Shoe Monster? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Pituophis & Drymarchon Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-27-2010, 11:04 PM   #1
Pachikat
Shoe Monster?

... So, I was doing my routine inspection on the latest additions when I got distracted. I discovered her making her way into my shoe. I didn't pull her out fast enough and she ended up being a minor pain. She was enjoying the cozy hide apparently.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:13 PM   #2
jeffwyatt81
That is too cute! She really likes those Vans! Lol!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:15 PM   #3
Pachikat
She's expressed pretty decent taste so far ;D

Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 PM   #4
jeffwyatt81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pachikat View Post
She's expressed pretty decent taste so far ;D
Id say so

Old 08-28-2010, 01:53 AM   #5
Utta
Cmon, gotta post the bloody hand after that pic :P

Old 08-28-2010, 02:19 AM   #6
Pachikat
I can honestly say that in all the time I've had snakes, I've yet to be tagged by one. I've dodged a few attempts on the one unruly female pine. Now... if she keeps the same attitude when she's a bit bigger, I might have a harder time dodging -that- one. T-T It'll happen on day, but for now I have a clean record. ;D

I've got a video of me pulling her out of the shoe. Hard as 'ell to do with one hand holding the camera, a cat trying to attack the shoe, unlacing the shoe to get the snake out, and then trying to pull her out when she doesn't want to leave.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:26 AM   #7
Utta
Quote:
I can honestly say that in all the time I've had snakes, I've yet to be tagged by one. I've dodged a few attempts on the one unruly female pine. Now... if she keeps the same attitude when she's a bit bigger, I might have a harder time dodging -that- one. T-T It'll happen on day, but for now I have a clean record. ;D

I've got a video of me pulling her out of the shoe. Hard as 'ell to do with one hand holding the camera, a cat trying to attack the shoe, unlacing the shoe to get the snake out, and then trying to pull her out when she doesn't want to leave.
Do post ;-x that would be great. Ok? Ok.

And really? No bites? Lucky >_< my indigo even bit me

Old 08-28-2010, 02:50 AM   #8
Pachikat
Lol. I'm extremely careful and I pay A LOT of attention to body language (Not saying that you don't or anything) I'm just overcautious to a fault sometimes. It's a habit I've developed after working with snakes that are muuuuuch more larger than me. >.> I've taken some pretty mean whacks from the tail of a green iguana though. Y________Y

Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 AM   #9
Utta
Quote:
Lol. I'm extremely careful and I pay A LOT of attention to body language (Not saying that you don't or anything) I'm just overcautious to a fault sometimes. It's a habit I've developed after working with snakes that are muuuuuch more larger than me. >.> I've taken some pretty mean whacks from the tail of a green iguana though. Y________Y
Yeea... I could care less I get tagged, I get tagged I'm not lookin foreward to when my nondwarf retic tags me. But if it happens it was ment to X_o

My indigo is sly tho >_> he'll act normal, then its like he asks if your food by sofly nosing your apendage, he then opens his mouth slowly pausing to look at you >_<

Old 08-28-2010, 03:42 AM   #10
Pachikat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utta View Post
My indigo is sly tho >_> he'll act normal, then its like he asks if your food by sofly nosing your apendage, he then opens his mouth slowly pausing to look at you >_<

Lol, that's too cute. xD xD I'd love to see that. I haven't seen any aggression in my pair of indies, other than when it's feeding time. They're getting to the point where they litterally DIVE out of their tubs before I can introduce them to the food item. Their feeding habits seem to be getting messier and messier, and they're far more quicker to strike now at any movement once the smell of dinner is in the air. Poor little F/T quail don't stand a chance. Tabris tagged one so hard the head flew off.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!