REWARD FOR RECOVERY OF LOST PARROT! - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Birds > General Discussions

Notices

General Discussions This is a general purpose forum open to all topics related to Birds.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:41 AM   #31
LauraB
I understand your grief, Deborah. I still miss and think about a special Toco toucan who died at a ripe old age last year ... and my goofy little Chihuahua who died this past June at 15 years; I still hear her annoying bark!

But please remember, even if Shrek was your heart, you are still their hearts.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:54 AM   #32
Shadera
Quote:
Originally Posted by deborahbroadus View Post
Please, continue praying, because I have lost interest in my birds... Shrek was my heart.
Don't say that Deb. I know how much you love those birds, and they love you right back. They can help you heal when it's time.

I've never lost a bird so I won't say I know your pain, but I can say that I can't imagine how much it would kill me if one of my fabies flew out the door.

I continue to hope for his safe return to you.

Old 09-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #33
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagickalMorphs View Post
Don't say that Deb. I know how much you love those birds, and they love you right back. They can help you heal when it's time.

I've never lost a bird so I won't say I know your pain, but I can say that I can't imagine how much it would kill me if one of my fabies flew out the door.

I continue to hope for his safe return to you.
He has not been returned. I have two options of what to believe and neither of them make me feel any better:

1. Someone is keeping him (you know that some of these bird people are nuts and if they find a bird it is entirely possible they will justify keeping him ..I have seen it happen)

2. A hawk got him.

The whole dynamics of my flock changed when he left..sigh.

Rosie, the Green Cheek Conure was bonded to Shrek and this was perfect because he LOVED to be Allopreened and she loved to preen, she didn't shred his feathers. With Shrek gone, Rosie has chosen Ayesha (EKKIE) to bond to and Ayesha does not have feathers that take well to allopreening...sigh. I have tried keeping them separated, but it's impossible given the bird room set up and I am not going back to cages (cleaning them was much worse for my back than cleaning racks). So...to make a long story short, I had to give up Rosie.

Now it appears that Jasmine (RB2) is becoming destructive, so instead of letting her go cheap, I will sell her to ensure she gets someone that values her.

Pictures are worth a thousand words...so here:

The first picture is Ayesha and Rosie..see how Ayesha's feathers aren't holding up well to Rosie's preening?

Second picture is the set up..it's right off my bedroom (doors).

Third pic tried to get a better pic of her feathers, Rosie is gone, and already her feathers are looking better.

The crazy bird people think I am doing this because I am "heartless." I would that that statement were so.
Attached Images

Old 09-29-2010, 01:26 AM   #34
SamanthaJane13
DAMN, Deb!!

Poor little Shrek and his flock!!

I just noticed this tonight, and I'm soooo sorry he got loose!!

I'll be saying LOTS of prayers to send Shrek home!!!

BIG HUGS-
Donna

Lord, bless and protect Shrek, and send him back to his Mom, Deb, who misses him so badly!!!

Keep him safe from harm and in Your Loving Hands until he gets back to her!

Send a loving human to find him and bring him back to his family!!

Thank you for the gifts of our animal companions, Lord.

Teach us to care for them as You care for every creature You've created!

Amen

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!