Hatchling Albino Retic, No tongue flicking? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues

Notices

Veterinarian Practice & General Health Issues Anything to do with veterinarians, health issues, pathogens, hygiene, or sanitation.

Old 03-21-2012, 12:07 AM   #1
AfrocskNeedsLoveToo
Hatchling Albino Retic, No tongue flicking?

I recently bought a hatchling baby albino female retic. She still had her egg tooth and umbilical cord.

She's about a foot and a half long and has a few kinks on the back 1/3 of her body, but she's not paralyzed by them.

My only concern is since I've had her she has not flicked her tongue once.

Is this because she is too young, or since she has kinks has it affected her tongue in a way?

Any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-22-2012, 07:28 AM   #2
AfrocskNeedsLoveToo
I just opened her mouth to look at her tongue and it's limp and seemed under developed, as it stuck out of her mouth sideways like a dog. As she grows will it develop proper or do I have to assist feed her all her life?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:55 AM   #3
hadenglock
hard to tell by not seeing a pic of it, however your best bet would be to take it to a vet asap

Old 04-17-2012, 11:30 AM   #4
lorelai
any updates? im really curious on what the diagnosis may be

Old 04-17-2012, 01:24 PM   #5
AfrocskNeedsLoveToo
She's being assist fed rat pinks and egg yolk. She's doing pretty good, very active and going into a second shed.

Old 04-20-2012, 10:03 PM   #6
Helenthereef
Your original post suggested quite severe birth defects.... is she now fully active, and have her "kinks' straightened out?

Old 04-21-2012, 09:07 AM   #7
AfrocskNeedsLoveToo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Your original post suggested quite severe birth defects.... is she now fully active, and have her "kinks' straightened out?
Only one of her biggest kinks has straightened out. The biggest one still hasn't show any signs of being better anytime soon. She is extremely active though. Never stops moving except when she thinks she's a GTP on the deco in her tank for a nap.

Old 05-16-2012, 05:57 PM   #8
AfrocskNeedsLoveToo
Update: Shedding again, still needs to be assist fed, but has a good appetite. No signs of being able to drink, unless she does it when I'm not watching, so she gets soaked to keep her hydrated. Still a good body weight, has even gotten bigger.

Old 05-16-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
lorelai
Thank you for the update. I've thought about this often. I am so glad you've kept her & are taking such good care of her!!! She is very lucky.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
AfrocskNeedsLoveToo
Yup! I'm very happy she's lived this long. I didn't have much hope at first but look at her now!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!