My Babies - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 01-08-2010, 09:31 AM   #11
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Tuniwha View Post
Either a sun conure or jenday conure.

Deb.. I am looking at your birds, and now thinking that mine might be neglected. LMFAO (I have a Dusky Pionus named Horus, and a Quaker named Artemis(her brother Apollo died about 6 months ago)

Now... Horus.. has a large, macaw sized kings cage.. lol. and after I sell the double stack that Artemis and Apollo shared, Artemis will also be getting a mansion..

BUT..

holy CRAP look at your food. LMFAO I thought I spoiled mine. LOL Good job girl!

And I don't know who I love more, the rose breasted, or the caique! or the others dangit!!! I fostered an Eclectis for a while.. REALLY hated giving her up.. (but hubby said him or the bird.. only took me a week to FINALLY decide)

ok, now I have rambled.. lol, sorry.. Great looking "kids" you have.. they have your eyes :P
Thanks! Sorry to hear about Apollo.

Like they say about cages, "Bigger is better" My bigger birds are housed in AA Merdians, actually they spend more time out of cage than in.

I love the Bean Cruisine mix, it makes cooking for them SO much easier. Sometimes I use a cracked corn base and add to that instead of a bean base. I try to give them basically the same thing because Ayesha forages in the other birds' cages when they are out and I don't want her having too much of anything that is "iffy" for Ekkies. When they eat pellets, they eat TOPs..used to eat Harrisons before I got Ayesha (they also have seed days when I am laaaazy)

To the bolded: so how is the bird doing, when did hubby move out? BTW: I had that same ultimatium from a lover...he's no longer around.

I have been told they look just like Mama!

Old 01-08-2010, 09:49 AM   #12
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by polasian View Post
There are just not enough nutrients in there. I'm a 29-year-old guy and have the physique of a 12-year-old Indonesian girl!?!?! I thought if I took enough Flintstone vitamins, things would even out...I was wrong! (but I do have Barney PJ's!)

And here I thought I was so clever in narrowing Bobbie down to a Conure...I had no clue there were so many diff types.
As long as YOU feel good about yourself, it's all good. However, I would advise you to stay away from sandy beaches populated by big bullies.

Man..there are so many...

Old 01-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #13
polasian
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
BTW: I had that same ultimatium from a lover...he's no longer around.
But Deb, I still love you...I want you to always remember that! (those darned birds )

Old 01-08-2010, 10:16 AM   #14
deborahbroadus
Quote:
But Deb, I still love you...I want you to always remember that! (those darned birds )
I wasn't going to kiss and tell..you notice I didn't mention names?

Old 01-08-2010, 06:55 PM   #15
Miss Tuniwha
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Thanks! Sorry to hear about Apollo.

Like they say about cages, "Bigger is better" My bigger birds are housed in AA Merdians, actually they spend more time out of cage than in.

I love the Bean Cruisine mix, it makes cooking for them SO much easier. Sometimes I use a cracked corn base and add to that instead of a bean base. I try to give them basically the same thing because Ayesha forages in the other birds' cages when they are out and I don't want her having too much of anything that is "iffy" for Ekkies. When they eat pellets, they eat TOPs..used to eat Harrisons before I got Ayesha (they also have seed days when I am laaaazy)

To the bolded: so how is the bird doing, when did hubby move out? BTW: I had that same ultimatium from a lover...he's no longer around.

I have been told they look just like Mama!
Yeah, my guys get pellets (they only seem to like the Zupreem fruity stuff) and some fruits and veggies, and then some seeds once a week or so...

It was really rough when Apollo died.. he was fine and talking/swearing one night, then I did my morning check and he was dead. I did take him in for a necropsy, and they said it was just a birth issue that finally caught up with him (had them for 7 years at that point)

As for Ruby.. the one I fostered. we found her a home, in a bird persons home (many years with large birds) and she died just a few months later. I was crushed.. she LOVED me. the woman I was helping by fostering had her for 4 years, since she was baby, said that Ruby never "warmed up" to her.. I had the bird for a day and I could swing her upside down, cuddle her in my arms and give her kisses, etc...

So after learning of Ruby's death, I always worried that maybe she would still be happy and squaky with me .. *sigh*

oh.. and Nick...

Quote:
There are just not enough nutrients in there. I'm a 29-year-old guy and have the physique of a 12-year-old Indonesian girl!?!?!
prove it.. aka.. pics or it didn't happen. LOL

Old 03-01-2010, 04:30 AM   #16
WiseReptiles
Them are great looking birds(kids). My wife's grandma has a Quaker and I have to say that bird does not like me. Every time we go down and visit that bird looks at me like it's gonna get me. But I have always wanted a bird that talks but after her grandmas I think I will wait awhile and live with kids, reptiles and dogs. Oh yeah, and my wife.

Old 03-01-2010, 05:31 AM   #17
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseReptiles View Post
Them are great looking birds(kids). My wife's grandma has a Quaker and I have to say that bird does not like me. Every time we go down and visit that bird looks at me like it's gonna get me. But I have always wanted a bird that talks but after her grandmas I think I will wait awhile and live with kids, reptiles and dogs. Oh yeah, and my wife.
Thanks!

Used to have Quakers, they can be difficult birds.

It's good to see a man that has his priorities straight! .

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!