New Reptile Community Site with Event Care Application - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > General Herp Talk

Notices

General Herp Talk Can't figure out where to post down in the other discussion forums? Too many options and too complicated? Well post your herp related messages here and to heck with it.

Old 04-13-2014, 10:19 AM   #1
rnason28
New Reptile Community Site with Event Care Application

Hey everyone,
I am working on creating an online community specifically geared toward reptiles. I currently have a new site launched which is a social-networking site of sorts that allows users to put up blogs, post in forums, friend other users and network with other like minded reptile collectors/hobbyists/breeders. I am also working on designing and building an application which is also live where you can input your animals, and then there are 1 button track events for things like sheds, weight, cleanings, feedings ext. You can also set up and track animal loans for projects, print bin cards, print animal info sheets, or view profiles on the animals with the complete animal history being feedings, sheds, weight etc.. The next major release will include a breeding piece as well, and reporting for clutch sales which will tie back to the parent animals displaying ROI's and what not. The application is new, just made live a few days ago, so please bear with me for any discovered bugs, which if found can be put in an existing forum posting to be discussed and fixed. I am also taking suggestions on new features to add. At the moment you can register up to 20 active animals. I say active because there is also a section where you can archive animals that you have sold or are deceased as to keep their data but not be in your active screen. I designed the site because being an IT guy, I loathe keeping any type of data in notebooks, much rather pop it into a database and retrieve the info in a much more effective and intuitive way. Who has time for writing things down and then not having it be available from anywhere in the world. Site was written in responsive design which means that the application also works on mobile tablet and phone browsers. Sign up, check it out and let me know what you think, and how I can improve it to be the best animal tracking software available. ) Also looking for a strong QA group, like 10 members that will be involved in testing new features developed. QA will get access to all future features for free for life. I eventually will be adding a small subscription fee to things like the breeding module, and seller pages, to help offset hardware/bandwidth costs and be prepared for future growth, but I hate people that design useful apps and make them crazy expensive because they are consumed with greed.. I wrote and am developing the site out of love of the animals, and love of combining technology to better track data associated with them. I am only contemplating doing a subscription based thing in the future (more than 20 animals like 1.99 a month or 20 bucks a year cheap) to just help out in the event that the site grows and I need to purchase more servers/bandwidth.

Screenshots of the application can be seen at www.facebook.com/ballherps.

Community can be found at www.ballherps.com. Signup is free, check it out and let me know what you guys think.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!