Which Web Browser do you use? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment

Notices

Photography & Videography Techniques and Equipment This forum is for the discussion of technical and practical details of how to take good pictures and videos, as well as discuss the equipment used in that pursuit.

View Poll Results: What browser do you use and why?
Internet Explorer 1 5.56%
Firefox 8 44.44%
Safari 1 5.56%
other 8 44.44%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-30-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
SERPENTS DEN
Which Web Browser do you use?

Which web browser do you use and why?

After a number of responses I'm going to make another post in this thread that I think you will find interesting.

Old 12-30-2011, 09:51 AM   #2
rcarichter
I use Firefox because my computer genius son told me to. No problems so far!

Noelle

Old 12-30-2011, 10:19 AM   #3
hhmoore
I think I have a hunch where this is going....and I'm very interested.

Depends on where I am.
At the house, I use primarily Google Chrome (there are things I have to access that only work with IE or Safari).

Old 12-30-2011, 01:07 PM   #4
garweft
Chrome.

I liked Firefox, but Chrome is more streamlined along the top. Never tried Safari. Maybe one day??

Old 12-30-2011, 05:34 PM   #5
Utta
Use both Firefox and Chrome, but Firefox is more predominate.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:13 PM   #6
KelliH
Chrome always.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:24 PM   #7
SERPENTS DEN
Ok what I'm getting art here is how color is perceived on the web.

Here in this image if you should be able to see a slight color shift in browsers in the 3 different browsers I've used here.
Test this out yourself in different browsers at the link and look at the side by side.
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=axwV/G/yu2s

This whole color thing has been driving me crazy lately because what images I see on my computer screen looks accurate and then looking at them online I can notice some color shift.

I'm using a high gamut NEC display that I religiously keep calibrated with my Color Calibration Colorimeter and software so I know my display is properly calibrated.

Can you see the difference in colors in the different browsers?
Attached Images

Old 12-30-2011, 07:38 PM   #8
snowgyre
I use Firefox because the free add-ons are great. NoScript is fantastic and preventing viruses from even touching your system. The web developer add-ons like FireBug, FireFTP, and ColorZilla are invaluable for the web design things I've been doing lately. Granted, FireFox is a little larger on the back-end than say, Chrome, so loading times are a bit more, but honestly I love Firefox's security features and versatility. It really is a "build your own browser."

Old 12-31-2011, 01:51 AM   #9
SERPENTS DEN
For certain reasons Firefox is the best browser not only for it's add-ons but if you want to have a tight color management workflow for images for the web and you use calibration software & tools you can customize Firefox color space to match your display.

I also like using Safari and really like the way bookmarks are handled so that you can preview the webpages.

Google Chrome, it's fast but I don't like having everything I do on the web stored in a database forever.

Internet Explorer, well I haven't used it in many moons...

If you want to see how your Display reacts to Tagged/Untagged images check out these web sites to start.

http://gearoracle.com/tools/web-brow...nagement-test/

http://www.gballard.net/psd/srgbforwww.html

Here's a screenshot of how color can shift when you upload it to the web.
Original pic is on the left.

I have no more color shift in my images!!!

Attached Images

Old 12-31-2011, 10:59 AM   #10
SERPENTS DEN
I found an add-on for you Firefox users you will appreciate.

Provides a GUI front end for enabling color management in Firefox and Songbird.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...or-management/

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
serpents den, steve markevich, web browser