2 very small 2yr old dragons very small - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Bearded Dragons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-13-2013, 12:27 AM   #1
rebmassor
2 very small 2yr old dragons very small

My brother went to jail over a week ago and I got his dragons there very small hes had them for around 2 years and his girlfriend said he has been feeding spring mix for past month every other day, no crickets for over a month. Ive seen adult dragons and these are super small comapred to what ive seen. Will they get bigger if i get them back to heath and one is way skinnier then the other too. I got a uva/uvb light the 10.0 one. And im keeping there basking at 90 or so. What can I do to get them back to heath? Thanks

Old 02-13-2013, 05:32 AM   #2
Lucille
Scott, can you post a picture? Are you sure these are not Rankin's? It is good that you are helping them
I'm thinking the actual basking spot (not the whole cage) can go higher than 90.
What are you feeding them now?

Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #3
rebmassor
From what im told from my brother g/f is there spose to be sunglow phase. Ive been feeding them mustard greens and spring mix for now im getting some crickets tomorrow from pet store and will order more from fluckers on monday.There basking spot is between lowest ive got was 92 and highest is 96 I have a real good temp gun I had from work. I dont reaaly know how to put pic on computors but ill try.

Old 02-13-2013, 11:37 PM   #4
rebmassor
I measured them today one is 6 3/4- 7ish inches and the other is 6 1/2in. from nose to where tail starts. will they get any bigger if I bring them back to heath? I know the one is getting a little fatter since ive got them but other is still skinny. I just want them to be happy. Thanks

Old 02-14-2013, 04:03 AM   #5
mmdragons
that dragon was given terrible care if it is only 6" and 2 years old. 6" is the size of a month old dragon. Its a good thing you took them. Give them crickets and greens. They probably have such stunted growth i would doubt they will get any bigger.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:05 PM   #6
angie.h
I think he means the dragons are that size snout to vent, so they would be possibly in the 13- 14 inch range. That's still very small, but with good food as Max mentioned which could also include dubia roaches and medium superworms, hornworms and silkworms as well as turnip, mustard, collard greens they could gain just a little more size. You also need good heat + UVB bulbs.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #7
mmdragons
Im sorry missed that part. Thought it said tail to nose.

Old 02-16-2013, 08:36 PM   #8
DeMeNtEdDoGz
Still on the small side at 13-14" but i have definitely seen smaller dragons at that age that were not being treated correctly. Just got an email from someone not too long ago who had two dragons housed together, one male one female.....male was upwards of 600 grames, female barely 200 and not even a foot long. Most of my dragons at 4 months old were larger then this girl at 4-5 years old :-\

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!