Luc Cauthorn and Matt Cauthorn of Mckenzie_river_reptiles are bad buyers - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-15-2008, 07:54 AM   #51
MikeRusso
Dan,

I am not sure if you remember my name or not.. but, i bought a very nice dark female blairs phase gray band from you a couple of years ago.. and for the record the transaction was flawless!

I have been following this mess from the get go and i have to disagree with you on your the shipping error not being your fault... There is simply no way around the fact that it is absolutely 100% your responsibility to make sure that the correct labels end up on the correct boxes.. I realize that it's too late now, but maybe next time write the buyers name on the outside of the box??

Now, i am not saying your 100% wrong here... You did eventually get the right "live" animals to the right buyers.. Who in my opinion harassed you a bit with multiple emails which pissed you off (this would have pissed me off as well).. And, we have caught them in a few lies here on the BOI (which none of us like to see).. So, what you end up doing to end this $150 mess is up to you.. but, i think we both know that at this point it's not really the money and more the point.

Lets face it, we are not talking about a large sum of money here. I am certainly not saying this is what you should do to rectify this situation, but if I was dealing with this i would just refund their money for one skink and wash my hands of this mess!

~ Mike Russo

Old 04-15-2008, 09:24 AM   #52
MikeCurtin
Quote:
Originally Posted by E2MacPets
And Dan we know has a TOS that allows him to waive all responsibility when his contracted shipping agent makes a handling error that may result in undo stress to purchased animals. Furthermore we've seen Dan accuse Luc and Matt of extortion with absolutely zero valid proof. We've also seen Dan dig up dirt on Luc and claim to be receiving this information from an unnamed third party. Is risking having your name dragged through the mud in the event you do have a legitimate dispute worth the trouble to make it worth dealing with Dan?

Just my opinion.
Last fall I purchased a JCP from Andrew Hare...reputable guy, right? His TOS states that he is not responsible for carrier error and live arrival is not guaranteed in such a case. Well, because of a shipping screw up, the snake that was supposed to arrive Tuesday, got to me on Thurs.

Much like Dan, he told me that if there was any problem, he would replace the animal or refund my money.....had I force fed the snake snails to death...I don't know if he'd be so inclined. Also, had I demanded an '06 when all he had were '07's, and then started a bad guy thread about him, he also would not be inclined. The snake was fine and I would deal with Andrew again in a heartbeat. His TOS are there to protect him.

As I stated, I don't like the way Dan has stooped to this brat's level, but as has been mentioned here before, adversity reveals character.

Old 04-15-2008, 12:24 PM   #53
E2MacPets
Okay, but here's an important difference from your example- Shouldn't Dan be responsible for making sure his packages are labeled properly? That's fully within his control to make sure its done right.

Luc has acted like a child. He is one. Matt has acted like a protective father to his young child that feels he has been conned. He is a protective father.
They acted as would be appropriate for their roles in life. I sympathize with them. I also am saddened by the treatment the skink endured prior to its passing. From what I have read I can assure you that I will not be selling pink tongue skinks when mine start breeding to Luc anytime soon.

Dan is a businessman. Accusing a "problem customer" of extortion and stating that he made threats to rob Dan is not just unprofessional- it's libel. He has not taken the high road. He has not shown compassion or understanding. Having a deal go bad with a minor is always going to be a headache, but saying enoughs enough and blocking their email is not acceptable. And when it comes down to it, the shipping mistake absolutely could have been avoided had Dan ensured that he labeled the boxes rather than leaving it to a company he had contracted.

Old 04-15-2008, 01:48 PM   #54
critical bill
DELETED! Anonymous third party quotation..

Old 04-15-2008, 02:13 PM   #55
Lucille
Chuck that is serious and I'd like to see more info posted about the surrounding circumstances. And, I'd like the guy who contacted you to post so this will not remain one of those anonymous third party kind of things.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:30 PM   #56
Dan Scolaro
That is bogus. One snake strangled the other in the bag and sent the guy a refund for the snake in question and the customer was pleased. He had a report of IBD but the other snakes he received are fat and healthy, and showed no further symptoms of IBD, so it was more BS than IBD.

Dan

Old 04-15-2008, 03:35 PM   #57
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill
On 4/11/08 I received an email from a customer of Dan's who claimed to purchase a Costa Rican Boa that died and was later necropsy/diagnosed as having IBD.

That person included photos and a necropsy report of the animal within the email to me for verification purposes. While I'm not going to post the email or photo's here, I'd be happy to pass them along to moderators so they can verify that I am not lying about it or making this up.

To me...this is a very serious accusation this customer has made considering the volume of snakes/animals that Dan pumps out on a daily basis.

Again, I'd be more than happy to forward it to an admin/mod to verify that I actually did receive this unsolicited email. What I'd really like to see is this person step forward and post the email here to confront and discuss this issue with Dan directly. Its a very serious charge!!!
Doesn't matter what you forward Chuck and to whom. Unless you provide the name of the person who sent you that email, it is still considered as being anonymous. Either post the name or your post will be deleted.

Old 04-15-2008, 03:54 PM   #58
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan Scolaro
That is bogus. One snake strangled the other in the bag and sent the guy a refund for the snake in question and the customer was pleased. He had a report of IBD but the other snakes he received are fat and healthy, and showed no further symptoms of IBD, so it was more BS than IBD.

Dan
Rich, I guess I don't need to post the email or forward it to you for verification since Dan just confirmed the transaction and that the snake was in fact reported to have IBD.

Dan, that snake with IBD came from you. I don't think IBD is BS at all.

Does anyone else think IBD is BS except for Dan?

I guess this customer is really happy like Dan says he is, with knowing that the other snakes Dan shipped in THE SAME BAG have all been exposed to IBD!

I'd be real happy knowing that!! Wouldn't you?

Anyone get any animals from Dan recently that feel really happy now? After he's confirmed a case of an animal he sold as having IBD?

Wouldn't you be sooooo happy?

Old 04-15-2008, 04:05 PM   #59
critical bill
Dan Scolaro
Last Activity: 04-15-2008 04:02 PM
Replying to Thread Luc Cauthorn and Matt Cauthorn of Mckenzie_river_reptiles are bad buyers @ 04:02 PM

Uh Oh! Get ready for some long winded reply from Dan!!!!

Old 04-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #60
critical bill
Question. I dont do much shipping of snakes anymore. Is it common practice to ship multiple snakes in the same bag?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!