Info Pat Kline Luxurious Geckos Blue Pac Man - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

View Poll Results: Is it blue or green?
Blue 2 9.52%
Green 19 90.48%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-17-2015, 07:54 PM   #21
Scrooge
If anything the male is seafoam green, but come on man if anyone tells me that's the color blue or any variation of it I'm going to get my eyes checked today! Haha! Pat I like you posted the pics of the male- you and me no problem- the problem is with the marketing names the frogs have- and you don't have control of the names they have unless you make your own morph.
I consider this resolved to the fullest for what I was inquirying- as for the other mysteries surrounding this issue- I think this will be the last designer pacman I will buy.

Old 04-17-2015, 08:27 PM   #22
snared99
I think making a video is a great idea, im going to start working on it. There is def not a cut and dry scale for some of the morphs, and there is a lot of info that is incorrect out there.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:59 PM   #23
LauraB
I realize the OP considers this transaction resolved and is seeking nothing at this point.

However, just out of curiosity, who produced the babies advertised in the original sale ad?

Obviously the OP did not receive a frog even closely resembling the awesome blue frog in the original ad. Nor did he receive, IMO, a "teal blue" animal.

Pat, do you own the vibrant blue frog depicted in the ad? Since it is not the breeder male, is that frog only "representive" of what a buyer might logically expect when ordering a "teal blue" frog? Is that particular frog (in your ad)one of the babies sired by Mike's male or a sibling of the animal the OP received?

Quote:
There is def not a cut and dry scale for some of the morphs, and there is a lot of info that is incorrect out there
With due respect, I think that's obvious. It would be helpful if you would enlighten readers to that which is incorrect.

Can the OP expect a color change as the animal matures? Or is the frog the OP received considered "teal blue" simply because the "morph" sire has a small amount of light blue on it's body and a designer tag?

Old 04-18-2015, 07:15 AM   #24
snared99
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post
I realize the OP considers this transaction resolved and is seeking nothing at this point.

However, just out of curiosity, who produced the babies advertised in the original sale ad?

Obviously the OP did not receive a frog even closely resembling the awesome blue frog in the original ad. Nor did he receive, IMO, a "teal blue" animal.

Pat, do you own the vibrant blue frog depicted in the ad? Since it is not the breeder male, is that frog only "representive" of what a buyer might logically expect when ordering a "teal blue" frog? Is that particular frog (in your ad)one of the babies sired by Mike's male or a sibling of the animal the OP received?

With due respect, I think that's obvious. It would be helpful if you would enlighten readers to that which is incorrect.

Can the OP expect a color change as the animal matures? Or is the frog the OP received considered "teal blue" simply because the "morph" sire has a small amount of light blue on it's body and a designer tag?

As stated I did not produce these, Mr.Matson did. The pic of the adult is the actual animal whom produced this spawn, and mike termed them teal blues. It is a designer name placed on a linebred teal project. As far as the other "blues" on the market i hear alot of stories, but not willing to comment because i know nothing as a matter of fact. I can tell you I own one Samurai blue which i bought 4 weeks ago, and it is not as blue today as the day I bought it, while these only get more teal with age.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:34 AM   #25
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
As stated I did not produce these, Mr.Matson did. The pic of the adult is the actual animal whom produced this spawn, and mike termed them teal blues. It is a designer name placed on a linebred teal project. As far as the other "blues" on the market i hear alot of stories, but not willing to comment because i know nothing as a matter of fact. I can tell you I own one Samurai blue which i bought 4 weeks ago, and it is not as blue today as the day I bought it, while these only get more teal with age.
Could you please post the ad you put up for the sale of these frogs?
I sent Mike Matson a link to this thread, perhaps he can offer some insights, but even if he produced the frogs, it is the seller's ad which is critical in defining the expectations of buyers.

Old 04-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #26
snared99
I do not have the ad unfortunately, this discussion started taking place on the actual ad so i removed it. I didn't feel the classifieds section was appropriate for this discussion on the colors.

Old 04-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #27
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by snared99 View Post
I do not have the ad unfortunately, this discussion started taking place on the actual ad so i removed it. I didn't feel the classifieds section was appropriate for this discussion on the colors.
If the ad was placed here on Fauna, I am thinking it may be possible that if you make a request to a moderator that they can repost it here.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #28
Scrooge
I bought these frogs for nostalgia- and I thought blue would be a nice fit to go with some of my other rare animals. I am satisfied because everyone here I gifted a frog loves their frogs even though they are green- it's cool, I'm not shipping the frogs back and I don't have room for more frogs- I think the frogs I have are worth 32.50- I mean 32.50 is cheap for any reptil/amphibian and the ones I have are nice plump and they are all eating well. My local Petsupermarket has one- 69.99- If I would have searched searched searched I could of got something similar for 15-25$- but again even though they are green in my eyes- I know what quality is also- i see matsons website and I like what I see, i can see the lineage the care put into raising these frogs.

Does my frog look like the picture? No, that's why I posted this thread.
Does the frog in the picture exist- probably out the 5000 babies that hatched probably 1 came out like that- that's the frog BTMexotics states is probably worth 400.00$plus- or the breeder will hold back to breed better blue frogs.
I would allow the blue picture if in the add it would state- colors vary dramatically or state that it's a variable morph.- then ask for pictures of the individuals being shipped too you also. I would not have even looked at the ad twice though nostalgia or not if the neon blue willamsi nosey be look alike frog was not on the front cover.

Old 04-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #29
Robert Walker
My personal take on this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrooge View Post
Pat I like you posted the pics of the male- you and me no problem- the problem is with the marketing names the frogs have- and you don't have control of the names they have unless you make your own morph. I consider this resolved to the fullest for what I was inquirying-
If the problem is with "marketing names" and it is out of Pat's control, why is there a BOI inquiry on Pat? This whole blue/green poll should have/could have been placed in the Amphibian forum, minus Pat entirely.

Quote:
I would allow the blue picture if in the add it would state- colors vary dramatically or state that it's a variable morph.- then ask for pictures of the individuals being shipped too you also. I would not have even looked at the ad twice though nostalgia or not if the neon blue willamsi nosey be look alike frog was not on the front cover.
Did you ever ask for "exact" pictures of the frogs you were buying in advance? Clearly if you bought multiple frogs, a single picture of a frog couldn't have been an exact picture of them all. As much as buyers what to push 100% of the burden onto sellers for describing all the endless possibilities/variations that could exist, it is ultimately the buyers responsibility to ask exact/specific questions of the product they are buying. If descriptions are too vague, ask probing questions and fully educate yourself prior to purchase.

As I already mentioned, a discusson on Teal Blue Pacman frog genetics could have taken place prior on the amphibian forum. Everything you know now could have been learned in advance.

Quote:
I tell you this morning Pat sent me several emails to make this right- but since I don't want money or want new frogs from him- we were at a stand still.
If he offered to make it right, but you won't work with him under normal conditions, that is not his fault.

I'm glad you are enjoying the frogs you got

Old 04-18-2015, 12:03 PM   #30
Jay Sommers Reptiles
I have extensive knowledge of these frogs. I know Yusuke mural (samurai Japan reptiles) I am actually on my way to his daughters 1st birthday party as I type this. I also know mike matson. I know pretty much all there is to know about this subject. I don't have time this weekend to go into great detail but I will Monday.i am very busy!
It is not 1 out of 5000 . It is 100 % genetic . There is so much to get into and so much horribly wrong info being spread around it's sickening. I don't even know where to start.
What happened here is a classic bait and switch period.
And people should stop referring to matson lines as independent of samurais like his are somehow superior? thats hilarious

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!