Facebook groups - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 04-02-2015, 01:35 PM   #11
Big Borg Reptiles
I think most of us have seen good guy threads turn into bad ones as well. I'd rather do a little extra research when buying so that I know exactly who my money is going to.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:48 PM   #12
CombatWombat
I'm part of the moderator of the Facebook group "Keep Our Snakes Off The Lacey Act." Just trying to get people together to inform them about the Lacey Act and remind them to donate to USARK while also trying to educate people who might be afraid of snakes about how great they actually are. It can be hard work keeping up with the trolls who keep trying to post ISOs on the page for things that are illegal in the state which is why we try not to have classifieds at all.

There's other groups I'm apart of mainly so I can see other people's animals (it is like cat photos for me) but there's sometimes terrible advice being thrown around and when you try to correct someone, they bite your head off. I try to be helpful where I can but if no one wants to listen to you...there's not much you can do.

My fiance says it's not really my business to get entwined with people's knowledge but I don't know, maybe someone will learn something they didn't think of before.

Old 04-02-2015, 02:57 PM   #13
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatWombat View Post

My fiance says it's not really my business to get entwined with people's knowledge but I don't know, maybe someone will learn something they didn't think of before.
I disagree with your fiancé. If someone is spouting some nonsense that might actually end up hurting a critter I think it is an act of kindness to at least put your opinion out there and allow readers to think and decide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CombatWombat View Post
when you try to correct someone, they bite your head off.
Experience may teach ways of presenting information that puts it out there but is not written as a correction.
There are trolls whose sole diet is heads, those types will for sure give you an incentive to polish your writing skills

Old 04-02-2015, 03:02 PM   #14
CombatWombat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucille View Post
If someone is spouting some nonsense that might actually end up hurting a critter I think it is an act of kindness to at least put your opinion out there and allow readers to think and decide.
I completely agree. In a Crested Gecko group last night...I went through a step-by-step with someone who found pinworms in their cresties poop and had no idea how invasive pinworms can be. There was also someone going on about cage carpet being a good choice...oh and my favorite using bleach for spot cleaning. It makes me really nervous and I don't want an animal to lose it's life because of idiocy.

Old 04-02-2015, 03:09 PM   #15
CombatWombat
Also, how are you going to educate anyone about how awesome reptiles are if you keep your mouth shut.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #16
Big Borg Reptiles
The problem with the facebook scene, and the reason it's so frustrating to me, is that when you try to help someone (and by that I mean help the animals) you get responded to with a bunch of stupidity. There's no reasoning with people who are either too dense or too stubborn to admit they might be wrong, and all that happens is I get very discouraged. I can't say I get mad because I tutor 20 hours a week and have to know how to be patient, but at least the people I tutor don't spout a bunch of nonsense when I try to point something out to them.

Old 04-03-2015, 01:52 AM   #17
Big Borg Reptiles
And as far as readers being able to decide, there is WAY too much deleting and editing to even know what's happening half the time. I tried going back and reading through a post once and it didn't even make sense, there were responses to posts that didn't exist, people being mentioned that weren't even on the thread anymore...I don't know, it just seems like a waste of energy to even acknowledge people.

Old 04-03-2015, 02:31 PM   #18
andyroof1979
I was actually argued with that bearded dragons need uvb light...

Old 04-03-2015, 02:34 PM   #19
CombatWombat
The groups that really bother me are the Facebook BOIs. If there is a bad guy being brought to the surface but an admin is friends with said "bad guy" the thread is deleted. Then the admin strikes down some banhammer that discussing that person will result in being deleted from that group. Pardon my language, but that's some biased shit.

Old 04-06-2015, 08:12 PM   #20
andyroof1979
Here is a rich pne, just had an argument in a group. Chick says there are het pastels...lol. I said no. Then omg she lost it and i am a clueless dumb ass

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!