Grocery peeves - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:27 AM   #21
A_Kendergirl
Oh, I forgot about the bagging!!!

I'm a bit anal about that (thanks again to being a former cashier). I want my meats with the meats, chemicals alone, cold stuff together, and my bread and eggs unsquished. Is that so hard to do?? I even put them on the conveyor belt in the order they should be bagged....and they STILL screw it up.

Old 06-06-2006, 11:18 PM   #22
Peter_Parker
lol, another peeve

Ok, I know that this one isn't from the shopper's point of view, but having worked in retail myself, this really bugs me: When a customer is looking for something, let's say, microwaves for instance, and they come up to you without saying hi or anything, and are just like "Microwaves?". I mean, show a little common courtesy. Just my .02 of a dollar

Old 06-07-2006, 06:06 AM   #23
cryptly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Parker
Ok, I know that this one isn't from the shopper's point of view, but having worked in retail myself, this really bugs me: When a customer is looking for something, let's say, microwaves for instance, and they come up to you without saying hi or anything, and are just like "Microwaves?". I mean, show a little common courtesy. Just my .02 of a dollar
I used to work in WallyWorld (WalMart), and I hated being stuck on line 2. Because line 2 had a HUGE display of batteries (complete with a giant spinning Duracell on top) and I would always get idiots, walking past the huge display, asking me "where's the batteries?"

Old 06-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #24
ZX11
Another thing about the checkout line......

why do they leave the conveyer running all the time???

I want to neatly place the box items together, meat items together, botled stuff with bottled stuff and so on. But they leave the conveyer on and I cannot do it as I want to. I feel like I have no control over the stuff if it flies to the clerk one by one.

Then askmthe girl to turn it off and you would think I had just slapped her. I didn't, but sometimes want to.

Old 06-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #25
Serpwidgets
If it's that bad, there are alternatives... http://www.peapod.com for example.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:02 PM   #26
Junkyard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Marchek AKA JM
The one thing that REALLY drives me up a wall at the stores now? Same as mentioned earlier. Counting the change wrong. I used to work as a cashier~ you do not count out what the machine told you I should get and dump the whole mess in my hand........do the job right! If my order is $3.83 and I give you a twenty you count the money out~ FIRST repeat what was given "Out of $20" then hand me the coin change to make 4 dollars and tell me that as you hand it to me~ "$3.83 (hand change) makes 4, (hand the one over) makes 5 (hand the 5 bill over) makes ten (hand the 10 bill over) and ten more makes $20.
BUT CHERYL...!!! Let's take a look at our wonderful public school system, to graduate from High School the exam requires a 50% passing of 8th grade math and many kids failed it!! So they run off and cry to their mommies and daddies, the parents in turn run to the courts and try to get the exam removed as the required testing for graduating the 12th grade. What are these kids? Vegetables? (This is were a blank stare smiley would come in handy) Basic counting from elementary school and they cannot do it.

Okay so it is my peeve too

Old 06-08-2006, 12:39 AM   #27
Ginger Ambrose
Grocery shopping causes migraines !

I hate to grocery shop. Charlie, does most of the cooking. I figure since I do not know what he is planning how can I possibly shop.
People, that choose the 20 items or less items line. They, seem to think if they have 20 bottles of soda, that counts as one item.
I rarely go to the commissary, it is crazy. My husband is retired Army. I have no use for the insanity.....kids running around like they have no " home training". People who feel that they have the right to run you down, step on you etc. because they are Officers families.
I have seen the retired folks from out-of-town, with the 9 baskets full of stuff. But what drives me nuts are the ones driving around on the scooters with an oxygen bottle attached to them , that have one of the 9 carts full to overflowing with cigarettes. Just cartons and cartons of cigarettes.
Just a few of my pet peeves.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!