Bad Guy VARNYARD...Mr.Bobby Hill - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:52 AM   #111
St Pierre
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Forked Tongue View Post
It isn't exactly commonplace for me to post on forums much anymore, but I saw Ron's post and felt like saying a few words. I am not sure if many of the modern tegu owners and breeders know Ron, but he was instrumental in advancing tegu husbandry and reproduction. Much like Rich with cornsnakes, I learned a lot from Ron. Ron- I still have the original pair that I got from you in 1996. Hope you and Stella are well.

I have been keeping and breeding tegus for about 20 years. I don't have to tell anyone here how unique and incomparable tegus are, and it's discouraging to me that someone wants one and can't get one. I have some Argentine black and white tegu eggs that should hatch in the next few weeks. I live in Tallahassee. If anyone would like to come by and pick one up, I'd be happy to contribute it to Simon.

Thanks,
Aaron
Thanks for the kind words Aaron. Glad to see you are still at it.

While we dont own a single tegu these days one of my regular dragon customers does breed my White Head lines and has the nicest female Chaco White Head I have ever seen. I will check with him and see if he has any eggs and if he does I will donate a tegu to this endeavor. Someone else will have to deal with exporting and housing the animal until its ready.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #112
Lucille
Ron that is a wonderful offer!! So many good people here. It warms the heart when one sees that many of the vendors here are kind and helpful, it says a lot of good things about them and their businesses.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #113
beast77
I too bought a albino,redxblue,rhino ig off ron in 2000,so i know too what ron had and all three animals were very nice when i got them from ron and i was totally happy with his stock as it was one of the best around at that time.

Old 06-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #114
Irish-SiMurphy
I have just seen this now.

To all that have gone out of their way to help and especially those who have much such generous offers.. I want to sincerely thank each and every one of you....

Its amazing to see how many good people there are on here...

However im sure you all work hard for your money and the fact that you have offered is enough for me.

I could not accept something from anybody who does not owe me anything but thanks again for the offer..

I will hopefully get a tegu over my side of the water sooner rather than later.

Old 06-27-2012, 01:11 PM   #115
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by East_Coast View Post
Bobby, I recognize your name from years ago.

I knew you were a jerk back then.

(And I was right).
Good post. Short and sweet and to the point.

Old 06-27-2012, 02:08 PM   #116
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveyFig View Post
Lets get this going in an appropriate forum somewhere, maybe?
Yes. While it is great to see, it should continue elsewhere.

Please take further discussion of donations/fund raising/etc for Simon to another forum (you can post a link back here).

This BOI thread is about Bobby Hill.

Old 07-06-2012, 05:48 PM   #117
MiIguanaLvr
I only have one thing to say about this. I REALLY wish Critical Bill was still here. He would get to the bottom of this. No one could handle these situations quite like good old Chuck.

Old 07-06-2012, 06:37 PM   #118
Fangthane
I miss Chuck's posts as much as anyone else, but aside from some comic relief, I don't think his input would have changed much. Once someone's super glued their blinders on, all the wit in the world isn't enough to make them see their own shortcomings. Although, it would have been funny to see the field day Chuck might have had commenting on Bobby's need to hide behind a skirt while working up the nerve to actually show up and spew his own drivel, before scurrying off.

Bobby seems to have a proclivity to latching on to whatever dim-witted idea enters his mind, and running with it. Unfortunately, for the OP, Bobby somehow managed to convince himself that Simon should have to pay $850 for the privilege of being a victim to the Great Bobby Hill's inability to honor his own contractual obligations in a timely manner. At most, Bobby deserves $100 for the CITES application fee, assuming he can even prove that he put that much effort into completing this transaction. I've seen absolutely no justification for the remaining $750 that Bobby has chosen to steal.

Old 07-06-2012, 07:03 PM   #119
typherp
Simon,

I just got wind of this post and decided to read it. It's sad that you have lost your money...but more than that, you have lost time and put in so much effort...as a gentleman...to resolve this in a rightful way. I have fallen in love with tegus and now for the second year, I have produced tegus and hope to produce about 200 this year. As a businessman, I would never take money upfront for something that hasn't even hatched. I am really impressed with you and Simon! Please PM me so that we can discuss your "refund."

Old 07-06-2012, 07:09 PM   #120
Wilomn
Hiding behind skirts? Really? Do you suppose he ASKED Tere if he could hide behind her skirts? Does she ever WEAR skirts?

We've got two old cauldron stirrers who, I think, don't even KEEP reptiles anymore, a guy in Fla. who has had personal issues with Bobby forever, another guy out here who, when he was a kid was a first class jerk (he has changed a LOT, but he and Bobby had many many words) a BUNCH of experts who have not only NEVER shipped internationally, had vet inspections nor worked with Tegus, all of a sudden having expert opinions on what, why, when and how Bobby should handle HIS business.

Who are you guys again? Is there a punch and judy show missing its stars somewhere?

Bobby owes no one anything. If he, or any of you, chooses NOT to give out penny by penny expense accounts, it's his business and if you don't like it, tough cookies. How do you know the vet he uses doesn't charge 300.00 for an inspection? How do any of you, who have never done any international shipping, know anything about it?

Now, if Bobby wants to break it down, that would go a long way to justifying the costs, but he's under no obligation to do so.

And what's with all this speculating about his personal life and his animals and his ego? Do ANY of you who have cast such wide and unfriendly aspersions upon him have ANY actual proof to back up YOUR claims or are you, as you accuse, lying?

Bobby, I'd like to know what's up as this doesn't seem like the Bobby I knew. I mean really, unless there's a lot I can't see, which is entirely possible, it does seem to me that you owe this guy a bit more. However, he may have been the biggest pain in the rump ever to ponder tegus, I don't know, which is why I would really like to hear from Bobby, and not the Bobby fighting trolls, which there have been and he has engaged in this thread, but the Bobby who used to do what was right because it was right.

If you think it's right, what you're doing, and so far I don't know enough about the situation to be with or against you on it, I'd like to hear your reasons. You know that even though I consider you a friend, I won't hesitate to let you know if I agree or disagree with your reasoning and why.

IS there something we don't know Bobby?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!