Bill Corwin aka reptilegems@aol.com ( BAD GUY) - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-29-2003, 05:19 PM   #31
Seamus Haley
Just a quick note...

Being out of town doesn't automatically mean there can be no communication with another individual, it simply means that communication is not always guaranteed...

Most mail systems have a way of logging in to check email from remote locations with any internet connection... Many people will at least check mail if not respond when vaccationing.

I have no idea if Bill might have done this or not, but the fact that he *might* not have gotten any emails until he got back still doesn't change the period of time the communication needed to be initiated in.

There is a bit of a question about seeing the vet too though... If Joe believed the animal was substandard from day one and had health issues and Joe believed he would be returning the animal for a refund, it's really not his place to see a vet without contacting the seller for approval first. In wanting to return it, he would be essentially refusing delivery (Although it's a lengthier refusal) and the animal would still belong to the seller... and without talking to the seller, he couldn't have been certain just what they would want done with the animal... They might have offered to pay the vet bills prior to the animal's return, they might have wanted it shipped back untreated, they might have offered something of a compromise where the vet costs are split...

None of that happened of course because his communication of the problem was delayed until it fell outside of the stated guarantee period, but Joe was still working under the impression that he would be returning the animal and as such, his hesitation on the vet is understandable, although personally if it were as bad as he's describing, I would have taken it anyway.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:55 AM   #32
milmoejoe
I apologize in advance for bringing this thread "back from the dead", but I wanted to take a minute to provide an update.

I am an unbiased chondro keeper that recently made a purchase through Bill Corwin (4.16.08). I happened to notice this thread and was admittedly worried about the claim and lengthy discussion!

Bill was sometimes slow to return email correspondence, but in the end still a top notch seller. The potentially gravid female aru chondro arrived ahead of schedule, packed perfectly, alert, perfect weight (no skin folds, kinks, etc) and immediately ready to feed. Tracking / airbill information was provided in advance for planning purposes on both ends. The pictures and description in the ad fully represented the animal.

Now that everything once published on the net is forever engraved, I felt a need to address and clarify the issue.

I would not hesitate to trade with Bill again.

All the best,

Joe Milmoe

Old 04-18-2008, 08:43 AM   #33
kmurphy
Quote:
I apologize in advance for bringing this thread "back from the dead", but I wanted to take a minute to provide an update.

I am an unbiased chondro keeper that recently made a purchase through Bill Corwin (4.16.08). I happened to notice this thread and was admittedly worried about the claim and lengthy discussion!

Bill was sometimes slow to return email correspondence, but in the end still a top notch seller. The potentially gravid female aru chondro arrived ahead of schedule, packed perfectly, alert, perfect weight (no skin folds, kinks, etc) and immediately ready to feed. Tracking / airbill information was provided in advance for planning purposes on both ends. The pictures and description in the ad fully represented the animal.

Now that everything once published on the net is forever engraved, I felt a need to address and clarify the issue.

I would not hesitate to trade with Bill again.

All the best,

Joe Milmoe
Joe, I realize you don't frequent FC but instead of resurrecting an ancient "bad guy thread" about Bill your post would be better served with a new good guy thread;or if there is already one posting it there. Often all the posts will not be read in a long thread and some people may just search for the thread titles and not read anything at all. So many may not even know you had a good experience.

Old 04-21-2008, 03:16 PM   #34
1snakeman1
My name is Bill Corwin and I'm the one that Joe Regan is ranting and lying about from a deal way back in April of 2003.....He lied about everything to try and make me look bad.. Bottom line is, I sent him a beautiful healthy pair of bearded dragons, I asked him if he wanted them shipped before my week vacation or after(If I was a bad guy as Regan says and the dragon was sick I would wanted to ship right away before the animal got sicker) I was in no hurry to send them because they were fine. I never rushed him into sending me the money over night and he sent it regular mail so he lied about that. I send all my animals in insulated boxes and always with heat packs so he also lied about that....I called DHL and they said the receiver(Regan) wasn't even home so they put the box on the cold door step for who knows how long. (he didn't mention that) and everyone knows if you receive a sick animal, notify the sender immediately upon receiving it...NOW I only bring this whole thing BACK UP because one of my customers thought so highly of the quality of my animals shipping that he said he wanted to write it here thinking it would help me and I want to thank Joe Milmoe for giving positive feedback on me because I have done nothing but sell healthy quality reptiles to whom ever I sell them to and will stand by my all my animals...and by Joe Milmoe wanting to stand up for me I think was great but it brought this old thread back up to the front of this category from WAY BACK in 2003...dealers once in a while get someone like Regan who likes to cause trouble because they mishandled one of there new arrivals and want to blame it on the seller......I felt bad for the bearded dragon female but he did cause the sickness of that animal and I didn't feel I had to replace do to his neglect of proper care....After seeing that this brought back this old thread and realizing that no one would probably read the whole thing and just see the BAD GUY heading..My customer JOE MILMOE decided to open a new thread BILL CORWIN>>>NICE GUY.....thanks for your reading of this and understanding and its really ashame that someone can go on here and bash and lie about someone when its NOT TRUE....

Old 04-21-2008, 05:00 PM   #35
lanceheads
I'll vouch for Bill. I have known him for years.
Randal Berry

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!