Server move 08/26/2017! Followup on problems. - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:32 PM   #61
WebSlave
Yeah, I've been talking this over with my programmer, and he feels I should STRONGLY consider sticking with this new server hosting company I am with, as they are being VERY responsive to tackling problems. Quite unlike the previous outfit I was with. So hopefully this can get resolved before too many people get frustrated and leave.

Old 09-03-2017, 01:34 PM   #62
WebSlave
Heck, I'm hoping I don't get frustrated and leave!

Old 09-03-2017, 01:35 PM   #63
DLenaRuth999s
No one of value is going to leave over a few days' inconvenience! This site is unique.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:27 PM   #64
Helenthereef
Again, working fine from over here.... This reply screen was instantaneous.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:29 PM   #65
Helenthereef
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helenthereef View Post
Again, working fine from over here.... This reply screen was instantaneous.
I'll edit that now - it was instantaneous to come up, but there was quite a lag when I pressed send. (I mean a few seconds, not minutes,...)

Old 09-03-2017, 09:41 PM   #66
WebSlave
Yeah, that has been the issue, and it seems to be intermittent. I click on the "Submit Reply" button and there is a delay between clicking the button and having the post accepted by the server and the next screen loaded into the browser.

The server tech guys are having one of their coders write a custom script to try to gather data so they can nail down the problem. None of the system log files are really showing anything. And, of course, my programmer is looking at this also. Between then all, this should get figured out pretty quickly.

Old 09-03-2017, 09:45 PM   #67
WebSlave
Just adding another reply here to see if this problem is tied to one or more particular threads.

Old 09-05-2017, 06:20 PM   #68
WebSlave
Well, I think the server guys are really making headway with the posting problem. Everything I have tried recently seemed to work normally without any delay. But still not something I want to turn my back on quite yet.

HAH!! And then when I tried posting this, I got an error message that my browser could not connect to this site. Maybe they are rebooting the server. Which I really wish they wouldn't do during prime time. It's going to blow the database again.

And now it is back again....

Old 09-05-2017, 07:45 PM   #69
bcr229
Not sure if it's related to the server move, but I've tried to give various people positive karma over the past few days and it doesn't bring up the little popup box to enter a message or apply it to the user.

And yes I know it's a little thing.

Old 09-05-2017, 08:22 PM   #70
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Not sure if it's related to the server move, but I've tried to give various people positive karma over the past few days and it doesn't bring up the little popup box to enter a message or apply it to the user.

And yes I know it's a little thing.
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...d.php?t=632787

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!