I was ripped off by a Bad Guy - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 01:10 AM   #1
JoeRas
I was ripped off by a Bad Guy

Does anyone have any advice for me? I bought a Argentine Boa that is 7ft long from kingsnake.com which I have bought many snakes. The breeder I bought it from was Exoticsexpress.com and the guys name is John Allis .At least thats the name that our paypal recipt went to. He said it was kitten tame and in great health. He was 4 days late shipping him to us but we understood because he said he had a family emergency.
When he finally arrived he was in bad shape. He was foaming at the mouth and his uper lip was swelled up bad. He had a raw bleeding nose and had blood in the foam. He was having a real problem breathing and had fluid lumps on his body. The worst part though was he was shipped to us in a pillow case inside of a box with a little shreded paper on top.
No styrofoam.
We emailed him and he said if we sent him back he would get him fixed but he was in no shape to travel. We took him to the vet and he said he had pneumonia and got him on anti's right away. It made us sick the shape he was in .He is a really neat snake.
We emailed him the bill and he will not answer our email. The shipping to ship him back and forth would be over $200 and the vet bill was $150. It has been over a week and we don't know what to do now.
He is starting to get better now! What do we do???? I tried to attach a picture but it says its to big but I will attach the last email we got from him.
Attached Files
File Type: txt exoticsexpress@aol.com email.txt (558 Bytes, 54 views)

Old 04-20-2008, 01:25 AM   #2
RCampbell
For starters you should realize that you are in violation of federal law commercially shipping an Argentine Boa Constrictor over State lines, as they are a CITES 1 listed species...

Old 04-20-2008, 01:42 AM   #3
romad119
"Trade of captive bred animals or cultivated plants of Appendix I species are considered Appendix II specimens..."

Old 04-20-2008, 01:46 AM   #4
romad119
Article VII, CITES:

4. Specimens of an animal species included in Appendix I bred in captivity for commercial purposes, or of a plant species included in Appendix I artificially propagated for commercial purposes, shall be deemed to be specimens of species included in Appendix II.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:58 AM   #5
JoeRas
I just bought it not shipped it!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread