Carolina Reptile Exchange, selling Pieds - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:19 PM   #71
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
So you are preaching to the faithful? And no, I don't mean that you are a preacher. Or are you merely trying to back out of a corner? This is what you said to John.
I know exactly what I said to John and I will cheerfully say it again. Wishing mites on the snakes of an animal abuser makes about as much sense as suggesting that the victim should be punished along with the rapist. Why do you keep insisting that this translates to calling John an animal abuser?

Quote:
I can see the reverse lights now and here the beep, beep, beep. You overreacted to what John said. Grow up, admit it, and git along little dogie. And no, I am not implying that you are a motherless calf either.
Who exactly is overreacting? No matter how many times it is explained to you, you keep trying to defend John against an accusation that doesn't exist.

Not every discussion of issues in our community is personal. Part of growing up means learning to understand this and to communicate your disagreements in a way that is reasoned and civil rather than personally insulting.

You may not feel that this subject is an important issue in our community, and you are welcome to say as much, but not everyone will agree with you. I do feel that this is an important issue that needed to be pointed out. That's what I did. Discussing community issues is not the same thing as making a personal attack. I'm sorry you don't seem to understand that.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:45 PM   #72
Jim O
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakegetters
Wishing mites on the snakes of an animal abuser makes about as much sense as suggesting that the victim should be punished along with the rapist
Ummm...no it's hardly the same thing and the analogy sucks. But one issue is whether John really wished mites on the snakes. I'll try to make this simple for you. He said
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
May their animals be infested with mites the size of Volkswagons!
and your direct response was
Quote:
Why in the world would you wish any more suffering on their animals?
You can "spin" that every which way you like but you did accuse him of wishing it. Those were your own words, no one else's.

Now when it was pointed out that John was joking you made a half hearted effort to back out by saying
Quote:
Joke or not, a statement like that illustrates an attitude in our community that is worth discussion.
What this so clearly means to anyone who is reading it is that you are referring to John's attitude here.

Now get over yourself. You do indeed have a point. But you got on the wrong soapbox. You want to discuss someone in particular who has that attitude, post about that person here in the BOI and be prepared to back it up. If you want to rant and rave in general terms about people's attitude without specifics post it in one of the "General" forums here or (preferrably) on another site. But your comments were a direct response to what John said and were obviously directed at him if only thinly veiled. To think that anyone who reads this is stupid enough to believe otherwise is...well you can fill in the blank.

Old 06-10-2005, 04:56 PM   #73
snakegetters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim O
What this so clearly means to anyone who is reading it is that you are referring to John's attitude here.
I felt that the joke was in poor taste because it expressed and humorously condoned an attitude that is an actual problem in our community. I responded accordingly. This is not the same as calling the person who made the joke an animal abuser.

I am sorry that you still have a problem understanding this.

Old 06-10-2005, 05:07 PM   #75
ravensgait
JimO MOOoooooOOOOoooOOOO
Tanith if you want to discuss that subject there are places to do it this isn't one of them.
Myself I would think that those that are regulars here are here because they care. they care about the Animals , the Hobby and the Reptile business. Now what any of this has to do with this thread I don't know !! give us a couple flushes Jim..... Randy

Old 06-10-2005, 05:17 PM   #76
Jim O
Quote:
I felt that the joke was in poor taste because it expressed and humorously condoned an attitude that is an actual problem in our community.
And it was in response to this joke (we now agree that it was a joke)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncoast Herpetological
May their animals be infested with mites the size of Volkswagons!
So what you are saying is there is a "probelm in our community" with people that you know of that specifically wish mites on reptiles? Name names. Come on now, you keep saying this is a problem "in our community". I don't see that as a problem. If it existed in large number I would. Selling fake hets (what this thread is about) is a problem.

I agree that there are people that don't care about reptiles, but I doubt that even the worst of those in the "herp trade" wish mites on their reptiles or on others' animals.

While you're thinking of an answer (a specific one, not another blanket statement about people in "our community"), would you like someone to throw down a bigger shovel to help dig the hole that you're in a bit deeper?

Old 06-10-2005, 05:27 PM   #77
WebSlave
Stop! Enough, please

If anyone has anything further to add in this thread concerning the TOPIC of this thread, then please do so. Anyone else interested in participating in a divergent conversation is request to start your own separate thread about such a topic in an appropriate forum and continue the discussion there.

Old 06-10-2005, 10:31 PM   #78
The BoidSmith
Bruce A. Eisenmann Ph.D.!!!!

[/quote]About Us
Our founder,has his Doctorate in Herpetology, We feature breeder and venomous classes, and our professionals travel to schools and special learning events. Call ahead for a scheduled appointment for your classroom or children's birthday parties. From 180-lb. turtles to pet reptiles, we have it all. We also feature investment-quality reptiles that can be used for income,or hobby,and so much more ![/quote]

Maybe he does have a Ph.D. in herpetology, but not one in English language though, that’s for sure.

The following quote is from CRE's TOS page:

Quote:
17) We reserve the rite to refuse a sale to anyone, at our disgression.
rite???

disgression???

Old 06-11-2005, 12:00 AM   #79
Suncoast Herpetological
Lmao

PHD must stand for Pathetically Horrid Diction in this instance. These guys spare no effort to prove they are a blight on the reptile community.

And to the one reader of this thread who did not appreciate the fact that my comment a few pages back was a joke pure and simple, I hereby restate and amend:

May the Eisenmans themselves be infested with mites the size of Volkswagons.

Better Tanith?

Old 06-12-2005, 12:47 PM   #80
Orchid Gecko
Thanks BOI

I inquired about his new 50/50 add. He responded as follows:

I have 5.4 ,100% het pieds from 2 different clutches,they are from Dave Hanners male pied K2,and either a normal female ,or a het female.All were hatched in may 05.S as far as a unrelated pr,they woulds have the same father but not mother.

I have loads of things hatching currently,and am totaly out of room.

The deal is this:I will sell female het pieds at $1600,and males at $500,HOWEVER we will take 1/2 ($800 female,$250 male) now,and ship you the snakes(shipping included)

When you produce pieds,you pay the ballance of the other 1/2.You dont produce,you dont pay.We watch the sale ads and go to alot of shows,so we are hoping to find out when someone produces if they are not honest enough to let us know.

We require a full name, adress, phone and either a state I D number or drivers licence number.

We are backing the genetics for life and have a live arrival plus 10 day guarantee.

we are not a home based breeder ,we have a actual retail store,as well as a co op of over 23 breeders,and have been selling via kingsnake for over 6 yrs.you can feel free to visit our web page at www.carolinareptileexchange.com .Our current retail store has been in its current locaton for over 3 yrs,just off interstate 77 on the Nc/Sc border.

We welcome paypal at Ncbgshow@aol.com as well as postal or western union money orders and wire transfers to our mailing adress below.

I am more than happy to help you in any way I can both now ,and long after the sale.Feel free to give us a call.

As far as offers,Im allways willing to listen to offers on larger groups.

when you send a money order or paypal,please email us at this adress so we are sure to reserve your order.

As far as a pr goes in the 50/50 deal you would need $1050 now and the same at production

Ling

Noah, Bruce,Ling,and Staff
Carolina Reptile Exchange & co-op
3312 hwy 21 # 114 (store adress)
996 cranberry circle (mailing/shipping adress)

Ft Mill Sc. 29715
(803) 548-8BOA

I decided to check the BOI, trying to get in the habit, posting and immediatly said not no, hell no!

Steve
Orchid Gecko

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
bruce eisenmann