Grocery peeves - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 05-31-2006, 01:56 AM   #11
MikeAnthony
My pet peeve is ppl with no patience.

Old 05-31-2006, 04:02 AM   #12
A_Kendergirl
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeAnthony
My pet peeve is ppl with no patience.
So, one could say you have no patience for people with no patience? LOL

Old 05-31-2006, 02:03 PM   #13
ZenReptiles
The biggest issue I have is with people I dont have a clue as to who they are that feel the need to talk to my 4 yr old in the cart. It is extremely creepy and not necessary in the least bit.

Old 05-31-2006, 06:08 PM   #14
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenReptiles
The biggest issue I have is with people I dont have a clue as to who they are that feel the need to talk to my 4 yr old in the cart. It is extremely creepy and not necessary in the least bit.
Some people just like children, that doesn't mean they are creeps. Being social is just normal human interaction. Though if you live in a bad neighborhood, I can understand the cause for concern.

Old 06-01-2006, 12:49 PM   #15
Peter_Parker
It really annoys me when...:
I'm standing in line, and I end up with a cashier that has to start a conversation with me about every item in your shopping cart. A trip that would ideally take less than 5 minutes is now stretched to 20. I just want to have my stuff bagged so I can leave!

People decide to get the one item on the shelf that doesn't have a tag on it, then get made when it cant be scanned at the register and make a scene.

I see people who are obsessed with sale items and get upset when they arrive on the last day of the sale and Whoopty doo, all the sale items are gone!

Shoppers who get their friends/family to take advantage of those "limit, 1 per customer" sales by getting like 10 people to do it, and they all go to the same line and it's soooooooo obvious what they're doing(my parents make me help them do this whenever I visit and it realllllyyyy bugs me)

Old 06-02-2006, 06:49 PM   #16
ZenReptiles
I got a new one that just happened today. You get a bagger that puts tons of cans on top of bread so that when you get home, you're left with one big pita, instead of a big loaf.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:06 PM   #17
Junkyard
How about the bagger that loads four 2 liter bottles of soda in one bag? Then when I ask them to lighten the bag or triple bag that large load, they try to promise me that the bag will not break.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:46 PM   #18
Bill & Amy
My biggest pet peeve about going into any store is people that right checks and don't bother to even get their check book out until the cashier gives them the total. Start righting your check while they are ringing up your items or have it prefilled before you get there!!! I got better things to do then see you struggle to spell out the amount.

Old 06-05-2006, 03:58 PM   #19
Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The Military Commissary on payday is bad~ but it's worse on Hot Check day at an overseas base! For those that don't know~ "Hot Check days" are the 14th and the last day of any month. Thats the day BEFORE your paycheck is direct deposited~ so all military families just barely making it payday to payday are out of food come Hot Check day, and we all know that we can write a check on the 14th and the commissary can't deposit it until the 15th when the money is in the bank.

The WORST hot check day is Dec 14th~ on an overseas military base where supplies are limited and your INTEND to be one of the families that actually gets some whipped cream or marshmellows ~if your smart you bought a turkey for Christmas when they came in before Thanksgiving~ because there are NO MORE~ if you can afford it you bought marshmellows and whipped cream then too~ but most of us could barely buy enough food to feed us THIS payday much less buy food for two months down the road.

I'm the guy at the regular grocery store now acting like I'm in an Indy 500 race~ zipping up and down the isles, careening around groups of old ladies and throwing everything I want into my cart while still carefully WATCHING my cart to insure nothing gets "appropriated" to someone else's cart........it's hard to break conditioning like three years in a row~ Dec 14th Hot Check days in Ramstien, Germany can provide!

The one thing that REALLY drives me up a wall at the stores now? Same as mentioned earlier. Counting the change wrong. I used to work as a cashier~ you do not count out what the machine told you I should get and dump the whole mess in my hand........do the job right! If my order is $3.83 and I give you a twenty you count the money out~ FIRST repeat what was given "Out of $20" then hand me the coin change to make 4 dollars and tell me that as you hand it to me~ "$3.83 (hand change) makes 4, (hand the one over) makes 5 (hand the 5 bill over) makes ten (hand the 10 bill over) and ten more makes $20.

Old 06-06-2006, 03:55 AM   #20
techgirl
My biggest pet peeve is mixing chemicals with food. I cannot stand when they put bleach in with food items and then look at my like I'm insane because I want them separated. I also have a thing of other people bagging my items. I know how to bag my own things so that I don't have to worry about getting the huge pita from a loaf of bread, meat being mixed in with regular food and having blood drip onto everything else. Also my supermarket does employ people with special needs. Now I do not have a problem with this, but there are some people that should not work there. There is one gentleman that mutters all the time and it always sounds like he's bitching. I didn't know he had "problems" and even asked him what he had said. When he continued to ignore me (as he's bagging my stuff) and keep muttering under his breath, I got defensive. I made it clear that I did not appreciated his not acknowledging me and certainly don't like being spoken to like that. The cashier had to tell me that he had "issues". I also had another one of the employees tell me off publicly in the store because I told him that I could bag my own things since I had 5 items. He got offended and started saying that I didn't want him touching anything because he's mentally handicapped and that I was being a bigot. I am trying to be nice and explain that no I only had 5 items and can do it myself. Then he gives me the finger!!!! I lost it then. I began screaming for the manager and saying that if this is how he wants his employees to act toward customers, then he's got a problem. I told him that he should either fire this guy for harassing me and cursing me out in front of my daughter or relocate him to a dept where he does not interact with people. The cashier was telling me that I'm over-reacting and should calm down!!! I told her to shut up and that I have a right as a customer to come and do what I need to do without having to be treated as such. I have yet to see that guy since.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!