat very little nowadays but it is still very active whenever I handle it.. can anyone explain this? It used to eat a lot more than this.. Any good food I should try? Im feeding it papaya, bok choy(chinese cabbage) and kangkung ( water spinach)... Temperature shouldn't be an issue since I live in the equator and neither should humidity be a problem...Its pretty humid here.
Attached Images

Old 06-23-2010, 02:34 PM   #2
Heart4Dragonz
I've never delt with iguana's before, but it really just looks like bad shed to me, there's no sores, so I'd doubt a fungus.. I'd soak him in a bath for a lil while and see if you can't help coax it off...There's stuff called shed ease by zilla, that's suppose to help with shedding also.
Just keep with the baths, and healthy feeding, and it should still shed out as he grows, If it's just from bad sheds, in my opinion...

Old 06-24-2010, 04:37 AM   #3
acefarren
owh thanks...cause I was really getting worried about it...

Old 06-24-2010, 10:16 AM   #4
Heart4Dragonz
No, problem, also if he's not eating a whole lot you might want to try adding some different greens into his diet, they love varity.
Here's a site that tells you about all the different things they can eat, personally I use Collard Greens, Dandilion Greens, and Mustard Greens with my dragons.
http://www.greenigsociety.org/foodchart.htm
More he eats, faster he'll grow, wuicker he'll shed that gross stuff off!
Good Luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!