Sulawesi Retic - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
pituophissayi
Sulawesi Retic

Hello everyone I have a male Sulawesi Reticulated python that has what appears to be disappearing definition in pattern. I don't have pics, but but please email rabidreptiles@hotmail.com or visit my site (http://www.freewebs.com/rabidreptiles/) and see if there's any animals you'd like to order instead or would like to order with him.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-04-2007, 04:50 AM   #2
pituophissayi
Found a pic, but it's too large to fit here so click this and it will take you to the proper page http://www.freewebs.com/rabidreptile...alepythons.htm . After pricing other Sulawesi's I noticed mine was way under priced. However I am going to accept the best offer I get. He is a little finicky when it comes to eating, but that will probably change as he gets older, he is also really bitey most the time. I free hand him, but you may not want to risk it.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-04-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
ravensden
are you sure

that is a sulawesi, it looks like a yellow head to me. I could be wrong, but I went to NERD's website and looked at their pics of Sulawesi retics and they don't look like yours!

This pic is from the NERD website.

Old 02-04-2007, 12:51 PM   #4
erobinson
In zack's defense, It does have some qualites of a sulawesi the tight rope like pattern on its back and its eyes. It probably just a bad pic or a sulawesi locale retic cross with some other yellowhead locale.

Old 02-04-2007, 04:44 PM   #5
Big Boids
Does look like a sulawesi. The head is pretty yellow. The only thing I don't know about is it is tiny for 1 year old. 4-5 feet and small. Most retics will be 10+ in a year. And sulawesi retics are the biggest of them all. They are the tics that get 25+ feet. I figure in a year a sulawesi shoud be 12+ feet.

just my thoughts would like to have him though.

thanks Drew

Old 02-04-2007, 05:03 PM   #6
pituophissayi
Ok, here's the scoop on him being so small. I got him home (around 3 months old), put him quarantine, checked on him the next day and he was gone... Still not sure how as nothing was out of order, but he was gone. He popped up 4 months later super skinny but not dehydrated. I fed him for 2 months with no problem and then suddenly he went off feed, heat and humid was perfect, but he wouldn't touch a f/t rat. I tried a live rat about 5 weeks after her went off feed and he took it. I figured he would continue to eat at least stunned animals, nope. I kept feeding him one live rat every other week while trying p/k in between and nothing. In late november he just suddenly (once again) stopped eating. He is perfectly fine, normal poops no external parasites, well hydrated, just stops eating. He did take a live rat for me on 1-9 and again on 1-31 so I'm hoping that he's back on the right track again. As for me selling him when he's funky about eating I have it stated on here and would have reitterated the fact before the buyer and I even agreed on a price. I feel his price should very well reflect his behavior and that's why I normally post him for $275+ shipping. I am getting a fecal run as soon as this rat comes out to make sure he is still clean and if he's not then he will be taken off the market until he is treated. Thank you all for your inquiries and comments, it is all greatly appreciated as it helps me explain everything on the animal in further detail when I get more questions.
  Contact User Check User
Old 02-06-2007, 02:08 PM   #7
erobinson
Do you know if he was Wild caught, captive hatched from a WC mother or a captive bred animal. From what you described, I would say its WC.

Old 02-06-2007, 04:04 PM   #8
pituophissayi
I was told he is CB, but I have no viable poof so my guess would be ch/wc. He's a nice little biter, but I can handle him without gloves or hooks.
  Contact User Check User

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread