Bearded dragon Breeder Kristy Estep? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:34 PM   #1
salzookeeper
Bearded dragon Breeder Kristy Estep?

This story will probably get pretty long, so just bear with me.

Well, first things first, In about mid July I bought a bearded dragon from Kristy and at the time there were no problems. I sent her a check for the animal, expecting to recieve him in early August. When the bearded dragon did not arrive on the agreed upon date, I contacted her by phone, to which she replied that the weather between our two states was too hot to ship any animals out so we agreed on another date, in which i was supposed to contact her the day before shipping to confirm whether or not the animal would be sent. This I did, and got the same response.

This went on for several weeks until one day I went to contact her the day before shipping and found out that her phone had been disconnected. Any attempts at e-mailing her were futile as she claimed that he computer had crashed and she was no longer able to access her e-mail account.

I tried for several weeks to contact her by phone and the phone was always disconnected. So then I proceeded to write a lette via postal mail to her to inquire as to what happened, to which i never received any response.

Then in October i began contacting some people she frequented at shows with, everyone giving me the same response. "They haven't seen her in months." I'm still in contact with those people and nobody has found out anything and nobody has seen her.

So here it is in November and I am still without a bearded dragon and without any means of contacting her. The phone is still disconnected and i still cannot contact her by e-mail. The check I sent her cleared my bank in August, so i cannot put a stop payment on the check.

I have saved all correspondence by e-mail that i have for reference.

The e-mail that was originally provided me is: mrhognose@sbcglobal.net, and that is all I have aside from the disconnected phone humber. If someone has any information for me I would appreciate the help.

Old 11-08-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
The Reptile House
File for mail fraud if you sent her a check and contact your bank to file a claim to see about getting your money back.
Shanell

Old 11-10-2007, 10:10 AM   #3
salzookeeper
I filed for the mail fraud yesterday, so I don't yet know how that is turning out yet, so hopefully it gets somewhere. Unfortunately, my bank has a policy that if you write and sign a check, you only have one day from the date that it clears to dispute it. Which sucks, seeing as I still had contact with her when it cleared so at the time i had no idea that she would just disappear... Guess that teaches me not to buy animals that aren't within driving distance because i could have had this beardie ages ago when I still DID have contact with her.

Old 11-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
aplusreptiles
I hope you get things figured out.

I used to talk to Kristy on a daily basis and we saw each other at many shows. And then one day she just disappeared. I would like to help you, and sent you a private message.

Old 03-31-2008, 11:15 PM   #5
salzookeeper
Kristy Estep, MrHogNose, Kristy Heath... BAD GUY

I posted on here a while back inquiring about bearded dragon breeder Kristy Estep because i had purchased a bearded dragon from her back in July of '07 and never received the animal. After a few weeks of getting in touch with her, and her always telling me that conditions were not right to ship a bearded dragon, she suddenly disappeared. All of the contact information she had given me was no longer usable, and nobody seemed to know where she went. Nobody saw her at shows or were personally able to contact her.

While browsing a forum that i had posted on inquiring about her, a member gave me a tip on a phone number, website, and e-mail address going to an Indiana toy poodle breeder that might be her. After doing a little research behind this information, I have discovered that the information provided is correct, and she now goes by Kristy Heath in her ads.

Apparently, i am not the only person who has been screwed over by her. According to a reliable resource, several people have recieved sick beardies from her or have had money stolen from them and they were in the same boat as me. They could not contact her at all and were unable to take legal action because nobody was able to find her. I don't know if the sick bearded dragon comments are true personally, but I know she has stolen money from people, at least she has stolen money from me as it has been almost a year of me trying to find her and sending mail to her mailing address with no response, and i have not recieved the bearded dragon, nor have I received a refund for the animal in question.

Personally, I would now caution anybody against making any business transactions with her as i would hate to see this happen to even more people. I personally would never buy from her again and I do not find her a reputable breeder at all for her inability to hold up her end of business deals.

Old 04-01-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
squinn
Kristy and John just sort of disappeared all of a sudden, i kind of wondered what happened to them, herp people in that part of the country are a pretty tight knit group of people it was odd when they just sort of disappeared from the shows and local forums. At one point Kristy was offering a lifetime replacement agreement on her bearded dragons which I never really understood how someone could afford to do that.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:20 PM   #7
replvr
Apparently she couldn't otherwise she would have shipped this girls dragon OR given her a refund.

Old 04-01-2008, 07:29 PM   #8
DThomas
Your two threads have been merged. Please keep all information pertaining your deal in one thread. It get's too confusing spread across multiple threads. Additionally, if you can't, or won't name your sources, reliable or not, that is anonymous third party information and not allowed on the BOI.

Old 04-01-2008, 09:52 PM   #9
salzookeeper
I apologize. I'm kind of a first-timer when it comes to these things. I got the tip for the e-mail address, phone number and website from the Kentucky Reptile Expo website from a memeber name Sydney. I ran all information and ads that i found from Google, by cheryl on this forum, and she's the one who confirmed Kristy's identity for me.

Additionally, i sent an e-mail yesterday to Kristy requesting a refund of my money, have received a reply which confirms that the information i obtained was correct.

Old 04-22-2008, 08:05 AM   #10
Verlu
I have no information regarding the alleged mail fraud, but I can furnish interested ex-clients of Kristy's with some helpful information. Kristy was married within the last year and now goes by her married name, Heath. She has also switched to raising toy poodles. You can find her contact info and web page at the following links.

WEB SITE: http://home.comcast.net/~parti-poodle/site/

CONTACT INFO:
http://www.domesticsale.com/user_150...sty-heath.html

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!