Ed Clark- Sketchy Ad - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:12 PM   #51
kmurphy
There are a lot a members that have a personal grudge against Ed. Ed was certainly wrong with regards to giving Bobby a warning and he paid for it. As for the original subject of this thread, Ed was questioned about his ad and made changes. Seems to me that's been done before without much fanfare.

IMO this shouldn't have been a BIO thread about Ed specifically it should have been on the General Business Board about this topic. This practice isn't limited to Ed. Half the people that get CH balls scan them for "morphs". It's like winning the lottery to some. There probably is an opportunity here to educate the inexperienced "newbies" that everyone seems so "concerned" about.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:26 PM   #52
Bill & Amy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill & Amy
How about threats Ed, is that good business behaviour? Remember when I quoted a previously asked question in your for sale thread on bp.net? I quoted Daniel's question of "who produced these animals?" because it wasn't answered in the thread. You went off on a tangent and told me you would take care of me "face to face". It was a question that I wanted answered that I thought you overlooked. When a mod asked you if that was a threat, you quickly deleted the ad.

Remember the Silver bullet thread, you said you had a silver bullet and everyone told you it was a silver streak. But you came back with I have both and just posted the wrong picture. Everyone still asks to see the picture of the silver bullet you have, but you never produced a single picture. You would rather ignore them.
No answers?

Old 05-24-2007, 03:45 PM   #53
RyanT
My God. Friggin' Romper Room around here. What is it cause the weather's getting warm again? People getting restless? Go outside and play.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #54
Miss Tuniwha
It's been raining for 3 days here. :P

Old 05-24-2007, 03:55 PM   #55
RyanT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
It's been raining for 3 days here. :P

Ah, that sucks. It's like 85 here in Delaware. Feels like it at least. Yep, should be 140 degrees very shortly. Time for the murder rate to start rising, cause people are just too damn hot.

Old 05-24-2007, 03:58 PM   #56
Miss Tuniwha
HA HA HA, makes sense. it has been about 55 - 65 here in MN for the past few days. But it is typical, will be about 100 for a day, then snow the next .. HA HA.

Gotta love it. Hard to keep the reptile room a steady temp though. That is the downside.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:00 PM   #57
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Ashton
Is that the "minor morph" they are calling the "oddball"?

nope, thats Lucky! <3 And shes worth EVERY penny!

Ed, im sorry, but C'mon, did you really have to let it get this bad!?.... its so much easier to tell the truth, than try to lie and cover your tracks with more lies....

Old 05-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #58
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
There are a lot a members that have a personal grudge against Ed. Ed was certainly wrong with regards to giving Bobby a warning and he paid for it. As for the original subject of this thread, Ed was questioned about his ad and made changes. Seems to me that's been done before without much fanfare.

IMO this shouldn't have been a BIO thread about Ed specifically it should have been on the General Business Board about this topic. This practice isn't limited to Ed. Half the people that get CH balls scan them for "morphs". It's like winning the lottery to some. There probably is an opportunity here to educate the inexperienced "newbies" that everyone seems so "concerned" about.
Good Post Kevin, but I'd like to point out that the original ad was locked by DThomas, and then Ed unlocked and edited it. This was Dennis's comment about that in another thread:

""Quote:
Originally Posted by varnyard

He also locked his so called morph thread again."

DThomas' Reply:

"Thank you for pointing out that thread was re-opened.

I am going to say this once Ed. DO NOT EVER re-open a thread a Super Mod has closed. It matters not if it's one of your classifieds. We close threads for a reason and Rich is the only one that over turns our decisions.""

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...&postcount=253

So it would appear that his actions in re-opening the thread were a violation of the rules in and of itself.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #59
Scott Ashton
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy
There are a lot a members that have a personal grudge against Ed.
Who exactly has a personal grudge against him?

This is more than just about his ad or how he conducts himself as a moderator here.

There have been a number of things that have occurred regarding how Ed conducts business chronicled here that when taken in their entirety certainly raise some concerns about Ed's business practices.

Did his personal attacks on other members or his vindictive moderating style bring this to a head? Maybe - I don't know.

I do believe that this has been stewing for a while and it was only a matter of time before this whole thing came to a rolling boil.

Old 05-24-2007, 04:10 PM   #60
RyanT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha
Hard to keep the reptile room a steady temp though. That is the downside.

Yeah, I've had to turn the thermostats back a few degrees on the racks. The incubator is staying right on though. No matter what, this is a fun time of year. Got my first clutch hatching in 2 days. I feel like a little kid myself this week.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
ed clark