MY Fats - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-13-2004, 02:18 AM   #1
robin d.
Talking MY Fats

here are my fats, three normal females (i think) and two temp sexed males !00% het amel

Peaches

Poker

Patch (excuse her doody)

Spleef - het amel TS-male

Chingasos- het amel TS-male

Old 09-13-2004, 11:45 AM   #2
ibabamba
nice pics

Old 09-13-2004, 08:10 PM   #3
progeckos
Nice fatties Robin!! Looks like they are growing up nicely and they have outstanding color. I’ve noticed that hets usually have the best color………

Old 09-13-2004, 11:44 PM   #4
geckoguy_ottawa
Those guys are really cute Robin. Good luck with them. I agree with Cody, my hets seem to have nicer color then my normals as well.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:29 PM   #5
groovygeckos
any idea if prettier hets

is some type of genetic marker ? like in snakes

Old 10-02-2004, 07:35 PM   #6
progeckos
I don’t think it’s genetic but hets usually have brighter colors than a normal colored fat tail has. If you put a het with a bunch of normals you’ll be able to spot the het easily.

Old 10-02-2004, 07:42 PM   #7
groovygeckos
i know thats why i ask

ive read somewhere about snakes w/ reccesive traits ,the hets actually have some sort of what is called a " genetic- marker" like better color ,etc. or some other way of knowing by looking at them (i assume from the name) that they are hets ! pretty sure leos dont have this ! maybe fatties do ?

Old 10-02-2004, 07:51 PM   #8
progeckos
I know that with leos a het seems to have more spots than normal. I don’t think it’s always the case but it’s a small guide line to go by. I’m sure every species has a “genetic-marker” that distinguishes hets from normals but we just have to figure it out.

Old 10-02-2004, 10:48 PM   #9
KelliH
I can't see the pics..

Old 10-02-2004, 10:51 PM   #10
progeckos
They were there once Kelli. Robin must have deleted the pics so she needs to re-upload them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!