So, for the rest of your life... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > General BS forum

Notices

General BS forum I guess anything is fair game in here. Just watch the subject matter doesn't get carried away too much.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:18 AM   #1
bcr229
So, for the rest of your life...

You can only eat the cuisine from one country (not the US!) for the rest of your life. Which do you pick?

I'd have to go with Japan.

Why, do you ask?

Fried Rice

Noodles (Ramen, Soba, Udon)

Karaage (Fried Chicken)

Tonkatsu

Tempura

Okonomiyaki

Yakitori

Takoyaki

Yakisoba

Sushi and Sashimi

Wagyu Steak

Yep. Definitely Japan.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:21 AM   #2
WebSlave
Heck, Connie and/or I would probably starve most places. I am strictly meat and potatoes, and the meat can definitely largely be seafood, whereas Connie is the exact opposite. She eats stuff that you can grow in a garden that she calls "healthy". I eat stuff that you normally have to kill that I think is "yummy".

So my guess is that Connie and I would have to separate to each go to a different country. But never having explored the cuisine of other countries, I wouldn't have a clue which countries they might be. We would likely both be relatively happy with seafood, I think. As long as it was local and fresh caught, and not imported from anywhere more than 100 miles away.

Old 06-18-2019, 02:48 AM   #3
Helenthereef
I'd be with you on the Japanese, lot of variety and also not as likely to turn you into mush as fast as many others...

but if I wanted a life of luxury I'd have to go French or Italian....

Old 06-18-2019, 06:39 AM   #4
Lucille
Italian, pizza is Nature's most perfect food, followed closely by lasagna and cannoli.

Old 06-19-2019, 02:08 AM   #5
LauraB
I'd starve, lol.

I likely would pick Japan as well, only because our family travelled there for quite a few years when I was a teen when my dad was with Emerson Electric and they were opening there, so ate lots of that great food. OMG, Wagyu Kobe steak cuts, to die for, lol.

Old 06-19-2019, 12:19 PM   #6
AbsoluteApril
I'd probably starve as well
unless dessert is a cuisine?
lol

Old 06-20-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
JColt
Back in 1986 I installed paint booths, washers, conveyor and bake on ovens at Ford plant in Mexico.The man in charge there made sure we ate well. No diners or roadside food.

Mexico has a wide selection of beef, pork, lamb dishes that are mouth watering. The seafood we had was some of the most exotic foods I have eaten.

I've gone to a couple of higher end Mexican restaurants in the states but they Americanized too much.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!