Bad Guy BEWARE! Ken, the owner of Exotic Pets LLC is not a reputable dealer! - Page 14 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:22 AM   #131
TriangleReptiles
You didn 't "pay to have them sexed". You were sold a sexed pair. You got a sexed pair. Did the ad state " 2 albino rosy boas for sale....will sex them for an additional fee"? NO it didn't . You bought a sexed pair, and got a sexed pair. Because you are ignorant of methods to determine the sex, or because you didn't specify to Ken that they be shipped in separate, labeled containers, (because of your ignorance, or inability to determine the sex) doesn't mean Ken shippied them improperly. And as you said, they would eventually be sexed by your vet anyway. You weren't out any money.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #132
Focal
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakinANapster View Post
Eventually, of course....

That does not eliminate the fact that I paid to have them sexed by the breeder as well.
Of course not, and as others have stated, this has been an issue in the past that has not seen any change, so that's how he does things. I think you've laid that problem out on the table, and as you said, you have made your warning and future buyers should know to request separate packaging. Honestly, I think if you do pay to take every snake to the vet, this should be done immediately for the sake of refunds and meeting TOS. You're already practicing good technique, you just need to let it better serve you, and having these snakes sexed for your own peace of mind, can go a long way.

Now the mites are a serious topic and probably the only thing you have to go on at this point. Harping on the sex of the snakes, well you see that's not what people want to hear about anymore and you can see the difference in opinions. I would support your claim on the mites and stick with that if you want to continue this thread without running into friction. You would be surprised how many people come in here and make false claims and you can't expect people to make a rational decision, based on words from an unsatisfied customer.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:33 AM   #133
dragonlvr64
Can you post the ad or your invoice showing you "paid" for a sexed pair? I have never heard of anyone charging extra to sex a snake.
How about the email showing you needed him to sex them and that you paid extra for that?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:35 AM   #134
TakinANapster
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsnake1 View Post
You didn 't "pay to have them sexed". You were sold a sexed pair. You got a sexed pair. Did the ad state " 2 albino rosy boas for sale....will sex them for an additional fee"? NO it didn't . You bought a sexed pair, and got a sexed pair. Because you are ignorant of methods to determine the sex, or because you didn't specify to Ken that they be shipped in separate, labeled containers, (because of your ignorance, or inability to determine the sex) doesn't mean Ken shippied them improperly. And as you said, they would eventually be sexed by your vet anyway. You weren't out any money.
Sorry sir, but you are ignorant of the facts in this case.

Ken charged me an additional $20 to sex the snakes, then put them together!

And yes, I was out money. I never would have just taken 2 snakes to the Vet. My Vet charges $40 for an office visit for 1 snake or 10, it doesn't make a difference in price. I always wait until I have several snakes to take with me to the Vet before I go, thus the $40 is spread among several snakes that way.

It all boils down to the fact that Ken does not stand by his words.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:46 AM   #135
TakinANapster
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonlvr64 View Post
Can you post the ad or your invoice showing you "paid" for a sexed pair? I have never heard of anyone charging extra to sex a snake.
How about the email showing you needed him to sex them and that you paid extra for that?
I received nothing in the box except snakes, no invoice.

The discussion on sexing was by phone, so I have no proof to back it up. I imagine, because it was not in an email, Ken may have "forgot"....and went ahead and boxed them together in the same tub....but that gives him no excuse to claim it never happened. In the matter of a little over a week, I spent over an hour on the phone with them, mostly on hold....getting only seconds at a time to talk with Ken. Each time we would begin talking, he would put me on hold again and we would have to start the conversation again.

$40 was valuable to me, but so is my time. I just wanted to do the right thing and warn people. If you don't want to take my warnings, buy from Ken. It's your choice....I will never buy from him again that is for sure.

For now, I am done, unless someone gives me an email to forward all the emails to. This is just too time consuming for a "favor".

-Joe

Old 10-03-2011, 10:47 AM   #136
Kristi23
Quote:
Sorry sir, but you are ignorant of the facts in this case.

Ken charged me an additional $20 to sex the snakes, then put them together!

And yes, I was out money. I never would have just taken 2 snakes to the Vet. My Vet charges $40 for an office visit for 1 snake or 10, it doesn't make a difference in price. I always wait until I have several snakes to take with me to the Vet before I go, thus the $40 is spread among several snakes that way.

It all boils down to the fact that Ken does not stand by his words.
I'd like to see the proof that he charged you extra to sex them. It's just silly. If you're buying a sexed pair, then they're a sexed pair.

I'm sad to see someone in IL being like this. I plan on working with rosy boas and I will never deal with you after this. You will eventually see what you've done to yourself with this thread. Ken is definitely looking like a good guy (and no, I don't know him).

Old 10-03-2011, 10:48 AM   #137
Kristi23
Quote:
I received nothing in the box except snakes, no invoice.

The discussion on sexing was by phone, so I have no proof to back it up. I imagine, because it was not in an email, Ken may have "forgot"....and went ahead and boxed them together in the same tub....but that gives him no excuse to claim it never happened. In the matter of a little over a week, I spent over an hour on the phone with them, mostly on hold....getting only seconds at a time to talk with Ken. Each time we would begin talking, he would put me on hold again and we would have to start the conversation again.

$40 was valuable to me, but so is my time. I just wanted to do the right thing and warn people. If you don't want to take my warnings, buy from Ken. It's your choice....I will never buy from him again that is for sure.

For now, I am done, unless someone gives me an email to forward all the emails to. This is just too time consuming for a "favor".

-Joe
If $40 is so important to you, why are you buying so many snakes? I would think that you would be saving any money you had.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #138
Focal
Quote:
$40 was valuable to me, but so is my time.
You said you were going to do it anyway. Aren't you out the same amount of money and time even if they were packaged separately?

Quote:
For now, I am done
So the topic on mites has been dropped and should be considered an unsupported claim?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:49 AM   #139
TakinANapster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
Of course not, and as others have stated, this has been an issue in the past that has not seen any change, so that's how he does things. I think you've laid that problem out on the table, and as you said, you have made your warning and future buyers should know to request separate packaging. Honestly, I think if you do pay to take every snake to the vet, this should be done immediately for the sake of refunds and meeting TOS. You're already practicing good technique, you just need to let it better serve you, and having these snakes sexed for your own peace of mind, can go a long way.

Now the mites are a serious topic and probably the only thing you have to go on at this point. Harping on the sex of the snakes, well you see that's not what people want to hear about anymore and you can see the difference in opinions. I would support your claim on the mites and stick with that if you want to continue this thread without running into friction. You would be surprised how many people come in here and make false claims and you can't expect people to make a rational decision, based on words from an unsatisfied customer.
Thank you.
Did you see my posting of the picture of the mites?

Old 10-03-2011, 10:52 AM   #140
TakinANapster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal X View Post
You said you were going to do it anyway. Aren't you out the same amount of money and time even if they were packaged separately?

So the topic on mites has been dropped and should be considered an unsupported claim?
No, I don't want this treated as "unsupported"....I tried for awhile to figure out how to upload that picture with the mites. It is definitely supported.

Thanks,

Joe

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!