Lighting - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-18-2008, 02:55 PM   #1
Beardiepal
Lighting

OK guys....I presently have a mix of MVB bulbs and Reptisun 10.0s. I would like to have the heat lights go off at 1-2 pm, and the rest of the lights go off at 8pm. My room stays 80 degrrees during the day now and when summer finally hits Memphis I am sure it will be warmer. I hope these questions don't seem silly to you all

1. I have timers that turn all the lights on & off

2. I would like to separate the timers now and put all the MVBs on a timer so they will go off in the afternoon

3. What do you use to light up the tanks during the day that does not put out alot of heat? I bought 24 inch fluorescent kitchen/bath tube lights that states they are 1275 lumens and 3000k. Are these ok?

4. Do I want these lights to kick on after the MVB goes out or should they be on all day? I know that beardies like a bright environment.

5. My room is square with all the tanks around the walls. I guess it will take some doing to get the MVBs all hooked in together to one timer and the other light on other timers.

Thanks for all of your patience, and any advice about lighting you can give me. Take care all, Beth

6. Oh and how could I forget the baby tanks. I wanted to know what you guys do? They need heat I know but should their heat light go out too? They have reptisun 10.0 for UVB.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!