Carolina Reptile Exchange, selling Pieds - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-13-2003, 02:18 PM   #21
craig kade
Beleive me I hope it is not one of the ones you sold either. I am hoping to find someone with a pied male, and send her out on a breeder loan. That way I would know for sure after just one breeding. Doing het to het and only having a small clutch would not prove it beyond a doubt. Pied to het. would in my opinion. Granted if I do not get pieds from the het to het I will agree that it is HIGHLY unlikely that she is het. Then what?? Good luck to everyone this season. Craig Kade

Old 11-19-2003, 10:36 PM   #22
Thomas Jones
HCE

I have bought or traded for 0.1 het albinos and 1.1 het pieds.
I have seen Harrys pieds and albino. I have seen his axanthic as well. He has or has sold to Noah of Carolina reptile exchange. Albino labyrinth,albino boas,and albino retics. I am in the process of doing a breeder loan with Harry. I am borrowing his albino male. I am waiting for his e-mail. Harry is a busy man at 71 yrs old and has not been in good health. He flies planes.

All in all i hope my albino hets and the pieds hets prove out.

Old 11-20-2003, 11:45 AM   #23
ReticEd
Quote:
He has or has sold to Noah of Carolina reptile exchange.
Is that the Carolina Reptile Exchange located on Carowinds Blvd, Fort Mill SC??

Last time I was at that shop, it was Bruce, Harrys son, that owned and operated that store.

Old 11-20-2003, 12:22 PM   #24
Thomas Jones
Noah owns the store but Bruce helps run it. Bruce was there when i went to pick up my pied hets. Harry sold the albinos laby,retics and boas to Noah. And some ball morphs. I am like everyone else who has done business with HCE and praying he is true to his word. When i talked to him he is always been very nice and helpful. I figure he makes alot of people mad because he sells the hets so cheap. And others make him look bad so he does not get much business. I took a gamble and i knew what everyone said about HArry but i am usually good at judging others. If i am wrong then i will take it from there.

Old 12-03-2003, 02:02 PM   #25
snakebstr
OK....Here are dealings I have had with Carolina Reptile Exchange. They started with a 100% peid male purchased at South Carolina show, Then I traded a chondro baby for another 100% het male at the same show, Then het traded me a caimen and some cash for 1.2 100% het Albinos. All of the came with paper work. I really wanted some female 100% het pieds, so when he posted the 1.3 I figured I would contact him again, and we worked out a trade. Well he sent the 1.3 bad news 2 of the 4 were skinny and the other 2 had ticks needless to say I backed out of the 1.3 trade after he gave me a story about how someone switched the snakes I agreed to let him send some of HIS own personal snakes(1.3 100% hets) He also said I could just keep the first 4 he sent since they were normals that one of the workers changed, he said he went to the kids house and found alot of snakes that were stolen. Well I did get the NEW 1.3 plus he gave me a female 100% for my troubles(It died) after getting the snakes same thing 2 had ticks and 2 were OK looking. I decided that the risk was too high and sent the last deal back to them on Noah's request since bruce was out of town. So what I am stuck with now is NOT knowing if my 1.2 100% het albinos and 2.0 100% het pieds are really hets. I saved all the e-mail and printed them from Bruce. One E-mail Even says he will give me market value of 1200.00 if they don't prove out. If anyone has proven Harry's/HCE/Carolina Reptile Exchane's animals out please let me know. Thanks DAVID

Old 12-03-2003, 03:55 PM   #26
gmherps
Quote:
Well he sent the 1.3 bad news 2 of the 4 were skinny and the other 2 had ticks needless to say I backed out of the 1.3 trade after he gave me a story about how someone switched the snakes I agreed to let him send some of HIS own personal snakes(1.3 100% hets) He also said I could just keep the first 4 he sent since they were normals that one of the workers changed,
WOW!!!!

This sounds like an episode of the twilight zone.
David, my own opinion would be to get a refund on the snakes you have now. I mean come on: 100% HETS having ticks? That sounds a tad to fishy for me. I hope everything works out for you on this deal, but I have a very bad feeling it won't.
JMHO

Old 12-03-2003, 04:51 PM   #27
screamdreams
I've posted a few times in some previous threads about HCE and his possible hets. He purchased 20 normal females from me as well (last year) right about the time all of the ads for hets/possible hets started popping up everywhere. Alot of things just don't make sense on him...no pics, no explanations, no nothing. I'm not saying he's selling normals for possibles, but you couldn't pay me to buy one from him...just too many "fishy" details, or lack there of...BS paperwork, questionable production numbers...it really had nothing to do with his asking price that made me curious so to speak, it was all of the other $%^@!!!

Think about it, hardly anyone sells off all of their female hets, or even possibles for that matter, there's MUCH MORE money to be made by holding onto them, proving them out, and going from there (just my opinion) and I know people w/ groups of 3.7 adult 100% hets that didn't come close to producing that many freaking "possibles" so what's my advice???

RUN!!!!!

Old 12-03-2003, 05:27 PM   #28
screamdreams
BY THE WAY...

My comments above only target HCE and in no way was I questioning Carolina Reptile Exchange's ad. It states specifically that what they have available was bred by them, in their store, to their females...using HCE's Pied male, so I have zero negative comments or feelings about these particular animals offered by them. I just wanted to clarify.

Old 12-06-2003, 10:49 AM   #29
HerpVenue
Quote:
My comments above only target HCE and in no way was I questioning Carolina Reptile Exchange's ad. It states specifically that what they have available was bred by them, in their store, to their females...using HCE's Pied male,
Now if you could get a screen shot of that it would be cool.

So HCE's pied male has bred with how many females?
He has obviously bred with LOTS of females from Harry's collection.
And now he is studly enough to breed other females from other people's collections. (I need to get me a male like that)

anyone seen any pictures of the pieds harry supposedly produced in may or june of 2003?

the guy with the screen name RoyalReptiles supposedly bought one. But he seems to no longer post around here. Although he did promise to post pictures of the pieds bought from harry.

the guy with the screen name pacoq69 Chris Gouch of Crazy Colored Reptiles was supposed to buy harry's collection. I wonder what happened there.

My point. Personally I would be weary of any animal that comes with the name HCE other wise known as Digital Reptiles attached to it. Peter or Ralph or the Barkers can send it to me for free.....but if it had HCE name attached to it.....I would probably just say No thanks.

Old 12-06-2003, 11:37 AM   #30
The BoidSmith
The ad Troy refers to has been removed but it was there this past week. Caroline Reptile Exchange was clearly stating the heteros were bred by them at their store, and were not produced by HCE. They were even offering the pied male for sale.

Regards.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann