LEASHES - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 03-30-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
dragonss
LEASHES

hello peeps
question what type of leashes are out there for bearded dragons i got one of those leather one from the pet store and i not sure if that one is very good it a medium and I'm just not sure it works if it's to small,big or just plane sux..
i was thinking more of the lines of something sturdy but less bulky any good idea's!!!

Old 03-30-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Junkyard
They have those leashes that are a thick cord, they sell them for iguanas, I have seen these used on dragons:

http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=5234

Old 03-31-2008, 06:39 PM   #3
Miss Tuniwha
that is what I use for my tegu and my beardie when I take them to educational things.

even though that one in the photo is not on properly. lol

but they are super easy to use, and cheap

Old 03-31-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
Laura Fopiano
I used to make my own when I had uro's and dragons. I bought a piece of pleather, cut 2 holes where the front legs would go through, and then attached a small toggle that with the push on the button, could tighten or release the nylon leash cord.

I looked forward to the hot summer evenings when we would go walking. The looks on peoples face were hysterical when they saw a lizard running across the asphalt with a person attached to the other end of it LOL

Old 03-31-2008, 11:13 PM   #5
dragonss
yeah i went and took the leather leash back and got the rope one for iguanas it look better and it has a longer end so he ( my dragon) doesn't feel confind to one spot.. well we will see if he likes it or not

Old 04-04-2008, 12:40 AM   #6
Dragon Cocktails
I have one for my Black Throught Monitor. He is still small, like 500 grams. He dosen't mind it. I got it at PetCo.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:33 PM   #7
wyland2222
I also bought one of those leather ones, the largest they had, it worked for like, oh a week, rofl..........but hub is very handy, so he is gonna make one, just to go walking with, we don't need it for any other reason, cause I have the enclosure for both mine to be outside for their sunshine and if they go someplace with me in the van, they just ride on my shoulder, they both do well with that.......so works for me.
Trish

Old 05-23-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
1tortadon
My kids made them for their beardies but used soft cloth so as not to rub the skin and it was also light for the lizard. also theirs had arm holes so the dragon could not pull out of it. We had some really colorful lizards running around the house.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!