Time to move on....... :( - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 04-01-2018, 03:49 PM   #1
WebSlave
Exclamation Time to move on....... :(

I've been chewing over this idea and offer I had for quite a while now, and two weeks ago I came to a decision that will be reflected in some changes that will take place tonight at midnight. Obviously this was a difficult decision on my part, but all things considered, as I will touch on briefly, I feel this is the best move for me and in my best long term interests (and sanity).

Traffic to this site has been gradually dying off and is now so bad that I can hardly even bear to come to the site any longer. ALL of the legitimate appearing logons to this site have really been me making false accounts to try to prop up the statistics to make it appear that things are going well here. Seems like we are being over run with offshore spammers, since they have been the only REAL new registrations, and then the few people still hanging around here can't seem to remember their passwords or even their member names and I am constantly being bombarded with requests to help them. Of course, none of them can remember anything about their account, and I guess they expect me to browse through all of the accounts here in the hopes I will just stumble upon their account for them. After losing my cool and cussing out the last 2 dozen or more people who have pulled this on me, I guess that is a sign that I am just losing all of my remaining patience and it is just time for me to move on with the, perhaps, last stage of my life.

I have been made a lucrative offer from some Cameroon investors who have apparently decided that the only way they can gain a foothold on this site (my moderators have been banning several of them daily as they register for YEARS now), is to outright buy this site in order to gain the online presence they desire in this marketplace. Part of the contract will be for me to temporarily retain the administrator powers here in order to make the transition take place as smoothly as possible. But that will not be for very long, of course. I figure 2 days is enough. I just could not wiggle out of that requirement that they insisted on. So, one of the demands I have made for this stipulation is that I change my member user name to reflect this change in my duties. The other requirement that I have demanded is that I insisted that the site domain name be changed slightly as well to reflect what I feel will be more appropriate to the change in content within this site. I will be setting up redirects at the server level so the change will be transparent to everyone.

Personally I am just glad that I will be able to bail out of here with a wad of Western Union and postal money order payments from the Cameroon investors instead of just bailing out completely by pulling the plug and just walking away with nothing to show for it. Of course, they did over pay me, so I need to send some money back to them, but no big deal. What's a few thousand dollars compared to what they have paid me?

Ah well, I should tell more about this change, but heck, I urgently need to go clip my fingernails. Their clicking on my keyboard is beginning to get on my nerves right now.

Anyway, effective midnight tonight two changes in this site will be taking place to signal this above mentioned transition:
  1. I will be changing my registered member name to "SpamMaster".
  2. The name of this site will become "SpammaClassifieds.com".

WebSlave, OUT!

Old 04-01-2018, 03:53 PM   #2
bcr229
Ok you got me up until the third paragraph.

Old 04-01-2018, 04:14 PM   #3
Croghans Reptiles
Lol'd so hard my cat got scared

Old 04-01-2018, 04:19 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Okay, not cool! You got me too, through the first 1.5 paragraphs.
"Why aren't we discussing this first?", I thought.
"Is this it, the big sign off...crap!".

Then April fools kicked in and I read the rest. Not cool amigo!
Spammaclassifieds.com = I registered it years ago, sorry.

Old 04-01-2018, 05:23 PM   #5
Lucille
Haha!

Old 04-02-2018, 04:42 PM   #6
JColt
Good one Rich. I put out of order signs on all the bathroom doors at work then told everyone but one gal who's my buddy that it was just a joke on her. One cup of coffee and this girl will pee 5 times. She ended going into the jail to use staff post toilet. I then snuck into plumbing chase and turned off water. You could hear her all the way down the hallway going, What the Hell!? She walks out and I turned water back on which makes it auto flush. She gets back to her desk and pages me about what is wrong with toilets. I say, Nothing that I know of. I took all signs down and told her I have no idea and no one else has complained. Then I had to laugh. I got hit 4 or 5 times but she's 4 ft nothing and 105#'s.

Old 04-02-2018, 06:58 PM   #7
hotlips
New name (SpammaClassifieds) very catchy. Should be a great success, thumbs up.

Old 04-02-2018, 07:08 PM   #8
Beyond GenetiX
Ok, I just seen this and started reading before checking the date. That’s just wrong!

Old 04-02-2018, 09:35 PM   #9
Helenthereef
Nearly had a heart attack until I got to the magic word "Cameroon" - I was certainly April fooled (especially since I didn't read this until the 3rd).........

Old 04-02-2018, 11:02 PM   #10
hotlips
I've thought it over some more, Rich, and you're grounded!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!